Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Unleash the bear shaman

It would be great if we could arrange premades with identical setup and quality of players, but with bs-tos vs pom-tos or bs-pom vs pom-tos. My bets would be on the second team for sure..i consider Dreadsix a top bs and if he would join it would be awesome..

you seem to take my points as if they are black and white, wheya. extreme example... but ok

yes, tos does 50% more damage (actually it's more like 100%, before the tos dies)
    but so often the major bulk of it is trashdamage, you loose the teamfight cause you died too soon, and you repeat, yet as enemies die, you get killcredit.

bear could have space to threaten enemy priority target instead, single target, damage is the same as tos. yes this shifts more focus to other teammates, so it comes at a cost.

Hmmm, I don't know if my Ninja example is over the top. In a 1 vs multiple opponents situation the tos can do multiple times more dmg than a bs. The problem is to survive that encounter, though. In pug minis I often see a tos getting away with this.
    In a 1 vs 1 situation in a mini (not that much in a duel) the single target dmg of a tos is a lot higher than the dmg of a bs as I explained in this example.

Nevertheless I have to admit that the tos has the problem of being focussed hard which the bs doesn't have. This is even more true for a low level char. Low level tos has to suffer a great deal more than a low level bs.

Now to the premade situations: I have no doubt that the tos in a superior team that can help the tos to survive the tos will get a very good kd and a better kd that a bs ever could achieve.

Things change if tos is playing in an inferior team. Here the tos gets focussed and killed over and over.

Do I believe a bs is the better choice in an inferior team? It depends on the point of view. The player who is playing the tos will have a very hard time but all the team mates around him have to suffer less because it is the tos who is main focus. So they can do more dmg and survive a little bit better. And the poor tos who gets focussed all the time in an inferior team still does a lot more dmg than a bs ever could do. In this situation a tos is a little bit like jesus who suffers for all of us, hehe.
    In an inferior team replace the tos with bs, take away jesus, I am sure other team mates like demo, necro etc will replace that missing tos as primary target and now they start to suffer more than the bs who replaced the tos. You just can't compare bs and tos statistics one by one, you have to see the full picture of the entire team. I agree with Lurvi, just looking at kd of tos and bs doesn't work.

The one big thing where a bs shines over tos is when it comes to take down an isolated hostile flag carrier with the help of 1 or 2 other melees.

For me it is still valid what I have said in my very first post in this thread. I do believe the bs deserves to be boosted but I also do believe it is not necessary because I like it that different difficulty levels are available. I consider bs to be very hard and tos to be hard while ranger to be super easy difficulty level. I consider pom to be better than tos and bs. Overall I think healer archetype is harder than other archetypes with the only outstanding exception of the hox in the mage archetype.

Korando, the muti build allows some few additional lucky kill credits here and there when you get some lucky crits on IB. The BR spec on the other hand is more reliable in the long run and in my opinion (which which might be questionable in this case) allows a little bit more dmg over time with the almost constant help of your companion spirit and constant 700 more armor penetration which I consider to be more valuable than claws of the reaper (you don't get the full benefit of this claws all the time). Hard to tell which one works out better in minis, though. Currently I am set for BR but this might change again.

The big question I have, does the dmg of your companion spirit count as your dmg and therefore helps to get kill credits? I guess not but I don't know.

full blast BS guys is superior in team senarios. BS doesn't get focus and if u get focused u can run and kite.
    booming roar build is good for solos, arenas, world pvp.

Full blast bs is one that when the enemy goes full blast will run & kite behind some corner, leaving his team without healing. Sorry couldnt resist just kidding around

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    what is a full blast bs?
    t3 crafted weap, full force accessories, 3 points rampage-3 points mutilation-3 points companion spirit-no green manifestations build.
    this is the top pvp dmg build.

i miss the t3 crafted for myself tho

Quote Originally Posted by Vasylyos View Post
    Full blast bs is one that when the enemy goes full blast will run & kite behind some corner, leaving his team without healing. Sorry couldnt resist just kidding around
    this is common to BSs with normal Iron Hide or Booming Roar builds. most people kiting method is to sloppy these days. Most of the kiters run like headless chickens anyways despite the build.
    Last edited by Kazour; 11th January 2017 at 09:52.

yeah like I mentioned in this post?

