Thread: Barbarian stealth

Default Barbarian stealth

Hi!

Im a new player who started a barbarian because of... Conan?...
    Just kidding. I started because I was intrigued by the idea of a rogue class who does not uses puny daggers instead uses two-handed weapons.

But so far stealth is quite underwhelming. No sneak attacks as far as I could google just the basic directional attacks. Mobs with lover level than me can spot easily, same lvl mobs can see me really far though I keep my sneaking skill max all the time.

My question is: will stealth be useful on higher levels for barbarians? So far it seems I play conqueror with light armor.

Thank you!

Hide is only useful to not be noticed by enemies a bit closer, but don't expect to do stealth kills in PvE. It's mostly useful in PvP. Even sin, who has a proper stealth attack with a lot of damage, cannot really make use of it in PvE because mobs detect you when you approach. This is not Assassin's Creed or Skyrim.

Quote Originally Posted by Cormarc View Post
    Hi!

Im a new player who started a barbarian because of... Conan?...
    Just kidding. I started because I was intrigued by the idea of a rogue class who does not uses puny daggers instead uses two-handed weapons.

But so far stealth is quite underwhelming. No sneak attacks as far as I could google just the basic directional attacks. Mobs with lover level than me can spot easily, same lvl mobs can see me really far though I keep my sneaking skill max all the time.

My question is: will stealth be useful on higher levels for barbarians? So far it seems I play conqueror with light armor.

Thank you!
    You need to learn to be stealthy - that means hiding in dark areas , shadows etc. There is a Crystal under the round mini-map, that shows how well can you hide - if it remains black, chances are very good, white - no chance at all. Note changes in crystal when you move around in shadow of buildings. Also rogues need skulking skill to move fast and without energy limits while hiding.
    Last edited by Dimchik; 9th December 2016 at 08:42.

Im gonna practice, thank you for your answers. It makes sense now.

Guess it must be play style but I find stealth very helpful across all characters, not just rogues. I recently did the FotD quest to kill all the undead bosses; it's a group quest but I solo'd it on my BS using stealth. I went into hide and walked the perimeter bypassing all the undead trash mobs and just killed the target bosses. Makes it a lot easier than slogging through all the trash.

Another case in point - I really like the TT faction Tiger mount so I've done that faction grind on many different characters. The quest to gather flesh you need to kill the boss at the top of the tower in CP. Instead of slogging through all the trash mobs with the moon children in the lower areas of the tower; I wait till dark and stealth my way to the top of the tower to just kill the boss. I can then pick and choose which regular mobs I want to kill for the rest of the flesh - it also crosses over to the gathering quest where you need to kill on the battlefield. Of course it isn't full-proof and I do get spotted on occasion, but it's faster than trying to clear the tower.