Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tier 4 Conq Armor

Quote Originally Posted by Radicaltop View Post
    I have enough Simple Relics IV and Dragon Tears to purchase perhaps a full set of Tier 4 armor. Which armor and weapons are the best for the Conq: Fearless, Courageous, or Indomitable?

http://aoc.is-better-than.tv/armory.php?p=armorsets

I fight with two one handed blades with the Carnage specialization, most of the time in Defensive stance.
    I went to the Epic Solider vendor in the Paikang Insurrection Camp and looked at the costs for a full Tier 4 armor set for my Conq. I only have enough Simple Relics IV for two one-handed swords and a helmet from one of the three sets. I have a bit more than 300 Simple Relics IVs saved up - farming progress in the Raid Finder has been slow since I posted last time.

I will most likely get the Fearless helmet and make that my full set, but which set of one-handed swords would you recommend I purchase? I have the options of East Cleave, West Cleave, and North Cleave. I am presently using the Crowned Serpent one-handed sword set from the T3 in-game store armor set.
    Last edited by Radicaltop; 4th June 2017 at 05:42.
    Guild 'House Jade Asp' - PvE server

What is your objective in buying the swords?

You quote a post where you are carnage in defensive stance which is not a typical tanking build and certainly not DPS either.

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    What is your objective in buying the swords?

You quote a post where you are carnage in defensive stance which is not a typical tanking build and certainly not DPS either.
    I am only in defensive stance to improve my survivability. As I get more powerful, I am switching more into Frenzy stance which is where I will end up most of the time. Others have mentioned that I should also switch to Brutal instead of Carnage, so my end build with T4 armor would be Frenzy with Brutal stance and two one-handed swords in a dual wield build.

so my end build with T4 armor would be Frenzy with Brutal stance and two one-handed swords in a dual wield build.
    If this is what you want (play as a DPS only) buy T4 barbarian set with hatedecrease on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Timaras View Post
    If this is what you want (play as a DPS only) buy T4 barbarian set with hatedecrease on it.
    What swords should I get?

What swords should I get?
    Well.
    As a dps you don't want +hate I suppose.
    So take either neutral or - hate swords
    And not the Dt sword with magic damage or the ranger sword with dexterity. Those also wont really be optimal
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

West Cleave of the White Tiger for mainhand, South Cleave of the Vermillion Bird (dps) or North Cleave of the Black Tortoise (tanking) for offhand.

Quote Originally Posted by Patoson View Post
    West Cleave of the White Tiger for mainhand, South Cleave of the Vermillion Bird (dps) or North Cleave of the Black Tortoise (tanking) for offhand.
    I didn't see an option for South Cleave; I selected only "usable" weapons when I sorted the list so that sword must be omitted for some reason.

I think South Cleave is sold by the Rogue vendor.

I may have moved onto Tier 5 armor by that time. However, only Simple Relic IV token seem to be available from the Raid Finder raids, so I will have to start grouping outside the Raid Finder to get the Tier 5 armor if I am not mistaken.
    Befor you can start raiding T5 you should definatly raid real T1-4 raids first. The raidfinder is by no means a way to learn how to play in real raids. If you have never played in a group let alone in a real raid you will fail miserably if you try to start raiding at T4 or T5.

Also, every member of a raid is supposed to fullfill the role of his class. Your character is a tank who can also deal a lot of damage if not tanking, but you are expected to be able to tank, or dps when neccessary. There might be a chance a pug raid will take you into a T5 or T6 as a dps with a conq, but no serious raid will take you in as a dps, and let you loot conq tanking gear (for what if you do not tank), or any other gear. If you want to play a dw-dps go for barb.

As a pure dps conq you bring nothing to the table a serious raidforce needs or wants, you will be a quickly kicked burden. Expecting loot for adding nothing usefull to the team will not make you any friends. I am beeing blunt here because with this attitude you will not only waste the time and nerves of raidleaders and their raidmembers, but you yourself will not have any pleasant experiences. I would advise you to learn how to play your conq as a proper tank and dps, make friends ingame and look for a decent guild who can help you. Or create a barb if you want to play a pure dps class.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast