Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: State of Funcom? Aoc?

Quote Originally Posted by krippa View Post
    TSW gets a relaunch, that's nice.. but won't save the game unless they make major changes. The combat system in that game is just absolute trash.

On the subject of AoC, at the very least they should devote some resources to at least merge Fury into Crom.
    Fury and Crom will probably never merge. It would be the end of open world PvP and kill off a large percent of the current population. In any game a server merge is bad in the long run. It consolidates population giving a temporary illusion of being "better", but in the long term kills off what little community we have. Without solid community, we may as well be playing single player games.

As stated in the Funcom quarterly report, AoC would still keep going as long as it remains profitable. Considering Anarchy Online is still around since 2001, we should be able to take Funcom's word that AoC in it's current state will not be shut down for the foreseeable future. So if you are the type of player that is casual or your in game activities are solo stuff, world boss, raid finder, or T1-T4 raids, life for you in game would not change.

The playerbase affected the most by no more significant development going forward are those players in the top raiding guilds, the 6 guilds that have cleared T6 and the handful more still working on T6. For those players, there's nothing to look forward to other than ongoing alt T6 raids. Eventually those players will bleed out due to boredom, etc and there will be no more guilds tackling endgame content. Then AoC will be left with the "casual" players for lack of a better term.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    As stated in the Funcom quarterly report, AoC would still keep going as long as it remains profitable. Considering Anarchy Online is still around since 2001, we should be able to take Funcom's word that AoC in it's current state will not be shut down for the foreseeable future. So if you are the type of player that is casual or your in game activities are solo stuff, world boss, raid finder, or T1-T4 raids, life for you in game would not change.

The playerbase affected the most by no more significant development going forward are those players in the top raiding guilds, the 6 guilds that have cleared T6 and the handful more still working on T6. For those players, there's nothing to look forward to other than ongoing alt T6 raids. Eventually those players will bleed out due to boredom, etc and there will be no more guilds tackling endgame content. Then AoC will be left with the "casual" players for lack of a better term.
    I hope Age of Conan can keep going for years longer; as you point out, if Anarchy Online is still profitable in 2017 then Age of Conan's player base would have to shrink considerably for this game to fall into the red with minimal development costs from maintenance mode. Funcom has a vested interest in maintaining AOC as they are the "preferred partner" for Conan related video games due to the company's relationship with Conan Properties.

http://www.funcom.com/news/funcom_an...ew_partnership

Funcom now has Conan Exiles (a survival sandbox), Age of Conan (an MMO), and an upcoming Conan game for release in 2018 that will probably be a smaller scale PC game all of which are related to the Conan IP. The three (or even more in the future) Conan games can be used to cross-promote one another and continue to establish Funcom as the Conan the Barbarian video game developer.
    Guild 'House Jade Asp' - PvE server

Im sure they will keep AoC going for a long time but why would I want them to continue with the IP now?

Youve got an MMO that they kicked an spat on, a minecraft clone with boobs & blood an then next whatever else they dream up one night.

All so far have been full of promises that never came to light, Joel may love Conan but hes hardly building a reputation as reliable & I would honestly rather see the Conan IP head somewhere else for a fresh start now

It's quite clear they shifted their focus on Conan Exile, this game is long dead.

Short period quick updates = on life-support. Don't get your hopes up.

It's much easier for them at this point to make a new game and build a new community around it.

Age of Conan is way past it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by mazzem View Post
    It's quite clear they shifted their focus on Conan Exile, this game is long dead.

Short period quick updates = on life-support. Don't get your hopes up.

It's much easier for them at this point to make a new game and build a new community around it.

Age of Conan is way past it's time.
    Maybe from a Fury perspective....but I see your point on the almost non-existent updates...very little Funcom love shown to AoC.

As for population, specifically mini games; Crom action is alive and well. I was concerned that Exiles would take away some of the action. If anything there has been more minis popping almost non-stop - at least during primetime. Good competition too.

A good (balanced) mini...very few kills by either team. Except of course for the rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by -Tecata- View Post
    Maybe from a Fury perspective....but I see your point on the almost non-existent updates...very little Funcom love shown to AoC.

As for population, specifically mini games; Crom action is alive and well. I was concerned that Exiles would take away some of the action. If anything there has been more minis popping almost non-stop - at least during primetime. Good competition too.

A good (balanced) mini...very few kills by either team. Except of course for the rangers.
    Would gladly share your positive mind attitude about the AoC, but I simply cant. I would love to spend again those endless duels/minis/open PvP...basicly just like any other alive multiplayer game - insta action whenever u want...AoC now? Login, 4 ppl standing in khemi at the harbor, checking the minigame list - 2 HV; 1 BR; 2 Sag; 1 TT ... signed, checking the list of ALL 5 minigames - 12 ppl so one minigame is running...so Im forced to keep the PvP minigames tab opened and waiting till the running minigame ends and players from it sign for another minigame - thats the moment u need see for sign the right minigame to get into some action (mostly nightmare scenario)...Im seriously tired of this, seen it on Aquilonia, seen it on Fury and seen it on Crom...and Crom was the last living server, there is just no place to move :/

Quote Originally Posted by -Hyen- View Post
    Would gladly share your positive mind attitude about the AoC, but I simply cant. I would love to spend again those endless duels/minis/open PvP...basicly just like any other alive multiplayer game - insta action whenever u want...AoC now? Login, 4 ppl standing in khemi at the harbor, checking the minigame list - 2 HV; 1 BR; 2 Sag; 1 TT ... signed, checking the list of ALL 5 minigames - 12 ppl so one minigame is running...so Im forced to keep the PvP minigames tab opened and waiting till the running minigame ends and players from it sign for another minigame - thats the moment u need see for sign the right minigame to get into some action (mostly nightmare scenario)...Im seriously tired of this, seen it on Aquilonia, seen it on Fury and seen it on Crom...and Crom was the last living server, there is just no place to move :/
    Join -Vendetta- on the fury server and come to the daily pvp area and enjoy fighting against the NW/Ominous/united sexy boy (rest of the server) alliance, instead of hanging arround at khemi...

Quote Originally Posted by -Deukalion- View Post
    Join -Vendetta- on the fury server and come to the daily pvp area and enjoy fighting against the NW/Ominous/united sexy boy (rest of the server) alliance, instead of hanging arround at khemi...
    Seems u missed the point. But thx for the invitation anyway

i guess i was right the latest annual report states that no more content will be developed for AOC.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast