Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Guardian hate discussion

Actually the key is still how innate hate/ taunt system works.
    I only heard about two versions of it

1. Point of taunt= constant point of dps per hit
    2. Point of taunt= % chance to apply double hate on HIT damage aplied on the target

Question are:

1. How can we test taunt now when it is a random factor and every tank get it at 800 by default after patch 3.03? (What I heard is taunt only works in def stance if it helps)

2. Does hate% take effect on innate hate from taunt/innate hate bonus in combo?

3. Does taunt also apply on any damage/ hate tools/ lifetap heal from soldiers?

Seriously I got so many questions and I know it is an impossible mission....
    Henryx Guardian
    Henryau Pom
    Henryz Barb
    Henryuki Hox
    Henryn Necro
    Crom
    - Henryx Age of Conan Youtube -
    - Henryx Age of Conan Blog -

Quote Originally Posted by Anzu View Post
    Here's the new thread. If you want a more accurate name for it, you just have to ask.
    Henryx's The Great Master Guardian discussion
    Henryx Guardian
    Henryau Pom
    Henryz Barb
    Henryuki Hox
    Henryn Necro
    Crom

Quote Originally Posted by henryabccba View Post
    Actually the key is still how innate hate/ taunt system works.
    I only heard about two versions of it

1. Point of taunt= constant point of dps per hit
    2. Point of taunt= % chance to apply double hate on HIT damage aplied on the target

Question are:

1. How can we test taunt now when it is a random factor and every tank get it at 800 by default after patch 3.03? (What I heard is taunt only works in def stance if it helps)

2. Does hate% take effect on innate hate from taunt/innate hate bonus in combo?

3. Does taunt also apply on any damage/ hate tools/ lifetap heal from soldiers?

Seriously I got so many questions and I know it is an impossible mission....
    I would advise to you stop thinking about the old taunt system. And start thinking more simple, seems u overcomplicate things. Especially the way youre using bloody vengance still after the nerf. If you tailored your way of playing, trying to get as many hits as possible in, we could try that against my rotation tonight and see which one pulls the longest straw
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Quote Originally Posted by magnum92 View Post
    I would advise to you stop thinking about the old taunt system. And start thinking more simple, seems u overcomplicate things. Especially the way youre using bloody vengance still after the nerf. If you tailored your way of playing, trying to get as many hits as possible in, we could try that against my rotation tonight and see which one pulls the longest straw
    You cant test thing when you actually cannot confirm your base testing enviroment. Before you test you should test your test enviroment is equal or not, and your rotation definitely includes random factors of innate hate/taunt.
    This can only test a better rotation but still a rotation in doubt.
    Henryx Guardian
    Henryau Pom
    Henryz Barb
    Henryuki Hox
    Henryn Necro
    Crom

You cant test thing when you actually cannot confirm your base testing enviroment. Before you test you should test your test enviroment is equal or not, and your rotation definitely includes random factors of innate hate/taunt.
    This can only test a better rotation but still a rotation in doubt.
    You seem to have made your rotation based on your belief that more hits per second gives better aggro. I cant see another explanation when i look at your videos using knockback, counterstrike at magic encounters, bloody vengance (that reset your built up damagestaccs) in your rotation.

Im very certain that this playstyle cripples your aggro hard. Can we arrange a day where we test eachothers aggro on whatever mob/boss u want. Same gear same AAs, would be very fun to see how your alternative playstyle plays out.
    Last edited by magnum92; 30th October 2016 at 13:44.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Quote Originally Posted by magnum92 View Post
    You seem to have made your rotation based on your belief that more hits per second gives better aggro. I cant see another explanation when i look at your videos using knockback, counterstrike at magic encounters, bloody vengance (that reset your built up damagestaccs) in your rotation.
    Using KB usually implies I am not using both hands to play at that moment XD and I misclick a lot... it is better to finish off a combo if I misclick its starter then starting a new one.

I always use CS/DB when I feel OR dmg starting to be suck due to 3 side shield and it is really hard for me to find the shield arrows with full particle in most of the time. So I just play with my feel all the time when I lost my eyes....lol

Moreover, my feat/gear/play style is extremely defensive and I am not adjusting it due to other OP tank class, resulting in a pretty low hit rating which make me personally dislike to use OR6 cos missing a 5sec 3 step combo is very bad, so I just use CS/DB/BV to fill the gap.

Using BV or not is actually depend on your feat and situation, in some pug group I actually don't need to feat retribution/ powerhouse to hold aggro and go turtle feat mode to compensate their super low dps. Without retribution I won't expect I will get any BV stack at all, so why not use an instant combo when you don't have BV stack, dps of BV is actually quite good and isn't it a good choice to use it at start of the fight or when your hateful period remain 1or2 sec?

Just like the new SC 6man, when you know you won't get BV stack why still force yourself not to use BV? Why not land a fast BV on boss before you run away from Rapture.
    Henryx Guardian
    Henryau Pom
    Henryz Barb
    Henryuki Hox
    Henryn Necro
    Crom

Henryx's The Great Master Guardian discussion
    I'm not sure it would be more accurate
    Short cuts make long delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzu View Post
    I'm not sure it would be more accurate
    Did you just.. say Henryx isn't a great guardian?! In that case I agree with you!

+1
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

I don't get all the drama here, if you do a few PUG Flame runs you get a good idea whether you have good aggro or not?

Quote Originally Posted by letsdance View Post
    I don't get all the drama here, if you do a few PUG Flame runs you get a good idea whether you have good aggro or not?
    PUGs are so inconsistent it is hard to determine much of anything.

Most of the discussion here is between high end players trying to optimise their aggro.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast