Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: No Raid Finder on Fury

Quote Originally Posted by Laethiel View Post
    Tyyr gets it. Because at heart he is a pvper. Even if he went to the PVE server. I do understand his reasons for doing so. Fury was essentially dead and he had more love for the game than I did. I chose to quit (temporarily) and he chose to play on Crom. But the point remains. A purist pvper pvps for the love of pvp, not for the rewards. The only reward necessary for a true pvper is victory. I play on my tos mostly and she is stacked to the max. What do I get out of pvp besides pvp? Nothing...

Aside from the satisfaction of Crushing my enemies, Seeing them driven before me, and Hearing the lamentation of their women! That , my friends, is what is best in life!
    The Raid Finder is a way to include more players and new players without actually doing Raids. Raid Finder does all the work for you while you have fun and then you do 30 minutes of RF with some new and old players. Do it a few times a week and Fury may survive a few years longer. Otherwise it will fade like Rage until there aren't enough players to do minis or find in the open world. I usually just open world PVP and I would go to Rage with my Ranger and try to find other players when I saw them listed on a map using the Ranger stalking abilities and I could rarely ever find another player. Just the whole wide world to myself.

Suit yourself, but Rage proved the PvP server model FC uses doesn't work.

Eventually I think Funcom will merge PvP gear and PvE gear with a single server and just allow players to pick whether they want the PvP instance or the PvE instance of a map. What hurt AoC most was splitting the PvP from PvE with special gear since in the beginning they co-existed beautifully, each supporting the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladesaint View Post
    The Raid Finder is a way to include more players and new players without actually doing Raids. Raid Finder does all the work for you while you have fun and then you do 30 minutes of RF with some new and old players. Do it a few times a week and Fury may survive a few years longer. Otherwise it will fade like Rage until there aren't enough players to do minis or find in the open world. I usually just open world PVP and I would go to Rage with my Ranger and try to find other players when I saw them listed on a map using the Ranger stalking abilities and I could rarely ever find another player. Just the whole wide world to myself.

Suit yourself, but Rage proved the PvP server model FC uses doesn't work.

Eventually I think Funcom will merge PvP gear and PvE gear with a single server and just allow players to pick whether they want the PvP instance or the PvE instance of a map. What hurt AoC most was splitting the PvP from PvE with special gear since in the beginning they co-existed beautifully, each supporting the other.
    Rage had it's own issues. I think Fury is doing fine as is. Players like myself have no desire to step foot into a pve raid. If it's an important part of the game to you i can only recommend you transfer off to Crom or maybe attempt to get a raid going on Fury. Never hurts to try. Many players are receptive to the call of the raid. I personally am not. If the server dies like it did before then so be it, it'll die and I will move on to other games. I have made my peace with that eventuality in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanaton View Post
    kills ofc for awesome achievements and titles

The only title I am interested in requires me to consume copious amounts of booze. I do this sometimes while i stand around between minis
    Last edited by Laethiel; 3rd October 2016 at 23:32.
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

The only title I am interested in requires me to consume copious amounts of booze. I do this sometimes while i stand around between minis
    I did the same and stopped on 500 i think couldnt handle more clicking
    Thanatonn - Tempest of Set

Knights Of Avalon

Whatever you like, but Fury will bleed players with no Raid Finder ever. Raid Finder was made for Fury's type of players really. Easy fast Raids with decent loot if you do one or two a week. RF takes about 30 minutes, a little longer if you mess up a few times.

Anyway, as more players find out about Raid Finder, the bleeding will increase.

Fury is a pvp server, if you desire pve then you should play on Crom.
    This black and white mentality led to the death of many beautiful servers.
    Fury is considered PvP servers because it includes in its open PvP gameplay on each map (without having to go to a specific event like a mini), however, does not seem to be prohibited PvE and not by chance that the RF are additionally entitled to Fury (if it was as you say the option should be blocked).
    Fury has open PvP, the Mini but also all the dungeons and all T1-6 raid and there are people who love to do both.
    Unfortunately people who think like you turned fury not pvp server, but in a very limited mini-pvp server where you do nothing else, and this is sad because people there lost 70% of what is a beautiful game!

PS: my speech is generic about all content game, I find the RF boring you drop and they are the game's death, RF and WB should be removed to the game
    Last edited by zujilin; 18th October 2016 at 12:21.
    Victory or Death

... The only reward necessary for a true pvper is victory...
    so wouldn't this help you achieve that "victory"?

Quote Originally Posted by Bladesaint View Post
    ...the T4 bow which has better crit, crit damage, hit, Dex, than the PvP 10 bow and only 4 DPS less after you calculate the attributes to DPS...

AND if this statement were true:

Quote Originally Posted by Sloejinn View Post
    ...T1 gear will suffice if you are semi competent player...
    who will have an edge if this semi competent player will PvP versus a similarly semi competent player (theoretically equal in all aspects) geared in T4?

Quote Originally Posted by Sloejinn View Post
    ......And how is having T4 gear going to make a difference in the amount of time it takes to gain PVP levels?......
    Isn't PvP levels gained by winning victories? admittedly not an expert here, but I would expect more victories/kills = faster PvP progression?

I started in 2008 on the Cimmeria PvP-RP server. Players were mostly readers of Robert E. Howard's Conan tales so they enjoyed both the PvP and PvE aspects of AoC. Actually I can't imagine why anyone would play AoC and not be interested in the Hyborian Age content. To get to that content though you must do some PvE.

Oh well, I commented when Funcom added PvP gear in 2009 that it would split the community in two and kill the PvP half eventually. It has. Raid Finder was made for Fury more than Crom because the new players who might come to AoC are not coming to PvP a handful of hardcore 80 PvPer's, they are coming to experience the Hyborian Age, but once they reach level 80 on Fury there is only mini-game PvP and most will leave from boredom. I see new players on Fury complain about the PvP offering at 80 everyday, saying it is terribly balanced against new players. AoC PvP is just a mindless catass grind to do relatively little if you remove the PvE questing.

IMHO, AoC's most fun PvP was in the Underhalls while doing the Tortage quests. They should develop a PvP milieu that forces PvPer's to PvE to get to the PvP and vice versa. That would re-unite the two halves of AoC's players. A PvP-RP-PvE game world.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123