Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New loyalty rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Radicaltop View Post
    This is a scandal ... I'm sure there are at least a few players that have not re-subscribed after noticing no new 180 day Loyalty Reward was announced or delivered, if not more than a few.
    They're likely crossing their fingers that no one will notice. Problem is, many people I know hey attention to this kind of stuff. You're seriously underestimating the player base if they think this is just gonna go away. My $.02 .

Let's think of what could actually be done. You think someone's going to demand a refund? Good luck getting that! And if someone threatened legal action ~ they know those kind of threats are laughable. But good luck to anyone who tries.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    They're likely crossing their fingers that no one will notice. Problem is, many people I know pay attention to this kind of stuff. You're seriously underestimating the player base if they think this is just gonna go away. My $.02 .

Let's think of what could actually be done. You think someone's going to demand a refund? Good luck getting that! And if someone threatened legal action ~ they know those kind of threats are laughable. But good luck to anyone who tries.
    I just submitted a ticket to Funcom Customer Service:

"Where is the 180 day Loyalty Reward for Age of Conan Members? The last reward (a cold flame nightmare steed) was distributed to subscribers late January 2017, so a new 180 day reward should have been issued in early July 2017 and it is now early September 2017. This is a breach of the terms of the Membership subscription. There has been no announcement from Funcom regarding this delay to the Age of Conan player community.

http://www.ageofconan.com/membership"

Someone can submit a complaint to the Better Business Bureau (BBB) in North Carolina and several people have recently: https://www.bbb.org/raleigh-durham/b...rtp-nc-3001204

I will call Funcom NC on Monday morning and see if I can speak to someone about this concern. If not, I will file a complaint with the BBB which should produce a response.
    Guild 'House Jade Asp' - PvE server

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    Considering they are supposed to appear every 180 days. The first picture I have with the latest loyalty reward (burning horse) is 24th of January 2017. 180 days af ter 24th would be 3rd of July, I don't think we will get any more loyalty rewards.
    Yes, the Cold Flame Nightmare mount was added on January 24th, 2017 as Loyalty Reward and this is documented on AOC's website: https://forums.ageofconan.com/showth...-Rewards-added!

Here is the response I received from Funcom Customer Support Sunday afternoon via e-mail, "Hello!

Thank you for contacting Funcom Customer Support!

I'm sorry, but we do not have any information about upcoming developments for AOC loyalty rewards. That being said, we will definitely be forwarding this ticket as feedback to the dev team. My apologies that there's not more I can do to assist you right now.

If there’s anything else we can do for you, please don’t hesitate to let us know.

Have a good one!"

So I am going to reach out to Funcom NC tomorrow morning.

I called the North Carolina BBB this morning and they encouraged me to file a formal complaint after explaining the situation and how many customers were affected. Here is what I submitted on the BBB's website for processing and a response by Funcom:

"I have an active subscription for Funcom's MMO video game Age of Conan, which is set to expire in June 2018. I prepaid for this membership some time ago and have been a continuous subscriber to Age of Conan without interruption for several years.

All active subscribers (Members) receive a Loyalty Reward every 180 days as part of the paid subscription. This feature of the Membership program is advertised on the Age of Conan website.

http://www.ageofconan.com/news/newmembership

http://www.ageofconan.com/membership

From the website's text, "You gain Loyalty Rewards the longer you have an active membership. Loyalty Rewards include pets, mounts, social armor, & more. New Loyalty Rewards will be added every 180 days."

The most recent Loyalty Reward items (a mount and a free character slot) were offered to Members on January 24th, 2017. See player forums here for the notice to Members regarding the January 2017 period rewards:

https://forums.ageofconan.com/showth...-Rewards-added

No further Loyalty Rewards have been announced since that time. The next Loyalty Reward should have been announced by early July 2017, consistent with the 180 day reward cycle.

A thread from the player community was started on the official forums concerning this breach of the Membership agreement and Funcom's Community Managers have offered no response; only the forum moderator responded and stated that there is no answer from Funcom:

https://forums.ageofconan.com/showth...oyalty-rewards

I opened a Customer Service ticket with Funcom support and they replied on September 10th, 2017 with the following message:

"Hello!

Thank you for contacting Funcom Customer Support!

I'm sorry, but we do not have any information about upcoming developments for AOC loyalty rewards. That being said, we will definitely be forwarding this ticket as feedback to the dev team. My apologies that there's not more I can do to assist you right now.

If there's anything else we can do for you, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Have a good one!"

So Funcom is essentially ignoring their player community for Age of Conan, even though Loyalty Rewards are guaranteed as part of a Membership subscription. This issue not only affects me, but also affects everyone worldwide with a paid subscription to the game. I extended my paid subscription with the expectation of receiving Loyalty Rewards and now none are being offered with no response concerning when this problem will be ameliorated in the near future.

The resolution I am seeking for the entire community of paid subscribers is a Loyalty Reward offered by the end of this month, September 2017. This would be followed by a Loyalty Reward for subscribers in December 2017, consistent with the 180 day reward cycle if it had not been interrupted."

Wow, I can't believe you are going thru all this trouble over a stupid loyalty award in a dead game. Let it go, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    Wow, I can't believe you are going thru all this trouble over a stupid loyalty award in a dead game. Let it go, man.
    The phone call and the filing online took about 30 minutes. I thought I should do this for the community and I am also irritated with Funcom right now.

Yeah it's not like this is the first time they promised something that they didn't deliver xD

Anyone else remember what they said about the new and extremely high item shop prices? The new prices were so high due to new membership prices and rewards you would get for subscriptions... yeah... that was like how long ago? More than one and a half year? And sub prices are still the same while item shop prices went up for like 500% on some items

In his defense, it's probably not the loyalty reward. That's just the straw that broke the camels back. Years of broken promises has pushed him over the edge. The poor guy can't even get a cosmetic item or a 20th character slot.

But you're right, the healthy thing to do is just accept the game for what it is and understand that its best days are behind it.
    Retired / 2010-2016

he is right. It is not a matter of some stupid cosmetic stuffs (we are in a virtual world, so also the power is just virtual cosmetics), at some point, it becomes a struggle of principle, start screaming their rights until they get either, or the other part surrenders and explicitly says what we already know; we take the money but we do not work anymore on aoc.
    I want to hear one or the other but I want to hear something; i am bored to "live" in this limbo. If Funcom was dishonest in dealing with us, veteran and paying players, I want Funcom honest at least once, in the end, admitting that the game is abandoned and they no longer care about it and us!
    we aoc players, we loved this game so much, to have become too not fussy, getting to go for good and want more things as asking for UC if was not possible createn really new content (nothing more than recycled content)
    Mate you do well in fight until the end, i am with you!!!
    Last edited by zujilin; 11th September 2017 at 14:18.
    Victory or Death

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast