Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old player returning: Game still alive?

Default Old player returning: Game still alive?

hey everyone, of all the MMO's I played this is the one I loved the most with all it's lack of content on release. I want to come back, but is there really enough people to call it an MMO?

It's a lot to download so a straight answer would really help me out a lot.

Regards

-Garret

Quote Originally Posted by shadofury View Post
    hey everyone, of all the MMO's I played this is the one I loved the most with all it's lack of content on release. I want to come back, but is there really enough people to call it an MMO?
    Yes, there is.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikT View Post
    Yes, there is.
    Thanks, will check in soon.

MO instead of MMO would be more accurate
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Quote Originally Posted by slackjoint View Post
    MO instead of MMO would be more accurate
    All depends on what you compare to, but at least on Crom the number of active players seem high enough to me to warrant the MMO label.
    The first M (Massive) has more to do with the number of players you can interact with at once (basically - people on the same server) than with players in the game as a whole.

AOC is a great game, in many ways the technology was 10 years ahead of it's time. I still can't belive I use alt tabbing in brand new mmorpgs, although not all games have alt tabing, like Neverwinter and ESO although ESO is a hybrid I guess. The graphics are still good.

The main reason I don't play is that the development stopped, they've worked for 4 years releasing Dragon Spine and it's not yet finished... 4 years, for 1 zone, 3 dungeons, 1 raid. Then there's been no crafting updats for about 6-7 years? Crafting is important to me. I remember back in 2009 when the recipes had been introduced, I had a great time, buying and selling them to try to collect all, you had great motivations to do a dungeons to try and get a new one. Sadly they didn't see the importance in it.

Games like Final Fantasy has recovered and has millions of players now after 6 years. Bit hard to accept that Funcom just ditched this game and went with TSW. Just imagine what a expansion into a popular area like Nemedia with the Kings road, and maybe Xaltothun as main bad guy could do for AOC.

Yes it is well worth playing, i have just currently returned and am happy to see plenty of activity

Just returned after many years myself and really enjoying it. Crom is almost too packed. :-)
    Feels like back in 2008-2009, with the exception that the game is running alot smoother and has more content.
    I wonder how things would have unfolded if AoC had launched in this state?

Funcom should really get their focus on creating more content for this game again.
    Plenty of folks wanting to enjoy a MMO in Howard's grim world, it really stands out against other MMOs in the very mature setting.

I understand that Conan Exiles gets all the resources currently, and I hope it does well, but I don't think it's really gonna compete with AoC, being the survival game that it is.
    After the initial rush I hope FC also divides some of that focus (and newfound financial resources) towards expanding Hyboria in this game.
    Fingers crossed.

There are enough people to play with and have a good time regardless of your playstyle. On Crom you will find a large number of active players, on fury the population is considerably less but more oriented to a pvp focus. Its free to play so what do you have to lose by checking it out?
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

Quote Originally Posted by letsdance View Post
    Games like Final Fantasy has recovered and has millions of players now after 6 years.
    You say it like it's a good thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast