Thread: (Almost) ready to leave Tortage.Where to go?What to do next?

Default (Almost) ready to leave Tortage.Where to go?What to do next?

So I'm finally leaving Tortage and I don't know what to expect, or what expects me once I leave for good. Any advice on how to proceed? What to do first, or where to go? Living on an island has been fantastic but now the open world awaits my toon, and in my life of AoC player I never went over Tortage

Quote Originally Posted by thulias View Post
    So I'm finally leaving Tortage and I don't know what to expect, or what expects me once I leave for good. Any advice on how to proceed? What to do first, or where to go? Living on an island has been fantastic but now the open world awaits my toon, and in my life of AoC player I never went over Tortage
    Simply go where the quests take you. Enjoy exploring the world one new place at a time.

The way it's set up is that every race has it's own 20 to 40 area after Tortage. Once you complete the last battle of Tortage it will send you to your home town where the quests themselves will lead you to new areas, like Tapwater said.

You are free to go to whichever area you want however via the wagoneers. Overall I'd say Gateway to Khitai is the more streamlined and rewarding 20 to 40 area but as a first timer I'd suggest sticking to your own lands for the flavor for your first run through.
    Last edited by Raeil; 15th September 2016 at 18:17.

Its actually worth doing about 1-40 on 4 different archtypes as they all have their own quest system and home lands. In fact you will more than likely never goto some of the areas as your level up as you will be above their levels quickly. But there are a lot of good quests, areas on all the early lands. Once your get above level 40-45 all the areas tend to merge to FOTD and El Mtns.
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

Once off Tortage, I tend to take all the sightseeing and Fedex quests available in the hub cities that run you around Old T, Conarch, and Khemi and which send you to the resource zones of Poitain, Lachiesh Plains and Purple Lotus Swamp. There are quests to go to Gateway as well. Just doing these will get you two or three levels, and with the Achievement system, these quests will be most of the hub city Achievement quests as well. (I'll pick up the chests and panorama in the hubs, too.) When I'm done running NPC errands, I'll choose one of the 20-40 zones to start with and will do as others counsel, move among all four (Gateway, Connall's, Wild Lands and Khopshef) doing quests.

the best rewards after leaving tortage are in the gateway to khitai. It's the newest level 20-40 zone as well. There are at least 2 quests in there that reward expertise urns and it also ties into the khitai expansion story line a little better, however it is more difficult due to travelling through higher level areas to get to your quests.
    Requiem Nex Combat Monitor | Options not Saving temporary Fix
    Can Devs please fix:
    • new ressurections resetting the currently selected ressurect position
    • loot timeout windows disappearing before progress bar completes when box hasn't been opened quickly

Thanks evryone for you efforts. I'll try khitai first and then I will go wherever my curiosity says...keep you informed about my progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaevacas View Post
    the best rewards after leaving tortage are in the gateway to khitai. It's the newest level 20-40 zone as well. There are at least 2 quests in there that reward expertise urns and it also ties into the khitai expansion story line a little better, however it is more difficult due to travelling through higher level areas to get to your quests.
    This is accurate, but I never enjoined it as i did the quests on Connal's Valley in Cimmeria.
    Jenyu - Assassin
    Lutheor - Herald Of Xotli
    Destiny

"Now you see me, now you don't"

Quote Originally Posted by thulias View Post
    Thanks evryone for you efforts. I'll try khitai first and then I will go wherever my curiosity says...keep you informed about my progress.
    try conall valley first I think
    FURY

Just to add another point of view... I usually like to take the following route. In Tortage, I make sure to pick up the Shadow Brotherhood quest. My first stop when I leave is Khemi to talk to Tali, who sends me to kill the honest man in Khopshepf Province. While there, I run Bubshur House (3 quests & achievement in 15 minutes). After that, I choose Wildlands (stop in OT to pick up quests from Nestor and Mellus), especially if I'm playing a soldier. Nice blue weapons from quests, plus first three sacred weapon quests. However, you can't go wrong no matter what route you take.