Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: State of Funcom? Aoc?

Quote Originally Posted by mazzem View Post
    i guess i was right the latest annual report states that no more content will be developed for AOC.
    Yup it's over. At least they communicated it though. When I played Warhammer Online during its final moments there was no news on the state of the game.

Personally, I haven't played AoC for a little over a year now. But I always continued to check the forums in the hopes something interesting would come out. I do the same with The Secret World as well.

Back to Tamriel!
    Retired / 2010-2016

Ok then its time for us to enjoy the game aslong as the server is up. No point using energy on complaints. Either we play and have fun on what we got served, or we stop playing.
    I will enjoy AOC happily until its no more fun doing same contend and servers are up
    Moderated by SciIti : please, not this sort of joke, thank you

Toons: Darthpowie, Powie, Lynvingeen, Zummigummi and friends <3

Quote Originally Posted by mrhood View Post
    Ok then its time for us to enjoy the game aslong as the server is up. No point using energy on complaints. Either we play and have fun on what we got served, or we stop playing.
    I will enjoy AOC happily until its no more fun doing same contend and servers are up
    thats exactly how i think of it

Anyway the game for many is still the best MMO, despite all its flaws.
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

Quote Originally Posted by krippa View Post
    Yup it's over. At least they communicated it though. When I played Warhammer Online during its final moments there was no news on the state of the game.

Personally, I haven't played AoC for a little over a year now. But I always continued to check the forums in the hopes something interesting would come out. I do the same with The Secret World as well.

Back to Tamriel!
    yea I agree and its nice of them to keep the game running.

How exactly is it nice of them ?
    Funcom is still making profit without putting any effort into the game, so it would just be highly stupid if they shut it down
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Stockholm syndrome at its best.
    Last edited by elsunga; 16th March 2017 at 21:03.

Quote Originally Posted by slackjoint View Post
    How exactly is it nice of them ?
    Funcom is still making profit without putting any effort into the game, so it would just be highly stupid if they shut it down
    The game is free to play. Nobody is forcing you to pay for sub. They are a business and they need to make money. Would you rather see them shut down the game?

Sure, they are a business, but originally videogames were designed as entertainment, and in the process the developers earned money. In this case, and others before it, entertainment is shadowed by the pure profit for the devs. It's technically F2P, but in reality it's P2W. If you had played before the shop revamp and many other shameful changes, you would know, or how all the revenue from AoC has gone exclusively into TSW development, while they abandoned AoC, covering it up with shallow updates, for a very long time.

Instead of taking care of their playerbase, they squeeze their wallets, and smile at the cameras. These devs would make good politicians. I never thought anyone could beat Electronic Arts or Ubisoft, but they did.

Just to be sure: By "devs" you do not mean the developers working on the game? Because I am pretty sure that they are only employees.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast