Thread: PvP Tier 2 Armor on Sale

Default PvP Tier 2 Armor on Sale

I am fairly new to PvP as I have spent most of my time in AOC doing PvE on Crom. I am Rank 1 in PvP, halfway (54%) to Rank 2. My main character is a Conq and I am running a Carnage build with dual weapons (swords).

I have the Store Tier 3 Raid Armor (The Victorious Elite) that I bought when the Raid Finder was released. I am considering purchasing the Tier 2 PvP armor set from the Store, now that it is 25% off this weekend.

Is the Tier 2 PvP armor from the Store that much better for a Conq in PvP than the Tier 3 Raid Armor? Please give me your opinions with an explanation.
    Last edited by Radicaltop; 27th November 2016 at 03:39.
    Guild 'House Jade Asp' - PvE server

yes pvp tier 2 set will be a big improvement because of the protection stats which is realy needed for pvp.

However getting to pvp rank 4 goes prety fast and then u can buy tier 1 pvp set which is 95% as good as the tier 2 one.

If u decide to safe the money then I realy recommend putting points into protection from general tree, in fact I recommend it no matter what gear u have but its especially needed if u dont wear pvp gear.
    Last edited by Tyyr; 27th November 2016 at 04:08.
    Raised in Kheshatta.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyyr View Post
    yes pvp tier 2 set will be a big improvement because of the protection stats which is realy needed for pvp.

However getting to pvp rank 4 goes prety fast and then u can buy tier 1 pvp set which is 95% as good as the tier 2 one.

If u decide to safe the money then I realy recommend putting points into protection from general tree, in fact I recommend it no matter what gear u have but its especially needed if u dont wear pvp gear.
    How do I reset all of the Points I put into Carnage? I never put anything in General for my Specialization, so I need to start over and allocate Points to both Carnage and General for a more balanced build. I can't seem to find a discussion of this online (checking the in game source book now...)

Quote Originally Posted by Radicaltop View Post
    How do I reset all of the Points I put into Carnage? I never put anything in General for my Specialization, so I need to start over and allocate Points to both Carnage and General for a more balanced build. I can't seem to find a discussion of this online (checking the in game source book now...)
    I found Minerva in front of the Temple to Mitra in Old Tarantia (a Guildie told me). Nevermind.

I bought the Tier 2 PvP armor, but it looks like no one is doing mini games on a Saturday night.

there was just a Lost temple going on atm but it might be the last one, minigames usually die around this time
    Raised in Kheshatta.

Not sure it is a good idea for a new player to go right to the mini because you will be farmed there and hardly trashtalked. If you dont even know how to reset your feats the best way for you is to find someone for duels and learn how to fight in this game.
    Last edited by Jerohn; 27th November 2016 at 06:01.

The PvP set will go a long way to lessen the amount of dying you'll be doing in a mini.
    But until you've gotten the grasp of mini and pvp mechanics, it's still probably going to be a rough start.

I'd second Jerohn and look up some Carnage PvPers for tips, tricks and practice, which might again lessen the amount of dying you will do in the start.
    Khemi. Picture Hell on the cheap then add more whores

Try this spec for pvp: https://goo.gl/SnxJAa
    Use assault / breakthrough AA or battlefield commander if u dont have the former.
    Also cromatic warding is very nice in some minigames if u are facing alot of magic using enemies.
    After some time u can remove the points in armor and put them into more weapon dmg if u like but now in the start u gonna need all the survivabilty u can get.
    Raised in Kheshatta.

Apart from what has been said, conq T3 armor is useless. Only good armor from T3 is Black Dragon for conq and DT. Guard T3 armor has the same stats as Black Dragon, but the other 2 tanks have to buy BD. With BD you would have some protection for PvP, but, anyway, if you've bought the PvP T2 set, then nevermind. PvP armor is the only good armor for PvP, because of the Tenacity and higher protection, along with having more dps stats than any PvE armor with similar survivability.