Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: State of Funcom? Aoc?

Quote Originally Posted by Euklid View Post
    Let's wait for the Q4 2016 Report which is due on February 28, 2017. However, I assume that the reception (read: sales) of Conan Exiles will be of ample importance for the overall state of FunCom and it's future.

Cheers Euklid
    Funcom stocks seem to do great since this year. Must be due to conan exiles.

Quote Originally Posted by -Deukalion- View Post
    Funcom stocks seem to do great since this year. Must be due to conan exiles.
    all the devs are working on exiles- age of is just like an old cow they dont even feed anymore, just getting the rest of the milk out! maybe the put the 3th stone für legend ring in a store, nothing more to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by dohihr View Post
    all the devs are working on exiles- age of is just like an old cow they dont even feed anymore, just getting the rest of the milk out! maybe the put the 3th stone für legend ring in a store, nothing more to happen.
    What is strange is that Tilty used to be quite active on the TSW forums. Now he has disappeared there as well - his last post was more than 6 months ago. Guess recent cost savings (they cut operating expenses by about 1/3 in 2016) must have affected the NC office quite a bit...
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    What is strange is that Tilty used to be quite active on the TSW forums. Now he has disappeared there as well - his last post was more than 6 months ago. Guess recent cost savings (they cut operating expenses by about 1/3 in 2016) must have affected the NC office quite a bit...
    Something I have noted - not only here but for other MMOs and other game companies as well - is that when there is new content released or other good news to talk about, then devs tend to be quite talkative and open for communication. When there is no good news or any new content, then they tend to be very silent - probably knowing that if they showed themselves they would just get peltered by complaints and questions about when/if next update will happen.

Most of the Funcom devs must indeed be busy with Conan Exiles, because that is the only activity they show outwards and only thing they seem willing to talk about. Even the TSW players are starting to get quite impatient about new content as it was quite a while since any substantial new content was released there. Not quite as bad as here in AoC though were we haven't even got any hints that anything new might be coming.

if they did return though, what should we say to them?

what kind of patch should be all plead for? shouldn't we all be unified about something. I hate to sound so cheesy, but we should just think about what we can do.

it's weird for this (rather niche, but) epic game to be left stranded, when they could do fairly simple changes to please the remaining, returning and new players.
    Last edited by Lurvi; 19th January 2017 at 10:47.

Even if they put any developer again to work for aoc, 95% of PvE is being destroyed with the rewards raid finder gave so unless they start developing new tiers and dungeons, pve is dead for me and I guess many others. And then again even if they do that the majority of people left will want raid finder difficulty for higher tiers. And then on PvP even if some work again for aoc they will never care like always. I wont mention bug fixing since that will be a joke since there are the same bugs since launch. ( and dont hold your breath since after few months of Exile and when that game fail miserably like it is expected to, Funcom will announce their new Title..... Rinse and repeat).

So I dont see any reason for this thread to exist, so like someone said keep calm and keep farming raid finder and WB on your 24th alt.
    Last edited by zeuss; 19th January 2017 at 13:31.
    IVORY TOWER

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post

what kind of patch should be all plead for? shouldn't we all be unified about something. I hate to sound so cheesy, but we should just think about what we can do.

it's weird for this (rather niche, but) epic game to be left stranded, when they could do fairly simple changes to please the remaining, returning and new players.
    You should ask:

IF they return, what should THEY say to US?

But this will never happen, they wont return, it's over.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post

I think we can all agree on the list of fixes which you proposed some time back.

Personally, one thing I strongly believe is that they should adjust rewards for dungeons to make them viable again (other than Slithering). This has been discussed numerous times, e.g. here. It's a shame that FC have focused on solo content (Vanaheim, RF) and raids only - in my view, the hard six-man instances is where AoC PvE really shines.

I'd love to daydream about genuinely new content (raids, dungeons, open world areas, mini maps) but it's become hard even to dream
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    I think we can all agree on the list of fixes which you proposed some time back.

Personally, one thing I strongly believe is that they should adjust rewards for dungeons to make them viable again (other than Slithering). This has been discussed numerous times, e.g. here. It's a shame that FC have focused on solo content (Vanaheim, RF) and raids only - in my view, the hard six-man instances is where AoC PvE really shines.

I'd love to daydream about genuinely new content (raids, dungeons, open world areas, mini maps) but it's become hard even to dream
    Well ofc,main reason a group of 10 people that were running dungeons like crazy in our guild quit,almost quit or do only raids once in a while is because there is no new content and no sense of game progression and char progression apart from Rf abomination.

So what does this mean for the crafting revamp?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ____
    Ambarb Barbarian / Full T4 (Thank you Tainted Souls! <3)
    Amheal Tempest of Set / T4 & T3
    Amguard Guardian / T3 & T2

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast