Thread: Can't log in...

Default Can't log in...

I keep trying to log in and I can get to character select. When I pick a character to play and try to log him in I keep getting an "unable to connect to the character server" message.
    Hrulfr - Bear Shaman of Crom

Quote Originally Posted by Hrulfr View Post
    I keep trying to log in and I can get to character select. When I pick a character to play and try to log him in I keep getting an "unable to connect to the character server" message.
    Have the same problems sometimes, here is what funcom replied:

Greetings,

We received your email regarding connectivity issues. The servers are up at this time, with no reported connectivity problems.

For general connectivity problems, you can try temporarily disabling your antivirus or firewall software, or bypassing your router by connecting your Internet connection directly to your computer. These steps may help diagnose potential problems.

Additionally, please close any background programs that may be running (things like Daemon Tools, software updaters, search toolbars, peer-to-peer downloaders, etc.), especially any software that may use your internet connection or try to 'phone home' periodically. Ultimately you may need to contact your ISP, especially if your connection problems are worse during primetime hours for your region.

Age of Conan requires access to the following ports:

TCP: 7000-7999
    UDP: 6881-6889

These can be blocked in your router, firewall, or at your ISP or University.

Please note that we cannot guarantee full connectivity to the game with 'cellular' or satellite broadband.