Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Completely New Player: Crom or Fury

Default New Player: Crom or Fury & Class Choice

Hello, I'm completely new to AoC and I want to test it out. I like world pvp a lot, so I thought I wanted to be on the Fury realm. But I here it's basically dead. Does this mean that I pretty much have no choice but to be on Crom? Basically, would it be very ill-advised of me to choose Fury at this point?

Edit: Adding to this is the tough class choice, there's a decent list to choose from. In a most basic sense I've narrowed it down to 3 classes. I want to use magic and do melee combat, so I'm trying to decide between the Bear Shaman, Dark Templar, and the Herald of Xotli. If someone could give some incite there it would be nice. But what would be awesome is an overview of all classes, what their strengths and weaknesses are, and how well they fair in pvp.
    Last edited by learis; 4th September 2016 at 16:12.

I played in Fury last month for a bit and it looked quite dead. Crom is a lot more populated and there are minis going all day long. You get 1 week a month of PvP event in Border Kingdoms, which is the only open-world PvP in Crom, apart from sieges.

About the classes, the only magic bs uses is defensive - it just heals, buffs or debuffs - then dt does melee combos and part of his damage is magic but it's just that the combo damage is magical; actual spells dt has just a few, and only one is aggressive, the hex. If you really want to combine magic and melee, go for hox. Hox can use fire breath every 5 seconds, biggest source of damage, along with some other spells, and then also uses combos.

Bs is a beast in duels (very strong melee class), dt can do insane damage but it relies on crits a lot and also uses 1h so the weapon reach is shorter, and hox is squishy and involves moving and jumping around the most, but can melt entire teams.

I recommend hox. BS isn't bad though if you want to a healer, though. Hox is just a lot of fun and sounds like what you're looking for.
    DT is a boring class all around IMO because it basically revolves around spamming combos with VOM doing the work for you.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by learis View Post
    Hello, I'm completely new to AoC and I want to test it out. I like world pvp a lot, so I thought I wanted to be on the Fury realm. But I here it's basically dead. Does this mean that I pretty much have no choice but to be on Crom? Basically, would it be very ill-advised of me to choose Fury at this point?

Edit: Adding to this is the tough class choice, there's a decent list to choose from. In a most basic sense I've narrowed it down to 3 classes. I want to use magic and do melee combat, so I'm trying to decide between the Bear Shaman, Dark Templar, and the Herald of Xotli. If someone could give some incite there it would be nice. But what would be awesome is an overview of all classes, what their strengths and weaknesses are, and how well they fair in pvp.
    Fury is mostly end game pvp nowadays, I recommend you play on Crom for now and level up, earn some pvp experience and if you wish to then test your mettle in solid pvp move on over to Fury. Fury has a population of pvp purists. If you're fine with leveling solo then come on in and join the meat grinder. We welcome all with open arms.
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

Quote Originally Posted by Laethiel View Post
    Fury is mostly end game pvp nowadays, I recommend you play on Crom for now and level up, earn some pvp experience and if you wish to then test your mettle in solid pvp move on over to Fury. Fury has a population of pvp purists. If you're fine with leveling solo then come on in and join the meat grinder. We welcome all with open arms.
    Edit by Anzu: If you want to criticize someone's post, be constructive.
    Last edited by Anzu; 13th September 2016 at 09:04.
    Thanatonn - Tempest of Set

Knights Of Avalon

Quote Originally Posted by learis View Post

I would say shammy very fun all round class good for solo an GRP also beast in PvP, for servers if u go crom be ready to be called nab and not geared enough for any dungeon, come fury and be welcomed apart from crom players on fury alt they hostile. Hit me up and I'll heal u through anything fury ofc I play for fun not hoarding items 🙊

Also crom is more busy but like I said 90% won't group with u in pve as they want it easy an smooth fury is busy enough for all content bar raids but saying that 1-2 raids been spanking wb daily.
    Last edited by Gankosarus; 13th September 2016 at 10:00.
    Edit by Melcom: so not.

