Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All you need to know about Slithering Chaos loot.

Default All you need to know about Slithering Chaos loot.

In the new upcoming 6man dungeon in Dragon’s Spine there will be new type of gems and rings, the new gems can only be slotted into the new rings from raid finder and the slithering chaos dungeon. However there are roughly 100 different gems if not more and there are also a new system most people are not aware of. I’m going to briefly explain how it all works.

First things first.
    Three tiers of rings, rare, epic and legendary gems. Also with this update they have added two new “stats” for the rings, adaptive stat and blessings.

Adaptive stat.
    All of the Fierce Chaos Gems will display different stats depending on the class viewing them.
    Demo/Necro will see a pure magic damage increase.
    Guardian/Conq/Barb/Ranger/Assassin will see a pure combat rating increase.
    Pom/ToS will see a mix of magic damage and heal rating increase.
    BS will see a mix of combat rating and heal rating increase.
    DT/HoX will see a mix of combat rating and magic damage increase.

The “Adaptive stat” will create a new layer of being accused for ninja looting. Why would a guard need on a pure magic damage ring?! Keep that in mind if you ever encounter some fluffy unicorns out there.

Blessings.
    The blessings have up until today been a T6 exclusive weapons/necklace combination buff. With the new rings you have the opportunity to either build on with your current t6 gear or to complement it with one or two new bonuses. In total you can have a buff value of up to 8. What this means is you can have either 4 different buffs with 2 ranks in each, 2 different buffs with rank 3 and 1 buff with rank 2 or you can have 2 buffs with rank 4 in each.

List of available buffs
    Crawling Chaos - Hate Increase
    Silence Falls - Hate Decrease
    Steel Behemoth - Critigation Chance
    Black Pharaoh - Critical Damage Rating
    Manic Haze - Offhand + Tenacity incrase
    Silver Twilight - Magical Mana Tap
    Emandua - Heal Rating
    Ashur - Armor and Spell Penetration

The rare (blue) gems are bind on equip (tradeable) and is the weakest gem.
    Drops from*: First and Second Avatar
    The gem comes with three different stats focuses.
    Fierce Chaos Gem - Damage/heal rating.
    Warding Chaos Gem - 267 Armor and 47 Protection.
    Precise Chaos Gem - 27 Critical rating.

The epic gems are bind on pickup, they are identical to the rare gems except they now also have one blessing.
    Drops from*: First and Second Avatar
    Fierce Chaos Gem - Damage/heal rating + 1 blessing
    Warding Chaos Gem - 267 Armor and 47 Protection + 1 blessing
    Precise Chaos Gem - 27 Critical rating + 1 blessing

The legendary gems are as you might have guessed, the strongest one. They are stronger in both stats and amount of blessings.
    Drops from*: Third Avatar
    Fierce Chaos Gem - Damage/heal rating + 2 blessings
    Warding Chaos Gem - 400 Armor and 70 Protection + 2 blessings
    Precise Chaos Gem - 40 Critical rating + 2 blessings

And to answer everyone's question. What happens if you use Tainted Alkahest on the gems?
    It deletes the gem.

*As of testlive version from 16th of October.
    Last edited by Fass; 18th October 2016 at 10:34.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

So basically the rings with insane stats that you get from farming brain dead raidfinder become even more insane by slotting gems into them?
    Why not make pomp armor able to boost your stats too? I mean, with these rings and the new awesome overpriced item shop potions every DT will run around with like 50% crit chance and uber DPS, there would be no difference then in boosting these stats up to 100%...

Quote Originally Posted by Sinix View Post
    This is why you're 4k Fass.
    No. I'm 4k because I don't play ranked.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    So basically the rings with insane stats that you get from farming brain dead raidfinder become even more insane by slotting gems into them?
    Why not make pomp armor able to boost your stats too? I mean, with these rings and the new awesome overpriced item shop potions every DT will run around with like 50% crit chance and uber DPS, there would be no difference then in boosting these stats up to 100%...
    Thats what happens when someone with not a single clue of so many things in AoC is taking part in developing and just pushing content that destroys the game and makes 95% of the existing content meaningless.
    IVORY TOWER

Quote Originally Posted by zeuss View Post
    Thats what happens when someone with not a single clue of so many things in AoC is taking part in developing and just pushing content that destroys the game and makes 95% of the existing content meaningless.
    I am still waiting for Funcom to place the full T6 set into Saddur's pocket along with the key. That fat guy is clueless anyway, and a whole set will not make him suscpicious (that is logic of Funcom, not mine).

These gems should have lower statistics and be crafted via a combination of hard-mode raids. This is also sad inasmuch as I would never take part in Lame Finder, Pokemon Arena, or World Wuss (WB), as such participation pushes people off real raids and groups. Participation in these is similar to looking at a solution hint in an old point-and-click adventure game: you look up one hint, continue playing, get stuck, and instead of thinking, look up for more of the solutions, ending up just following a manual instead of playing the game.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 17th October 2016 at 07:53.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Well, whatever, who cares anymore? No one, there are like 100 people left in this game who still enjoy braindead farming, have fun doing that for the rest of this games existance.

Anything about Occult gems? Or should I expect to find them in my Item Shop tomorrow?
    Last edited by Texan615; 17th October 2016 at 21:24.

maybe XD
    in a lottery box, with 99% chances to get something useless !
    Last edited by Cappa; 17th October 2016 at 22:20.
    Hungry Bear.
    Chamacappa - Happyshamie - Sekmheth - Oyako - Nexoxcho - and an other dozen of cripples !

Quote Originally Posted by Cappa View Post
    maybe XD
    in a lottery box, with 99% chances to get something useless !
    Seems like the most likely possibility.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast