Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Limit raid finder to once a week!

Default Limit raid finder to once a week!

Well, so in the past week while raid finder has been up I find it alot harder to create group and normal raids. This is because people farm Raid finder, they dont explore the game, they join raid finder and get t4 tokens no matter how bad they are.

I would like the raid finder to be limited to once a week or just get rewards once a week. No full time blue drop with t4 tokens.

Its sad that it has been so hard to find groups now, i hardly get grp for vile or anythig other than normal. Everyone who do not farm RF is stuck in mona/palace, cus its more rewarding than the harder dungeons.

Why is it like this? Raid finder was made to make new commers able to enjoy late game instances, but it rather takes em away form all the other content of aoc, which is alot!
    Last edited by Raczer; 3rd September 2016 at 18:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Raczer View Post
    Well, so in the past week while raid finder has been up I find it alot harder to create group and normal raids. This is because people farm Raid finder, they dont explore the game, they join raid finder and get t4 tokens no matter how bad they are.

I would like the raid finder to be limited to once a week or just get rewards once a week. No full time blue drop with t4 tokens.

Its sad that it has been so hard to find groups now, i hardly get grp for vile or anythig other than normal. Everyone who do not farm RF is stuck in mona/palace, cus its more rewarding than the harder dungeons.

Why is it like this? Reaid finder was made to make new commers able to enjoy late game instances and
    i agreed on limit the amount of reward of the RF but doing it once a week will make it harder for people with multiple toons to do it with them

i would suggest a 2 or 3 day cool down before attempting to do RF again, of course without the purple box reward, only blues... but in this case i would also sugest to remove the silver and gold from the loot and in exchange add some t2 or t1 tokens (that you can convert to t3...)
    meh...

Why is it like this? Reaid finder was made to make new commers able to enjoy late game instances and
    I dont see much difference between RF and the old memory cloud farm when it comes to easy'ness vs reward only exception is the avid end-game raiders back then didn't complain because you had to have an interest in killing the few raid bosses before to have an access to the exploited part over and over with green geared characters and friends alts for unlimited t4 relics, dragon tears, t4 accessories, urns etc., RF only opens it to everybody by queuing with a single click.

Rf can be harder than a normal t3/t4/t6 raid considering that there are language issues plus new players in there, and some trolls. Depending on when you can play, it might take over an hour to do a rf and you can do something else while waiting.

I could see removing t3 rares and t4 dragon tears from the blue boxes, but if there isn't any raids I want to go on (considering that all of my important alts are t3 plus and my mains are already full t4 plus) I don't plan on going on t1/t2/t3 raids anyway since I have all the token pets on my main bear.

If I want to farm rf with an experienced character as my game style, then that's my choice. I actually enjoyed the t6 things for the most part, because its more laid back (aka not intense like a guild raid) and I can actually spend the time to see the mechanics on other classes than my bear....which will help in guild raids on the 'real thing'

Frankly Funcom didn't do so terrible a job (except for zodiac) to show new players a bit of t6 and t4 they might not otherwise have had access to. And learn that miasma and blood draw require a bit more paying attention than a world boss.

I haven't seen as many noneasy sixmans for a long time before raid finder. And I still see raids ongoing, even some rare t5 pugs. Not t6 pugs though.

And what? RF invite popped up?

Quote Originally Posted by Noobody View Post
    I dont see much difference between RF and the old memory cloud farm when it comes to easy'ness vs reward only exception is the avid end-game raiders back then didn't complain because you had to have an interest in killing the few raid bosses before to have an access to the exploited part over and over with green geared characters and friends alts for unlimited t4 relics, dragon tears, t4 accessories, urns etc., RF only opens it to everybody by queuing with a single click.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    Rf can be harder than a normal t3/t4/t6 raid considering that there are language issues plus new players in there, and some trolls. Depending on when you can play, it might take over an hour to do a rf and you can do something else while waiting.

I could see removing t3 rares and t4 dragon tears from the blue boxes, but if there isn't any raids I want to go on (considering that all of my important alts are t3 plus and my mains are already full t4 plus) I don't plan on going on t1/t2/t3 raids anyway since I have all the token pets on my main bear.

If I want to farm rf with an experienced character as my game style, then that's my choice. I actually enjoyed the t6 things for the most part, because its more laid back (aka not intense like a guild raid) and I can actually spend the time to see the mechanics on other classes than my bear....which will help in guild raids on the 'real thing'

Frankly Funcom didn't do so terrible a job (except for zodiac) to show new players a bit of t6 and t4 they might not otherwise have had access to. And learn that miasma and blood draw require a bit more paying attention than a world boss.

I haven't seen as many noneasy sixmans for a long time before raid finder. And I still see raids ongoing, even some rare t5 pugs. Not t6 pugs though.
    Well, I dont find raid finder to be a bad thing at all, i think its nice and the rewards are nice too i think. (As you said maybe remove Rare and DT for blue chests)

But the main problem is unlike MC or anything before people are able to farm Raidfinder all day. It so many people that does this that there isnt many left for doing dungeons etc. the normal way. This is because even if you get better gear fast with kk hm, it still isnt as good as t4. And since you dont need any gear to do RF they just do that til they're t4. And there isnt any peeps left to tho all the other tons of content around in aoc. And lest be honest, RF is nice but funny? not in a million years.

Raid finder doesnt even have a hour CD when it should be a week and at least a day CD.

that's true that solo instances have 1 day or 20h lockout, it would make sense if rf had at least that !
    Hungry Bear.
    Chamacappa - Happyshamie - Sekmheth - Oyako - Nexoxcho - and an other dozen of cripples !

Are there enough players in this game to limit the raidfinder? I imagine it would be hard to fill the raid later in the week if every character could only do it once. I see no problem with it the way it is. There are still lots of normal raids and dungeon runs announced in global like there always has been. Though I suppose this depends on the time of day.

yea, i'd put a weekly cd, like normal raid, but if you think it's too much, at least put a daily cd, like solo dungeons...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Just leave it alone...it took me til tonight to get 14 alts done and two extras, so its not like its easily farmed at night time US PST.

If you don't like it, don't do it. I found out new things for t6 raids for characters that I don't get to take there on real t6 raids, so its all good for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast