Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unlocked my Barbarian and Uh Oh.

Default Unlocked my Barbarian and Uh Oh.

Purchased a new character slot the other day and unlocked my Barbarian yesterday. Guy is only level 16 and in Tortage.
    Lucky he wasn't deleted. Logged in and... Whoa! "He's naked!" except for a piece of cloth around his waist. Won't do.
    Have my main send him some silver coin. Okay, send him some silver coin again only get his name right on the post.
    Good. Now buy some clothes. Check inventory and bank. Everything empty. No quest either. Wait... the Quest inventory
    is empty too. No PHOENIX MEDALLION!!! How am I going to finish destiny quests without that. Walk past the front
    gate of Tortage and suddenly a Red Hand Guard tosses me out into the jungle because I am a slave. What the hell.
    I can't do the quest to remove my shackles. At level 16 I have already done all that. Gate won't respond so I wait for
    a player to go in or out. Right, the gates open. Try again. Grabbed by the same guard and tossed out. Nice.
    Talk to the quest giver, Lasagne (that's what we call him) outside the gate. He has a number of quest for me, but I
    can not get the one to visit the Old Seer because I DON'T HAVE A PHOENIX MEDALLION to give her when I get there.

I can still get into Tortage through the Underhalls. It's not too much trouble as the Barb is high enough level and
    has the Epic level 5 2H axe from the Tortage Starter Pack to cut a path of destruction through to the docks.
    "Hi Claudio. What's that you got up your hiding place for me?" The patrolling guards ignore me, but if I go near the
    gate I am tossed out again.

So should I petition this? Or just start over with a new Barb since he is such low level? Anyone else unlock a
    character and have this problem?
    Last edited by Tihsymtae; 21st December 2016 at 01:53.

Never had this, but probably this can be petitioned.

I would make a fresh character though - this one is jinxed.

I would reroll too because it seems all your quest history has been deleted which may cause a lot of issues. I liked your story though so I'd keep this char (if space allows) just for RP purposes... The civilian that got stripped of his belongings and enslaved again !
    Kaleeh PoM - Resolved Guard - Reducia Sin

Default Deleting character

Ha. Yes. Too much to drink at the Thirsty Dog Inn. Wander out into the night and get shanghaid by slavers. Wake up with amnesia. Funny but a waste of a character slot. I will delete this Barb and the Conqueror (other locked character) and start over. Found Conqueror game play to be meh.
    A friend has found his locked characters similarly stripped of items and completed quests. They are on Fury and he was going to delete them anyway. After he entered the password to confirm the deletion of a low level HOX. His level 80 Bear Shaman disappeared instead. That one he was going to keep. Petitioned and got him back with a warning that Funcom restores one character a month. So this happens.
    Last edited by Tihsymtae; 21st December 2016 at 14:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Tihsymtae View Post
    [...] After he entered the password to confirm the deletion of a low level HOX. His level 80 Bear Shaman disappeared instead. That one he was going to keep. Petitioned and got him back with a warning that Funcom restores one character a month. So this happens.
    AoC seems to have some bug when it comes to deleting characters that are locked, I never encountered it but I think I know why this keeps happening:

If you select a character (so that it appears at the screen) and then click on the skull of another character the game will delete the character that appeared on the screen not the one that you actually wanted to delete by just clicking on the skull in the list. So when deleting a character I would always firstly select the character (that it appears at the screen) and then click on the skull to delete this chosen character.

Funcom

I'd contact a GM first so we can take a look, although since the character is so low-level, rerolling isn't a bad option either. Your call!
    FuncomAndy 'Odonoptera' Benditt
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @AndyBenditt

Age of Conan Website | Social Guidelines | Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by Tihsymtae View Post
    Purchased a new character slot the other day and unlocked my Barbarian yesterday. Guy is only level 16 and in Tortage.
    Lucky he wasn't deleted. Logged in and... Whoa! "He's naked!" except for a piece of cloth around his waist. Won't do.
    Have my main send him some silver coin. Okay, send him some silver coin again only get his name right on the post.
    Good. Now buy some clothes. Check inventory and bank. Everything empty. No quest either. Wait... the Quest inventory
    is empty too. No PHOENIX MEDALLION!!! How am I going to finish destiny quests without that. Walk past the front
    gate of Tortage and suddenly a Red Hand Guard tosses me out into the jungle because I am a slave. What the hell.
    I can't do the quest to remove my shackles. At level 16 I have already done all that. Gate won't respond so I wait for
    a player to go in or out. Right, the gates open. Try again. Grabbed by the same guard and tossed out. Nice.
    Talk to the quest giver, Lasagne (that's what we call him) outside the gate. He has a number of quest for me, but I
    can not get the one to visit the Old Seer because I DON'T HAVE A PHOENIX MEDALLION to give her when I get there.

I can still get into Tortage through the Underhalls. It's not too much trouble as the Barb is high enough level and
    has the Epic level 5 2H axe from the Tortage Starter Pack to cut a path of destruction through to the docks.
    "Hi Claudio. What's that you got up your hiding place for me?" The patrolling guards ignore me, but if I go near the
    gate I am tossed out again.

So should I petition this? Or just start over with a new Barb since he is such low level? Anyone else unlock a
    character and have this problem?
    I recently came back to the game and am having the same issue. My highest is level 56 and no way I am going to re-roll the rest are range from 26 to 40s My main have some quest history but the achievement log does not match the quests. The others simpy have no quest histy and many were naked mins some coin too. I have petitioned and was told it would be escalated to someone senior but am still waiting to hear it has been a few days. AFAIK none were locked I do know there has been a merger ot few since I last gamed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zlor View Post
    My main have some quest history but the achievement log does not match the quests.
    This particular bit would be normal, you simply need to speak to the achievement NPC (there's one in each of the 3 major cities I think) and ask him to update your quest history.
    Kaleeh PoM - Resolved Guard - Reducia Sin

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by redpooo View Post
    This particular bit would be normal, you simply need to speak to the achievement NPC (there's one in each of the 3 major cities I think) and ask him to update your quest history.
    Thanks for the heads up I will look into this. I thought for some reason that was updating pvp status.

Quote Originally Posted by redpooo View Post
    Okay so this fixed the issue with my Main character. I am still having and issue with 2 others. both were naked with nothing but some coins when I returned. At first I had to unlock all the characters to play them. It was simple as highlighting in character select and then picking option to unlock then type in key phrase. Anyhow I should have waited but in my excitement I bought bundles on each not realizing they had NO QUEST HISTORY and are stuck in Tortage! Only way out seems to be through Portal token. I choose not to try the leave early option as I do not want to mess up my Destiny quest. I am hoping to restore these characters. I have been told soandso had a friend who had same problem and had to delete there was not fix. I also talked to a GM or Guide and they told me it was easy to fix and they would send the problem up through the ranks but it has been over a week and I have yet to hear from anyone. Yes this is a paid account. I need at least the option to redo the battle of tortage or restore my Destiny quest!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast