Thread: Factions Recommendations and LvL 80 starting gear

Default Factions Recommendations and LvL 80 starting gear

I'm fairly new to playing Barbarians and I'm hoping for suggestions on what factions to go for. Also any recommendations on what to gear my Barb in while I start to work on factions. Thanks.

Next Tuesday starts another episode of the world boss. You can gear up full t1/t2 if you have any luck farming that for a week. Just watch global and follow the crowd. You also get a chance at 3.5 gear and t3 rares/relics from the boxes.

Raid finder will give you shards, t3 relics, t4 relics, dragon tears and t3 rares possible. It takes awhile but its a way to get the relics you need for gear. And no one can decline you for 'poor gear' issues.

Look for a guild that does the things you like: lower tier raids, sixmans, etc. That way you will have a group of friends/people who hopefully know what to do with a sixman and aren't going to take two hours for a palace run or some such.

Posted t1 to t3 raids are a good way to learn to dps in a group. Preferrably have some decent gear before going to a t3 pug as most will ask for some gear and experience to do it.

Welcome

Quick gear guide:

Cloak: House of Crom
    Helmet: Ardashir Fort
    Necklace: Destiny Quest
    Rings: buy 2x Band of Energy (or similar name), level 80 crafted ring, from trader / other players. Expensive, but worth it. Will stay with you for many months or years.
    Weapons: tough to get good ones. Buy some cheap level 80 blues from the trader, then maybe try the world boss. Start raiding T3,5 when your equipment is at least half epic. Good armor, very good weapons.
    Rest: Tiger. Boots, Wrists, Legs are to be bought. Rest drops in Kithai dungeons. Blue buyable tiger equipment is worth a look. The item budget is lower, but that budget was spent on good stats at least.

Factions are not of prime importance. Some give good stuff, but the aforementioned stuff is much easier to get and has a better time/effort to benefit ratio.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBrynhild View Post
    I'm fairly new to playing Barbarians and I'm hoping for suggestions on what factions to go for. Also any recommendations on what to gear my Barb in while I start to work on factions. Thanks.
    Hyrkanians for kakaba guide, CON armor and fast horse (or go wolves for only a nice looking dog mount)

Scarlet circle for DPS cape or Last Legion for meh 2h (is not that bad but lacks of crits...)

Children of yag kosha for 1h blunt (its a good weapon) or yellow priest of yun for lame armor

Shadows of jade for DPS ring (you can also get a good ring from cang-jei milestones) or Brittle blade for prot/con rings and evasion armor(nope)

Tamarin's Tigers for best dps armor and tiger mount or scholars of cheng ho for 1he sword (is not that bad but yag kosha blunt is far better)

get into any t1,2 or 3 raid and get weapons first, farm wb a bit to get some gear, do some RF and save relics for big pieces....
    meh...