Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Summoning the Lurker at the Treshold

Default Summoning the Lurker at the Treshold

So we decided to start playing with this guy and had our first try just yesterday,
    but we were stuck in the summoning ritual at the altar...

I know the Atlantean Language and the order in which to click the Scriptures at where the Scholar is standing, but we failed already on the second scripture, always!

There is a 20sec cooldown after clicking one scripture before the next one can be activated, but the scholar does say his sentences much faster than this

We did not have our Queen's Dress wearing toon with us yesterday, so we only wanted to practise this first part - as far as my info concerning Lurker covers this, that toon only is needed at the very end to click on the portal for starting the fight, i.e. after the scripture/emote part?

What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by tommygr View Post
    That's what we tried - the Cynara how-to seems missing something, as it does not work that way!

What is not clear:
    When the Scholar says something, and the corresponding scripture/emote is correctly done, he will /clap his hands and say his next sentence rather soon with e.g. only one second or two delay - but the scriptures/emotes are still on cooldown and just cannot be clicked/done that quickly!
    Can the next sentence be skipped and done in his next rotation (i.e. first rotation: do 1st and 3rd, next rotation: do 2nd and 4th)? Or does this ritual need to be finished in just one rotation?

I assume it needs to be done in one rotation as we always either got the Scholar to do the /rude emote as an inidication of an incorrect reply when we tried to do it in sequence, or we never got the book to spawn when we did not do it in sequence...

Anyone has any ideas?
    Last edited by Yorgomir; 29th November 2016 at 15:16.

wait for the npc to say the 1st sentence, then clic the scripture and do the emote.
    do this 4 times to light the candles.

also i think i have always seen the person with the dress do the emotes near the altar.

edit2: not sure if you do emotes ans clics at the same time or one then the other
    Last edited by Cappa; 29th November 2016 at 16:56.
    Hungry Bear.
    Chamacappa - Happyshamie - Sekmheth - Oyako - Nexoxcho - and an other dozen of cripples !

Quote Originally Posted by Cappa View Post
    wait for the npc to say the 1st sentence, then clic the scripture and do the emote.
    do this 4 times to light the candles.
    Sorry if I need to repeat this all over again, seems I am hard to understand - this is not possible!

We can manage to correctly reply on his 1st sentence - but when he speaks his 2nd sentence, the emotes/scriptures are still on cooldown!

Just try it for yourself, you don't need all that ritual for this simple test:
    whenever you clicked on any of the scriptures and the according text is shown on the screen,
    there is a 20sec cooldown - you can click as fast and many times as you want, but the next text only is shown after those 20sec timeout expired!

How to deal with this?

Btw: we did manage to get the candles and those also were lit
    - but we never got to see that damn book

We also got the Ritual Blessing buff; but always the bad orange one, never the good yellow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cappa View Post
    also i think i have always seen the person with the dress do the emotes near the altar.
    Certainly not, unless FC changed something ;-)
    I used to do the emotes near the altar while Corteez was wearing the dress waiting at the "heavenly" door.

Cheers Euklid

Quote Originally Posted by Euklid View Post
    I used to do the emotes near the altar
    Do you recall, how you did them?
    As fast as the Scholar said his sentences or you just needed to do all four without any time limit?

I meanwhile have read that the dress wearing toon needs to initially click the portal _before_ the emotes are started, can you confirm this?

You should get an onscreen text after which do you the corresponding emote. I do remember though that sometimes it bugs and all texts/emotes have to be done again.

Cheers Euklid

Quote Originally Posted by Euklid View Post
    You should get an onscreen text after which do you the corresponding emote. I do remember though that sometimes it bugs and all texts/emotes have to be done again.

Cheers Euklid
    Yes, we did see those OSD messages - all I'm saying is, that we could not do the emotes as fast as those messages were coming (20sec cooldown on both, emotes and scriptures)!

I'm just wondering, how this is possible, or what we were missing :-(

i never had a cooldown problem with the tablets, i went there today and yes, there is something wrong there . . . unless activation the 1st parts of the ritual remove it, it will be about impossible =(
    Hungry Bear.
    Chamacappa - Happyshamie - Sekmheth - Oyako - Nexoxcho - and an other dozen of cripples !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast