Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Running shot - unbalanced perk that has to go.

Default Running shot - unbalanced perk that has to go.

Hey,

I've survived tos 1 shot, gem era, ranger draining traps, bloody vengeance, and many more unbalanced or broken things ruining pvp experience, but among all these years there was never something as unbalanced and purely annoying as the running shot perk and the exploiting gameplay that comes along with it.

We are looking at a class that has no cooldown on bow "combos" when interrupted during animation. Add to that perk that gives you 100% immunity to all CC in game (except snare) when using penetrating shot "combo". What you get is rangers happily hopping around starting penetrating shot combo just to interrupt it 0.1 sec later to avoid any potential incoming CC. And the cherry on top - running shot takes only 1 perk slot...

Is this really what we want in pvp? We have put up with this nonsense long enough Funcom. Please fix this.

Yep this exploit realy needs to be fixed.
    Raised in Kheshatta.

This + decap , atg . No idea who designed that but it must have been a major troll
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Quote Originally Posted by slackjoint View Post
    This + decap , atg . No idea who designed that but it must have been a major troll
    u re talking about noob friendly abs, but the topic is about the exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by -Hyen- View Post
    u re talking about noob friendly abs, but the topic is about the exploit.
    There is never a bad moment for bringing it up
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Hi this has been brought this up along with a bunch of other items. No response from Funcom as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by sanagav View Post

10) RANGER

a. Running shot - make penetrating shot a combo so it will go on cooldown if its started but the combo is not used or change it to what I think was the original design (Ursine Bond). It is way too strong for a silver perk at the moment. If you won't change this then make it a gold perk so deadly draw can't be used.
    b. Mezz shot -- reduce to 5 second stun. 10 seconds is way too long.
    c. Remove the +5 distance from items. Their range is too far a class with that much mobility. It promotes cowardly group play by sitting at max range and running away.
    Original post is here.

http://forums-tl.ageofconan.com/show...ding-PVP-items

Sorry but no as it could severely impact solo pve whereas ranger is already one of the most tiedous class to play with optimal efficency in that regard (or revert deadly draw damage to it's original form).

-change stormfield to be a random proc ability because a lightning aura would fit better this way.
    -exchange hellfirebreath and wave of flame mechanics between hox and demo because they would fit better this way.
    -etc.

I can imagine when this perk was being designed it was intended to work like the Urise Bond (Bear Shamen perk), where you are immune to CC's AFTER you fully cast Ursine Crush.

I mean, but what do I know about pvp.
    The Floyd Mayweather of AoC. BIG BALLER BRAND

- Aaids - Dreadsix - Caitlnjenner - Afrojacksin - Ellooell - Etchasketch -

So my dear Funcom developer(s), are you going to spare at least 10 minutes to look at this issue and how it is affecting pvp? We all know you never cared much about pvp community, but at least take a look. I beg you.
    Last edited by Hikkimori; 31st August 2017 at 00:40.

Working as intended.
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast