Thread: Hi

Default Hi

I'm just downloading the game,and wanted to ask if the game is still active or not.
    And do you have any advice?I'm completely new at this game.What class should i pick for example?

Thanks

It's definitely active, you'll see for yourself soon in Tortage, the starter area.
    Make sure you choose Crom server for PvE and Fury if you're more focused on hardcore PvP.
    But most people are on Crom and that's what I recommend.
    Starter class is difficult to pinpoint, since I don't know your preferences.
    There are 4 archetypes (mage, healer, soldier and rogues) with 3 classes o f each. Race will matter in regard to which class you want.
    A few classes feel really unique to this game, like a melee healer (Bear Shaman) and melee mage (Herald of Xotli).
    All in all, for a fun intro I suggest a melee class, since the melee combat system is one thing that sets AoC apart from most MMOs, and has some great fatalities etc.

Have fun!

Try a barbarian. It's easy to play while levelling up and in endgame it's really good dps, both single target and AoE.

Bear shaman requires some micromanagement, but its easier to find groups and raids and they have the best fatality ever: at lvl 80 hit someone in the lower parts with a 2H blunt stick and pull their little heads off when they bend over in agony.

Finestkind

When you get into the game you'll start in the solo starter area and once you finish that you'll move to the MMO section of Tortage.

I mention this because the solo area is a great place to try out the different classes. DON'T be afraid to delete a character and replay the area. We're only talking maybe 30 min of time for the solo area, so replaying it with a different class isn't a big issue. Better to find out you don't like a class in the solo area where it's not a great loss to restart than down the road.

For me I found the Dark Templar to be a pretty rough and ready class, able to take some nice damage and dish it out. My main is a Ranger, lighter armor so you have to think out your attacks more, but he's been fun.

Enjoy the game and don't be afraid to use the New Player Help (NPH) change to ask for advice.

Hi again
    I've got 3 questions:
    -What is that mastery xp good for what i get from login rewards?
    -Is it possible to disable animations what my character sometimes does when I kill an enemy?Like cutting his head down
    -What is that red flash when I end a conversation with an npc?

Quote Originally Posted by Ereghard View Post
    Hi again
    I've got 3 questions:
    -What is that mastery xp good for what i get from login rewards?
    -Is it possible to disable animations what my character sometimes does when I kill an enemy?Like cutting his head down
    -What is that red flash when I end a conversation with an npc?
    1. Mastery EXP are for the Alternate Advancement tree, press K to open it (it's made up of 3 layers, first layer becomes active at level 20, second and third layer at level 80)
    2. I think you can disable them, it's somewhere in the settings und menu options -> content for adult people or something like that, there is a checkbox where you can disable fatalities as far as I know
    3. I don't know which class you play but some buffs will become inactive when talking to a NPC and become active again when ending the conservation (basically showing the same effect as if you would activate certain buffs again, like frenzy / defensive stance for soldiers)

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    1. Mastery EXP are for the Alternate Advancement tree, press K to open it (it's made up of 3 layers, first layer becomes active at level 20, second and third layer at level 80)
    2. I think you can disable them, it's somewhere in the settings und menu options -> content for adult people or something like that, there is a checkbox where you can disable fatalities as far as I know
    3. I don't know which class you play but some buffs will become inactive when talking to a NPC and become active again when ending the conservation (basically showing the same effect as if you would activate certain buffs again, like frenzy / defensive stance for soldiers)
    ah yeah,i think its the barbarian stance which has that effect
    thanks