Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tier 4 Conq Armor

Default Tier 4 Conq Armor

I have enough Simple Relics IV and Dragon Tears to purchase perhaps a full set of Tier 4 armor. Which armor and weapons are the best for the Conq: Fearless, Courageous, or Indomitable?

http://aoc.is-better-than.tv/armory.php?p=armorsets

I fight with two one handed blades with the Carnage specialization, most of the time in Defensive stance.
    Guild 'House Jade Asp' - PvE server

Fearless is by far the most useful set I would say. It will be a good set for tanking both magical and physical bosses and apart from the defensive stats it has everything a conq wants in crit, hit, hate, critdamage etc.
    I asume tanking is what you are going for since you spend your time in defensive stance even if you use a carnage build which is non-conventional.

If you just want to dps I think you should stay in frenzy stance as much as you can and perhaps even buy barbarian gear (with hate decrease) over indomitable dps gear. When you pull aggro you always have flashing defense or cunning deflection to save your butt. I don't think you offer much to groups/raids with this playstyle however, so both you and your team will probably have a more fun time if you buy the fearless set.

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    Fearless is by far the most useful set I would say. It will be a good set for tanking both magical and physical bosses and apart from the defensive stats it has everything a conq wants in crit, hit, hate, critdamage etc.
    I asume tanking is what you are going for since you spend your time in defensive stance even if you use a carnage build which is non-conventional.

If you just want to dps I think you should stay in frenzy stance as much as you can and perhaps even buy barbarian gear (with hate decrease) over indomitable dps gear. When you pull aggro you always have flashing defense or cunning deflection to save your butt. I don't think you offer much to groups/raids with this playstyle however, so both you and your team will probably have a more fun time if you buy the fearless set.
    I am only in Defensive stance much of the time as I am often punching above my weight and just trying to stay alive. Defensive stance increases my survivability.

As I continue to fill out the AA trees, I will start to stay in Frenzy stance with a Carnage build. Should I get Fearless then, or should I buy Indomitable as I will be DPS instead of a tank?

You should always gear first for tanking on a soldier no matter what, playing carnage DPS exclusively is useless and a waste of a conq, there are times where you can go full DPS but most encounters you need to tank/offtank. And tanking and offtanking requires gear, DPS doesn't require gear, you can do great DPS in crap gear (just get a good weapon and some crit rating).

From T4 this is the best gear for tanking (highest aggro/high survivability).
    Fearless: legs, chest, helm
    Courageous: wrists, shoulders
    Indomitable: belt, boots, hands
    If you just want prot full FS is obviously the way to go.

The full Indomitable set is trash, it's no better than 6 man gear, waste of relics.
    Last edited by Evito; 6th January 2017 at 07:15.
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube
    THE IVORY TOWER - QQ - Schlenkerla/Hersch

You've made it pretty clear you want to DPS so the set that fits that description is Indomitable. But it's a crap set (for main pieces) and really Conqueror is so much more fun played as Brute so I can only reiterate Evito's suggestion. This is the right balance for a starter T4 set if you can get one of each.

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    You should always gear first for tanking on a soldier no matter what, playing carnage DPS exclusively is useless and a waste of a conq, there are times where you can go full DPS but most encounters you need to tank/offtank. And tanking and offtanking requires gear, DPS doesn't require gear, you can do great DPS in crap gear (just get a good weapon and some crit rating).

From T4 this is the best gear for tanking (highest aggro/high survivability).
    Fearless: legs, chest, helm
    Courageous: wrists, shoulders
    Indomitable: belt, boots, hands
    If you just want prot full FS is obviously the way to go.

The full Indomitable set is trash, it's no better than 6 man gear, waste of relics.
    "Prot" being protection, correct? Thank you for your input. Mixing the three sets seems to be the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Radicaltop View Post
    "Prot" being protection, correct? Thank you for your input. Mixing the three sets seems to be the way to go.
    Mixing the 3 sets is fine for non protection fights. But for a protection fight you'll want full fearless. Since fearless set is also very good for non-protection fights as well, this makes it the best overall set to get first. You can always pick up the other pieces later.

Hello, I've got some strange tokens called [Simple Relic IV], I don't know where and how but I've heard I can buy full T4 armor for my new toon with them.
    Which set is the best for DT for WB and RF farming?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    Mixing the 3 sets is fine for non protection fights. But for a protection fight you'll want full fearless. Since fearless set is also very good for non-protection fights as well, this makes it the best overall set to get first. You can always pick up the other pieces later.
    I may have moved onto Tier 5 armor by that time. However, only Simple Relic IV token seem to be available from the Raid Finder raids, so I will have to start grouping outside the Raid Finder to get the Tier 5 armor if I am not mistaken.

If you have never farmed T4 but instead got gear via RF, then forget about going to T5. Go step by step and learn the raid encounters from the bottom to the top and learn raid mechanics, because it's not something you can learn in RF, and T5 is no walk in the park.

Indomitable Souls is good for dps or for tanking with higher dps in low raid tiers and dungeons, Courageous gives a lot of survivability, and Fearless is something in between, good first set, like it's been said.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast