Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: State of Funcom? Aoc?

It's over guys. Let it go. Nothing lasts forever.

The game is fine and healthy.

Yes improvements need to be done, but there are far too many drama queens that have always lived on the AoC forums since launch and are still here...still complaining after...around 8 - 9 years.
    Last edited by TechnologicalApe; 20th January 2017 at 07:06.

Asking about a subscription offer that was announced before June of 2016 doesn't seem much like 'drama queen' material in my opinion.

But when you only see restarts posted plus posts from volunteer moderators (who likely are not in the information loop), its a bit disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnologicalApe View Post

Yes improvements need to be done, but there are far too many drama queens that have always lived on the AoC forums since launch and are still here...still complaining after...around 8 - 9 years.
    This game is definitely not fine and healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnologicalApe View Post

Fine and healthy... most Minecraft servers run by Youtubers have like 10 times the playerbase of AoC.
    You know, the first M in MMORPG stands for "massively" and this does not describe AoC anymore.

One could take Funcom's lack of actual response as well as silently removing threads/posts that they don't like without a single word could be taken as a response itself.

So I'm inclined to believe they just prefer to silently slap their customer base in the face rather than try to appease whats left of the masses of this game with hollow words.
    Semi-Retired
    Wiccana RP Forever
    Forum Stalker
    Forum PvPer

The hope is that all of you naturally move on to Exiles and this place can silently be shut down

Quote Originally Posted by Direwolfe View Post
    The hope is that all of you naturally move on to Exiles and this place can silently be shut down
    I seem to have the strange feeling from all the silence that the game may have met its time.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    For Honor may have regional (activation) lock though and thus lose much of its popularity. This basically means that people will be unable to play the game, will not be able to obtain nonlocalized versions, or be separated into small communities. None of this is good for population in the long run.
    It couldn't be smaller, laggier, less developed, more pve biased or "third party" friendly than funcom's AoC for pvpers outta capitalism-land now though, can it?

I played this game early access and when it came out... I've tried a few times to get back in to it through the years, and I just couldn't. I love the lore and setting a ton, but the game just needed so many changes and updates that just didn't seem to materialize. It's a shame... one can dream of an AoC reboot, they have so much content, too bad they couldn't re-purpose it somehow. Then again I'll be checking out Exiles in a week or so. Different animal but still could be fun... to get my Hyperborean fix.
    Last edited by astr0cat; 23rd January 2017 at 00:16.
    Home/Gaming PC: I7-6700K@4.5GHz/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound Blaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/Oculus CV1

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast