Thread: Leather

Angry Leather

Soo I've killed about 100 moose and got 8 calloused leather. WTF?! Drop rates on leather need to be fixed. Getting grained leather is almost impossible. WHY?! It's an animal it's dead all it's parts should be there. And the majority of the time I get NOTHING dropping. Please please please fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanathi View Post
    Soo I've killed about 100 moose and got 8 calloused leather. WTF?! Drop rates on leather need to be fixed. Getting grained leather is almost impossible. WHY?! It's an animal it's dead all it's parts should be there. And the majority of the time I get NOTHING dropping. Please please please fix.
    Eig Mtn apes. There's several camps of them and all in close proximity.

For Grained try the Chill Crawlers in Lac Plains. They're spread out and you've gotta hunt for them but they do drop it. The drop rate has never been high on grained but luckily there's not a lot of things that require it. At the northern most edge of the forest there's also a handful of L80 Chill Crawlers, kill them and hopefully get Chill Crawler Glands which you can then send to me so I can flood the market with overpriced Piteado.

I've always found that the leather drop rate from animals tagged as "prey" is much less than non-prey animals in the range that drops the type of leather you want (eg level 20-40 animals for rough leather) ...with the exception of the beaker bird prey NPCS in purple lotus swamp.

But yes, the drop rate for leather is appalling even from non-prey animals, worse than silk or ironsilk randomly dropped from NPCs

You're also 'chasing' a mob that runs away until you hit it. That is however only relevent within that mobs level range. Moose are slow going if you are. At level 80 it obviously doesn't matter. You're also better off farming mats on a caster toon with area effect if you can (or conq+banner). Demo's simply make this a cakewalk (insta-casts, Waves of Flame and AE's galore. BBQ's on me). If you only have the one toon, well, learn burst DPS, CC's ad timing them or suck it up and grind it out like a PvE Gimp.

I also do agree with your sentiment. Kill something only for it not to yield a leathery item is preposterous! Especially if you're already a master skinner. Apparently not! It's not changing in game however so your best bet is as said above; go spank some monkey's for their callousness/. Wolves/Bears (not tainted) do alright in Wildlands if you want it rough/brindled. Gnarled/Whorled isn't worth farming because it drops by the bucketloads from people doing day-to-day tasks and powerlevelling anyway.

And if you're hunting silk/tussah, try scabbing it from cannibals. There are lots of groups of them....try the Cave...

Why why why won't you fix this? It's absurd. 40 gold komodos drop 1 rough leather? thanks for all the teeth i can for sell squat. Why drop garbage? It's incredibly frustrating.
    Last edited by Vanathi; 17th September 2016 at 22:30.

I wish they up the drop rate on leather its like crazy hard to get alot of it compared to the other resourcess.

Many years ago i also had to farm this **** for armorsmith proffesion. The easiest place in the game to find calloused leather is in the hounted horrest in field of the dead. The werewolves is the mob that drops this the most in the game.
    Torilius Necro
    Ubermiley Pom
    Invitmi BS
    Pewpewgirl Tos

Quote Originally Posted by Zittla View Post
    I wish they up the drop rate on leather its like crazy hard to get alot of it compared to the other resourcess.
    The drop rate is fine. I remember gathering it and earning good cash from crafting.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.