Thread: aoc.exe does not work anymore, help please

Unhappy aoc.exe does not work anymore, help please

Hi folks,

all of the sudden aoc.exe stopped working
    when I have it activated, it not only fails to hide the Launcher, but even worse: i cannot play Age of Conan anymore
    - when I click on Start, the Launcher disappears ... only to re-appear moments later - this goes on forever, no way to start the game (excpt. for disabling aoc.exe :/)

...and when looking at the game's "Data" directory, where aoc.exe should have done its "magic" (like merging/replacing some files), it did not do anything when activated

wasn't there an option to enable debug logs or something?
    how do I do that please, I need that back working, cannot play with vanilla Conan UI anymore :/

/Yorgo

p.s.
    pressing Alt-F8 during Conan startup doesn't change anything either

p.p.s.
    my aoc.exe is file-version 1.0.0.106

Default solved

seems I got it fixed myself...

aoc.exe goes nuts if it has *.xml.add files but there is no according source file to merge this addendum into ...
    - which can easily happen if you turn-off your PC "too early" after exiting Age of Conan!
    (seems there is a bug in aoc.exe that deletes .xml files when the PC is going to be switched-off before or during the "unmerging" of those files
    - but as I don't expect any new versions of aoc.exe, please use that .add feature with care!)

better have a backup of that Waypoint directory (Data\Gui\Default\Waypoints) at hand just in case

/Yorgo

p.s.
    this only applies if you have installed my Custom Waypoints or are using those Custom UIs that come with them
    (recent versions of StrangeUI and Default UI Enhanced at least)
    - so if you don't know what I'm talking about, don't worry

Just got my compute out of repair today. I notice the file for AoC UI installer isn't on the Strange UI page. I'm not that good at editing codes but thanks for the UI support update!

Since there will not be any updates most likely, does anyone have a stable "fixed" file version?

Also, is this a common problem now or isolated with new installs or corrupted copies only?
    Main Characters
    Abanathabla - Mimisbrunnr - Nanditipha - Purohita

Quote Originally Posted by Yorgomir View Post
    seems I got it fixed myself...

aoc.exe goes nuts if it has *.xml.add files but there is no according source file to merge this addendum into ...
    - which can easily happen if you turn-off your PC "too early" after exiting Age of Conan!
    (seems there is a bug in aoc.exe that deletes .xml files when the PC is going to be switched-off before or during the "unmerging" of those files
    - but as I don't expect any new versions of aoc.exe, please use that .add feature with care!)

better have a backup of that Waypoint directory (Data\Gui\Default\Waypoints) at hand just in case

/Yorgo

p.s.
    this only applies if you have installed my Custom Waypoints or are using those Custom UIs that come with them
    (recent versions of StrangeUI and Default UI Enhanced at least)
    - so if you don't know what I'm talking about, don't worry
    So how do you fix it?
    Pogecor - PvP 10 Guardian
    Micinecka - PvP 10 Priest of Mitra
    Pichalka - PvP 10 Assassin