Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When will fc understand?!

Default When will fc understand?!

When will fc understand that a sucsessfull game isnt sucsessfull over night. Fc has made all this awesome games over and over, spending huge amount of money.

Every game is very good games. But the way the game is developed over the years is just horrific. I belive the subs in aoc pay for new games and not improving aoc itself. Thats sad, because we love aoc, aoc is great and if fc wouldn't just stop care about their games, players would not be annoyed and stop playing.

This is not just hurtful for the game itself. The company have gotten a really bad reputation.

When i see a game from fc now i dont want to get involved with it, because of the way fc threats the games they have developed.

When is this going to change fc?? When will you learn??
    Every player in aoc love the game and hate the developer. How's that gonna help you in the future?

again with this threads?
    i understand your feelings man but a post in the forums wont change anything, and worse, now you have given an even worse look at the company...
    there ar eplenty of things that needs to be adressed but content is something that wont come soon and you all better accept that, the game has already tons of things to do, sadly most of them skiped by easy stuff like the WB and RF...

thats the reallity and you as customer has the freedom to play another game, but i know what you think, you love AoC, i like it too, better than anything else, and thats why im still here, playing...
    meh...

I think being constructive would be more helpful. Negativity breeds negativity. also to offer suggestions you should post ideas to the test live forums. the devs tend to spend more time reading those posts. We all feel your pain but either grin and bear it or move on.
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

Funcom dosen't have the money to do anything to AOC. That's the harsh reality. They could probably have created Conan Exiles as a Expansion to AoC instead of a stand alone UE client. But the AOC expansion would probably have sold less than 20k copies while a stand alone game can sell 200k+ maybe even a million copies. Funcom got a cash injection earlier this year, they didn't get that injection to make a AOC expansion, but a stand alone game.

I belive TSW ruined AoC. In 2011 Funcom released many updates to AoC, loads of dungeons and a new zone/adventurepack. Then TSW was about to fail, and they extended the release date. All AOC devs where taken and put to work on TSW, which ment that almost no content were released in 2012, Dragonspine got released early 2013, but had almost no content in it compared to Turan. They've so far not recovered.

Quote Originally Posted by letsdance View Post
    Funcom dosen't have the money to do anything to AOC. That's the harsh reality. They could probably have created Conan Exiles as a Expansion to AoC instead of a stand alone UE client. But the AOC expansion would probably have sold less than 20k copies while a stand alone game can sell 200k+ maybe even a million copies. Funcom got a cash injection earlier this year, they didn't get that injection to make a AOC expansion, but a stand alone game.

I belive TSW ruined AoC. In 2011 Funcom released many updates to AoC, loads of dungeons and a new zone/adventurepack. Then TSW was about to fail, and they extended the release date. All AOC devs where taken and put to work on TSW, which ment that almost no content were released in 2012, Dragonspine got released early 2013, but had almost no content in it compared to Turan. They've so far not recovered.
    I agree with you 100%, since they took aoc devs away to TSW it was the reason why aoc is so weak now

Quote Originally Posted by letsdance View Post

Please stop the "poor funcom" argument. If they have no money to work on existing MMOs, then they should not have money to make a new proper game either. This is only valid, if funcom had no say on how to invest the money they got loaned/gifted. Otherwise it IS a matter of priorities.

I agree with TSW, but it was not the game that ruined it, it was the marketing and management. TSW looks like a good and solid game with its own niche (and is still viewed as a hidden flawed jewel by many). They put off a lot of potential buyers with their handling of AoC during that time and i fear history will repeat itself with Exiles. Why create unnecessary inhouse competition? Why unnecessary destroy customers trust? Of course you can set priorities, but there is a lot of middle ground between "nothing" and "everything". As Abady says, it was obvious they completely moved devs to TSW, which would have been even acceptable, if they were not moved permanently and next focus would have been AoC again. Also lying about it did not help.

Compare what they do now with a different strategy (like they had in the beginning of 2016 before the scampatch release):
    Now:
    - less value for same (premium) or more (shop) money
    - inbalance of new content versus old content
    - no communication
    Instead better:
    - fixing the membershop prices
    - documented regular patches that fix content (slowly will work here, if patch repairs more than it breaks)
    - work parallel to Exiles on a new adventure module for AoC based either on Exiles or on content expanding the gameworld (this is the least you can do after messing up the game balance and membership model...and the easiest most fun too compared to the alternatives)
    - less promises, more transparency, more communication (like a true survey, where you could include questions about Exiles)

This would not cost funcom much, but do a lot in retaining or regaining some customers...which they will NEED for the Exiles release. That playerbase includes pvp players (who might have been too badly burned already), casuals who want single player experience and roleplayers (many already are hyped for exiles, so please do not mess this up!).

Timing was always an unlucky choice by funcom. TSW followed the compromised khitai expansion way too early. They miscalculated the asian market and they miscalculated the market for TSW. This would not have been so bad, if they had not neglected their cash cows for the risk.

This makes ignorance of AoCs potential so dangerous for Exiles, too. They neglect it and set a timer to a date, when it can no longer be the cash cow. Especially if they do not fix the damage patch 5.0 did, who will pay the bills for keeping developing an early access game? It is not so easy now to scam with that model than it was years ago. Exiles has to be solid at release, not many will believe funcoms promises who got burned more than once already.
    Last edited by Kurt2016; 19th September 2016 at 17:18.

When? Never. That much should be obvious.

Funcom has made some of the greatest games in history, yet has teetered on the edge of bankruptcy for years now. That isn't by chance.

Ever since 2010 TSW has been the focus of Funcom, they did Khitai then they moved on, sure we got steady updates until they downsized in 2013, but nothing big. Then 2013 happened and they downsized and we got about 1 content update per year. Now 2016 happened, and they've done the most pathetic and insulting things any game company could ever do. Dunno why anyone would have any false hope things will improve, especially after Cirith (the last developer who cared) quit and a second rate developer with no clue about the game took his place.
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube
    THE IVORY TOWER - QQ - Schlenkerla/Hersch

I've removed a couple a posts that added nothing to the discussion. I'd like to add that the devs (yes, that's plural) read the Suggestion thread regularly, hence the recent cleanups.
    Short cuts make long delays.

Edit by Anzu: Moderation is not to be discussed on the forums.
    Last edited by Anzu; 19th September 2016 at 20:56.
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Evil Elitist Veteran Wanker ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

-- Make AoC Great Again --

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast