Thread: Winter's Solstice event

Default Winter's Solstice event

Is this planned for this year? I wouldn't mind going for the funky old hat that used to be a reward for this. Can you put gilding tokens in as a reward as well? Seems to be a theme anyway for the seasonal events.

Plus, completely out there, should it come to pass this event does happen, could have have something relevant to those of us who have summer for Christmas? Maybe a seriously drunk sand-demon wearing DT's (dick togs....swimming undies) called 'Uncle Baz' wandering the frozen wastes looking for his prawns and spouting ridiculous stuff like
    - 'women these days...'
    - 'the price of oil, I swear!'.
    - A quest to find his lost thong/jandal/whatever South African's call thongs

Ask Joel, he's 'strayan (Australian).

I'm not exactly partial to a white Christmas myself. Stuck inside with your family? Woohoo. Yay.....that's why cricket's so much more fun.

My guess is that we will get a Winter Solstice event this year too - with exactly the same quests and rewards as we had last year.
    I very much doubt they have created anything new for this year - but would be glad to be proven wrong on this point.

Didnt even know it was running last year, or the year before that.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

It was running in July. Got it from the travel guy in Con. Village. Have the first 2 done and am waiting for winter to roll around to do the group part of it and finish it.

Hmmm. I was under the impression that the winter solstice event was removed when they added the world boss in December of 2013. I have a toon or two that has the winter solstice group quest to do, and I'll see Manon the Conarch caravaneer offer to take those toons to the festival grounds, but I've missed seeing anyone that gives the quest. Who has it?

I still have it on some of my toons...and I think it was running the last time in December 2014. Because in spring 2015 the Achievement System went online, and with it came the changes to drinking and getting drunk. And from that time on we were no longer able to solve the "getting drunk with friends" part of the last quest.

Edit says, perhaps you are right with 2013...

Quote Originally Posted by Amabala View Post
    Hmmm. I was under the impression that the winter solstice event was removed when they added the world boss in December of 2013. I have a toon or two that has the winter solstice group quest to do, and I'll see Manon the Conarch caravaneer offer to take those toons to the festival grounds, but I've missed seeing anyone that gives the quest. Who has it?
    I >>think<< it was a /claimnable object; the mug, that started it off.

You can still complete the quest, but you can't obtain it any more because of that object. I'm still stuck on the group part myself on toons that never got to finish it form the first time it came round.

Still, it would be nice to do it again as part of the the whole seasonal events thing. Touch it up, and give us head-walkers something 'summery'. And I dont mean a bloody headwreath!