Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Completely New Player: Crom or Fury

Does PVP really need much in the way of things? It's player versus player afterall. All you need is an opponent so put them in a corner and leave them to it. PVE obviously requires an environment to play in, it's in the title, so that's where devs focus rightly should be.

It's true that designing PvE encounters is more complex, but it still doesn't justify abandoning PvP, when all its players asked for is a map or two more and letting us sign with friends to play together like how it used to work in the past, and fixing game-breaking bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Patoson View Post
    It's true that designing PvE encounters is more complex, but it still doesn't justify abandoning PvP, when all its players asked for is a map or two more and letting us sign with friends to play together like how it used to work in the past, and fixing game-breaking bugs.
    A big factor for this is ofcourse that pvpers have been able to play this game for free for a long time. While raiders have been forced to sub. You could argue that they could have done something to make it worth it for pvpers to sub aswell tho.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Quote Originally Posted by Patoson View Post
    Its a shame rly😕😕

Quote Originally Posted by magnum92 View Post
    A big factor for this is ofcourse that pvpers have been able to play this game for free for a long time. While raiders have been forced to sub. You could argue that they could have done something to make pvpers sub aswell, but I guess you see the point im trying to make, we have been paying for our content.
    So u think u can be a top pvp player WITHOUT aa's?☺
    Last edited by Anzu; 19th December 2016 at 17:58.
    Crom:
    Kraamz dt pvp10
    Kramzor hox pvp10
    Quickdash guard pvp7
    Kramzz bs pvp5

Fury:
    Pressostate conq pvp5
    ++++

AFK into the unknown =/

Quote Originally Posted by Willd View Post
    So u think u can be a top pvp player WITHOUT aa's?☺
    Most people in my guild and previous guilds who is 100% pvp players have been f2p, might be exceptions ofc
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

You get AA as f2p, only that timer thing is disabled.
    Kinaputten

Question I have a related issue about the servers

Hey,

I am also relatively new to AoC. I have 3 characters now and I have had an apparent screw up with my first character. I am 100% positive that I created my first character on the Crom server (and all my other characters are on it too) but I had a connection issue a few weeks ago and I think I got deceived and ended up on the Fury server.

I was in a quest battle and all of a sudden things seemed to lag and a window popped up about server connection issues and asking if I would like to switch servers to continue playing. I selected 'yes' thinking it would just put me on another Crom server (or Crom type of server) and it seemed to be better so I thought nothing more on it.

However, I just noticed this past weekend that my character is on the Fury server now . . . Had I known selecting 'yes' meant dumping my character on Fury I would never have done that. I wasn't seeing anyone I had friended online anymore and it seemed different but I never thought to check the server I was on . . .

So has this happened to anyone before? Are there really only 2 servers for AoC?

I emailed tech support asking them to put my character back on Crom and hope they aren't going to make me pay for it.

Anyway, any advice, info, help is appreciated.

Thx!
    "What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?" - Thulsa Doom, Conan the Barbarian
    "Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing." - Herger the Joyous, The 13th Warrior
    "Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back." - Maximus, Gladiator

Quote Originally Posted by D1sposable-H3ro View Post
    a window popped up about server connection issues and asking if I would like to switch servers to continue playing. I selected 'yes' thinking it would just put me on another Crom server (or Crom type of server) and it seemed to be better so I thought nothing more on it.
    All that pop up does is switch you to a different 'channel (my word)' on the server (Crom or Fury) that you're playing on. It doesn't switch you from the PvE server to the PvP server. I've (and many others) have lost connection and seen that same pop up and you're the first that has said it effected them by changing you to the PvP server.

One of those cases where the word 'Server' means more than one thing. I'm sure an IT guy could explain it better, but I've never heard of a character jumping from Crom to Fury in mid-play. I do know that if you're not paying attention getting on the right server during character creation you can end up in the wrong place.

And yes, AoC only has Crom (PvE) and Fury (Pvp) for servers.

Default Thx for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by Nebless View Post
    All that pop up does is switch you to a different 'channel (my word)' on the server (Crom or Fury) that you're playing on. It doesn't switch you from the PvE server to the PvP server. I've (and many others) have lost connection and seen that same pop up and you're the first that has said it effected them by changing you to the PvP server.

One of those cases where the word 'Server' means more than one thing. I'm sure an IT guy could explain it better, but I've never heard of a character jumping from Crom to Fury in mid-play. I do know that if you're not paying attention getting on the right server during character creation you can end up in the wrong place.

And yes, AoC only has Crom (PvE) and Fury (Pvp) for servers.
    I am glad to hear that that window pop up issue moves you to another "channel" and not the other server. Hmmm then I have no idea what the hell happened to me. I don't see anyone I have on my friend's list ever online no matter what the day/time. Maybe I will just stay put then but I also heard you level up faster on Crom.
    "What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?" - Thulsa Doom, Conan the Barbarian
    "Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing." - Herger the Joyous, The 13th Warrior
    "Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back." - Maximus, Gladiator

Quote Originally Posted by D1sposable-H3ro View Post
    I am glad to hear that that window pop up issue moves you to another "channel" and not the other server. Hmmm then I have no idea what the hell happened to me. I don't see anyone I have on my friend's list ever online no matter what the day/time. Maybe I will just stay put then but I also heard you level up faster on Crom.
    They probably just don't play the character / game anymore, that's why you don't see them online at any time. Some of my characters are on some random people's friends list just because I helped them when I saw their question in the global chat, so they added me but they probably have never seen my character again because I rarely play any of my toons.

The friends / ignore list in AoC is very simple, you don't add the player's account to the friends list (like you do in other games), you only add this one character to the list. A lot of people have several character (like 10 or 12) and often you don't add their main character to the list. That's why you wont see a lot of random people online on your friends / list unless you are adding everyone and reach the 1000 limit.
    Same goes for the ignore list, just because you added one troll to the list it does not mean you blocked all his other characters whose messages you can still see in the chat.

And also, this same rule applies to your own characters, one player you added on character 1 to your FL will not be displayed on your character 2 FL. It's all completely seperated from each other.
    Last edited by xCodename; 29th July 2017 at 13:49.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123