Thread: Health of the game / community

Red face Health of the game / community

Hi!
    I would like to ask about the state of the current game and how they see it as for someone who just started.
    Number of players, activities, f2p, etc.
    Is it worth it or has it been many years?
    Am I going to be alone in Cimmeria or am I going to meet people?

Quote Originally Posted by Triario View Post
    Hi!
    I would like to ask about the state of the current game and how they see it as for someone who just started.
    Hey m8☺ and welcome☺ i dont know mutch about low lvl activity☺ but at end game there is alot ☺
    Crom:
    Kraamz dt pvp10
    Kramzor hox pvp10
    Quickdash guard pvp7
    Kramzz bs pvp5

Fury:
    Pressostate conq pvp5
    ++++

AFK into the unknown =/

I came back after many years of inactivity and I can tell you there are many people in every map I visit.

I am not telling you'll fine some people to group with to do group quests but you will find help regularly if you need.

The chat is also very active.

My only regret is minis never run before level 80...

So, welcome back in Hyboria !

My friends and I started playing this game at launch and eventually left. We came back last month with new accounts and expansions and there are always people on every map we work on -- from Tortage to Khitai. I think people are rediscovering what a beautiful and brutal game this is.

I have always been an advocate for AoC and Funcom in general. Their games and in particular, their storytelling, is unrivaled. I play MMOs for the company and the loot -- they are just big treasure hunts for me -- but Funcom creates stories that make me stop and actually pay a bit of attention to the story=) Also, as a player you get an awesome range of replies to annoying questgivers!

Quote Originally Posted by Triario View Post
    Hi!
    The game isn't as healthy as it could be. It is an older game without any advertising to keep bring in new players, so most of us already have lvl 80 characters (multiple in some cases), but between alt's and new players like yourself you'll find lower characters running around everywhere. I currently have a lvl 28 in Khop. Prov. and have seen a few others each time I log in. Plus by the number of calls for lower level 'purist' groups (those doing the dungeons at the suggested level) tell me there are others out there even if I'm not seeing them.

Is it worth it? I'd say so especially if you have an interest in the whole Conan story, no matter if you got it from REH's books or the movies. What ever you do, take the time to read the quests and please feel free to 'talk back' to the NPC's. Some of the best lines are those that generate from picking the non-normal answer's in the quest dialogue's.

Joining a guild is the best way to meet other players; make use of the Player Search button in the upper left hand corner of the screen. One of the tab's is named 'Guild's' and will let you know what's out there and the level range of the players in it.

Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Nebless View Post
    Joining a guild is the best way to meet other players; make use of the Player Search button in the upper left hand corner of the screen. One of the tab's is named 'Guild's' and will let you know what's out there and the level range of the players in it.

Enjoy
    Yes, all new players should join a Guild to complete Dungeons and other content at level. Attempting to form Dungeon groups from General Chat is more difficult and the players will likely be different people each time. You can join 'King' on the Crom PvE server, which has many newer and returning players.
    Guild 'House Jade Asp' - PvE server

aoc f2p is worth it. with worldboss and raidfinder you can fast grind, have fun with your friends.
    but the guild/sub/endgamecontent (T6) looks rather disappointing.
    one the biggest guilds (the last highend german guild) has fallen apart. 5-6 raids can kill the last t6 boss.
    just do it f2p- everything else is coming to an end.

Thank you all for the answers. They were very useful to me, see you in Cimmeria!

Or go to fury and enjoy the endless open world pvp