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...=1#post2149241 - 3/3/3 might be better.

what do you mean, team scenario?

actually, the damage in the spec, is like you say, surprisingly scary and unmatched, vasylyos should try it! I liked to call it the troll spec and for pugs it's a laugh 100%. bear shaman isn't hurt much by the loss of endfeats, which is why I played general a bit lately too.

for premades... I think you need either general for instant big, or stonehide (or iron hide) though you could find a way around it. Im not opposed to it, but you need a very solid player to make use of a full blast bear (lol, it's a a thing now), and a team where you can't be focused so easily also avoiding aoe clusters, which is very often the theme in premades (there a bear can struggle, but if there was a way around it...)

some kind of team setup to spread enemy team apart, making their aoes less effective, the pom and tos too!
    Last edited by Lurvi; 11th January 2017 at 12:15.

yeah like I mentioned in this post?

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...=1#post2149241 - 3/3/3 might be better.

what do you mean, team scenario?

actually, the damage in the spec, is like you say, surprisingly scary and unmatched, vasylyos should try it! I liked to call it the troll spec and for pugs it's a laugh 100%. bear shaman isn't hurt much by the loss of endfeats, which is why I played general a bit lately too.

for premades... I think you need either general for instant big, or stonehide (or iron hide) though you could find a way around it. Im not opposed to it, but you need a very solid player to make use of a full blast bear (lol, it's a a thing now), and a team where you can't be focused so easily also avoiding aoe clusters, which is very often the theme in premades (there a bear can struggle, but if there was a way around it...)

some kind of team setup to spread enemy team apart, making their aoes less effective, the pom and tos too!
    This build u post is actually troll. :P u gimp your output dmg with Scarred/Poisoned hide, forest manifest and Ursine Spirit. When u go full dmg u need the most of it. as for the end feats 3/3/3 is better proc chance over all.

As for the team senerios, i don't know if premades are still a thing in AoC, but if there are and people play them then yes Iron Hide vs melee team setups and Booming Roar vs magic team setups could be more usefull.

I'm back to the game after 3 years so i don't know if people do premades regularly ^^

yeah poisonous hide is not the best, though it is a minor source of damage. I as doing bs vs. bs duels at the time I made that one, and over time as a duel goes on I think the mini dot made sense with the mini armor increase aswell. you're right, it's probably not too good for normal use where 12% dot boost will surpass a poisonous hide without constant uptime. with that said, it was not as troll as you think... I played it 2 points companion, and it was up very often, 4/5 mutilation has nice payoff aswell. but 3 points companion for minis probably better!

you're calling forest + ursine spirit a gimping in damage...? where else are you gonna put those points? there is no damage to gain off those points. ether theft?

forest is a damage feat, for the group aswell... I thought you meant rune of regrowth when you said green manifestation o.o
    Last edited by Lurvi; 11th January 2017 at 13:59.

yeah poisonous hide is not the best, though it is a minor source of damage. I as doing bs vs. bs duels at the time I made that one, and over time as a duel goes on I think the mini dot made sense with the mini armor increase aswell. you're right, it's probably not too good for normal use where 12% dot boost will surpass a poisonous hide without constant uptime. with that said, it was not as troll as you think... I played it 2 points companion, and it was up very often, 4/5 mutilation has nice payoff aswell. but 3 points companion for minis probably better!

you're calling forest + ursine spirit a gimping in damage...? where else are you gonna put those points? there is no damage to gain off those points. ether theft?

forest is a damage feat, for the group aswell... I thought you meant rune of regrowth when you said green manifestation o.o
    maybe i don't understand how the physical wrack works. i think that 4500 armor reduction from feral blow and the pet plus slaughter plus precise strike AA it's around 5500 armor ignore almost instant. for most classes it's below 0 armor.

as for ursine spirit i put the point to ether theft fully feated. it's a very nice dmg and fast combo plus the stamina mana burn works very well against DTs and HoXs combined with manifest of winter fully feated.
    Last edited by Kazour; 11th January 2017 at 15:16.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast