Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keymapping for BS

I feel so old school , using a common button-less mouse and doing everything with keyboard
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Quote Originally Posted by Corais View Post
    Personally i have all combo directions on Mouse3, Mouse4 and Mouse5 and then modify them with SHIFT and CTRL. The reason that works is that you can bind 2 buttons to sprint in my case shift and ctrl. Hell i could bind ALT to sprint too, i could use this as modifier as well. Then bind your combostarters correspondingly e.g. BtD VI (Mid, UL, UR): Combostarter on Shift+Q steps on Shift+MouseX. Easy to execute while sprinting and jumping. Combos with lower direction steps have to go to ctrl now since shift is spent for upper directions already. So e.g. HS V or PoIF III (LL-Mid) starters is bound to Ctrl+E and steps go to ctrl+MouseX. Again execute while sprinting. Only drawback is you have a milisecond non sprint while switching your pinky from shift to ctrl. But you get twice the slots for combostarters while running.
    that is a smart solution! I wanna to try it out, and hopefully my pinky will agree with it, haha. Even if I'll only have two buttons that I like to use for comboarrows on my mouse. but I don't think ALT is an alternative because how would you combojump while sprinting?
    Last edited by Lurvi; 28th January 2017 at 13:52.

And I feel so lazy, using a mouse with 12 buttons :/

By the way, that mouse was pretty awesome when I played BS. "Razer Naga", if someone is interested.

I was always wondering misterclean,

can you map the 2 buttons right under the scroll to become a button, or are those only for switching layers on the 12 button pad?

there is also the new razer MOBA mouse with only 7 buttons... maybe easier to remain a comfortable grip? I was always afraid to buy that 12 button razer mouse because of the grip issues

+ it's really hard to give up on the logitech mx518/g400... legendary mouse imo! sadly both are out of production, so sooner or later I'll have to find something else
    Last edited by Lurvi; 28th January 2017 at 14:02.

Well, those two buttons are mappable thanks to the Naga driver. However, and I hope it's just me, but I had an issue with the driver which caused blue screens (Win 7, not updated for a long time).
    Quick fix: I don't use that driver anymore. So the 12 thumb buttons remain mappable. Sadly, the two others are not usable anymore.

That said, I've had a period of 15 days to get used to the mouse and now I think I will never go back to a "normal" mouse. Also, there is no grip issue since the thumb buttons have just the right amount of hardness. Even in FPS games, the mouse is accurate and very controlable.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    there is also the new razer MOBA mouse with only 7 buttons... maybe easier to remain a comfortable grip? I was always afraid to buy that 12 button razer mouse because of the grip issues
    I thought the same and bought the previous version of the naga hex (only 6 thumb buttons) 2 years ago. It works well for me but on some classes I wish I had more buttons.
    Kaleeh PoM - Resolved Guard - Reducia Sin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12