Quote Originally Posted by Gankosarus View Post
    ...for servers if u go crom be ready to be called nab ...
    ... 90% won't group with u in pve as they want it easy an smooth ...
    What? Are you sure you don't have the servers mixed up? The only time I've heard "nab, etc..." in Crom is from PvP players QQing on Global... most people are great and willing to lend a hand... and very much willing to group... Heck there are people wantingg to help too much, even when you don't want/need it XD...

Quote Originally Posted by chrizdc View Post
    What? Are you sure you don't have the servers mixed up? The only time I've heard "nab, etc..." in Crom is from PvP players QQing on Global... most people are great and willing to lend a hand... and very much willing to group... Heck there are people wanting to help too much, even when you don't want/need it XD...
    Have you been on many raids? The elitism is quite commonplace in the pve sector. I spent a little time there awhile back and it was pretty bad even by my standards. Sure there are good people but that can be said for the community on Fury as well. I think it equates nicely in retrospect. You have the elitist pvpers who shout insults at their team for failing and you have the elitist raid leaders doing pretty much the same thing, and this is Crom i'm referring to. Sure Fury has a few tools who are abusive to teammates in minigames but those are so few and far between. At least Fury doesn't have the elitist raid leaders ;P

Bottom line is it doesn't matter where you play really. It just matters what ruleset you prefer to play by. If you like world pvp and only want to pvp all the time in every way possible as I and many of my compatriots do, then you play on Fury. If the prospect of non consensual pvp frightens you and you would rather spend your days spanking raid bosses and doing pve content and being limited to minigames or border kingdoms/bori for your pvp then Crom is the server for you.

Sure the population on Crom is slightly larger but I think the population on Fury is just better overall. No offense to Cromites. Quality over quantity as they say.

For those who will naturally argue my point claiming that Crom is superior Fury is dead blah blah i suggest you check out my stream channel, especially during pvp festival which is ongoing until next Tuesday. It's been good fun and a packed house!
    Last edited by Laethiel; 23rd September 2016 at 18:50.
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

Quote Originally Posted by Laethiel View Post
    Have you been on many raids? The elitism is quite commonplace in the pve sector. I spent a little time there awhile back and it was pretty bad even by my standards. Sure there are good people but that can be said for the community on Fury as well. I think it equates nicely in retrospect. You have the elitist pvpers who shout insults at their team for failing and you have the elitist raid leaders doing pretty much the same thing, and this is Crom i'm referring to. Sure Fury has a few tools who are abusive to teammates in minigames but those are so few and far between. At least Fury doesn't have the elitist raid leaders ;P

Bottom line is it doesn't matter where you play really. It just matters what ruleset you prefer to play by. If you like world pvp and only want to pvp all the time in every way possible as I and many of my compatriots do, then you play on Fury. If the prospect of non consensual pvp frightens you and you would rather spend your days spanking raid bosses and doing pve content and being limited to minigames or border kingdoms/bori for your pvp then Crom is the server for you.

Sure the population on Crom is slightly larger but I think the population on Fury is just better overall. No offense to Cromites. Quality over quantity as they say.

For those who will naturally argue my point claiming that Crom is superior Fury is dead blah blah i suggest you check out my stream channel, especially during pvp festival which is ongoing until next Tuesday. It's been good fun and a packed house!
    I need a New computer now that I am back in the States, Damn It!

The pvp quality is insanely low . Far worse than on Crom .
    I don't know where all those people suddenly have come from, but I have been playing a bit (with my pvp2 sin) and had a few of the worst minis with some of the worst players this game has ever seen. And when you say "some players" then its already a high percentage of Fury's active population.

It is infested with Decap slaves , Rangers and Casters that are even unable to play those classes , can't look on a map and on top probably don't even know that there is a group chat
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast