Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: State of Funcom? Aoc?

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Yeah, that is the same problem for low-level PVP. You get several kills in PVP, and you outlevel your PVP level bracket... Funcom broke the game for PVP players too.
    Yeah, seeing that theres no low-lvl minis since a couple of years now, that non-existent problem you describe is really a bummer. You dont get PVE-XP for PVP-kills.
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

Quote Originally Posted by Maelkjar View Post
    Yeah, seeing that theres no low-lvl minis since a couple of years now, that non-existent problem you describe is really a bummer. You dont get PVE-XP for PVP-kills.
    I might be forgetting something (sorry, I have not played much owing to 16-hour workdays and a local 3-year-long cultural and economical crisis), but do you not get PVE XP for participating in a minigame or getting kills (was it not included in "daily quests")?
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 3rd February 2017 at 04:28.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    I might be forgetting something (sorry, I have not played much owing to 16-hour workdays and a local 3-year-long cultural and economical crisis), but do you not get PVE XP for participating in a minigame or getting kills (was it not included in "daily quests")?
    You do not get pve xp from minis or just pvp kills since around 2010/2011 (100% sure about kills, 80% sure about minis), but you get huge amounts of pve xp from the 2014/2015 changes (pvp quests, festivals etc.). I think now you even get pve xp from the daily challenges, if you want them or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2016 View Post
    but you get huge amounts of pve xp from the 2014/2015 changes (pvp quests, festivals etc.). I think now you even get pve xp from the daily challenges, if you want them or not.
    Yup, that is the forced PVE XP gain in PVP minigames or open-world PVP I have been talking about.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

I'm a new player and nearly every really nice person i have talked with all basically tell me the game is nothing more than maintenance mode, and that me spending any money in it (which i have) is pointless. I played this from when it came out for a year. I know what the game core is, but its sad to see people trying to basically push new players away because they are jaded even if the game is in a state of stasis

Is it pointless to pay $15 plus to go see a movie and have snacks?

If you like the game and enjoy playing it with friends or enemies, then its worth paying for.

Most of the game up to lvl 80 can be FTP: after that you do get some bonuses (like more relics) for doing a subscription.

Pay monthly for sub if you aren't sure. No one knows when and if an annual sub offer will come out (been promised nearly a year now)

The game WILL fold if Funcom does not make some sort of profit on it though. I seriously doubt they would carry a money-losing game.

It costs less per month than going to movies and getting popcorn and a drink (at least in my area) and you get 24/7 game play

Playing the game is just as much a waste of time as spending a couple of hours glued to the boob tube. Of course, I can do both at once.

Quote Originally Posted by scipunk View Post
    its sad to see people trying to basically push new players away because they are jaded even if the game is in a state of stasis
    You can only blame FC for that. They have given us 0 news as to what is being worked on. So we assume nothing is being worked on.
    Kaleeh PoM - Resolved Guard - Reducia Sin

Quote Originally Posted by redpooo View Post
    You can only blame FC for that. They have given us 0 news as to what is being worked on. So we assume nothing is being worked on.

its been almost 10 months since a dev letter, i think that speaks volumes for the ineptitude of funcoms dev team.
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

The state of AoC seems pretty bleak from the latest Q4 letter. http://cdn.funcom.com/investor/2017/...Q16_Report.pdf

Page 3: For Age of Conan, a Thanksgiving and a Christmas sale events were launched, new rewards were added to the Raid finder and the tie-in items with Conan Exiles were added.

No further significant work is expected to be done on this project going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Selona View Post
    The state of AoC seems pretty bleak from the latest Q4 letter. http://cdn.funcom.com/investor/2017/...Q16_Report.pdf

Page 3: For Age of Conan, a Thanksgiving and a Christmas sale events were launched, new rewards were added to the Raid finder and the tie-in items with Conan Exiles were added.

No further significant work is expected to be done on this project going forward.
    After reading that investor report, it does seem a bleak future here indeed. Absolutely nothing mentioned about AoC other than the 2 sentences Selona mentions.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast