Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Server Update: September 1, 2016

I guess we won't know. The update notes are somewhat dry.
    Short cuts make long delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzu View Post
    ...a problem in the Raid Finder led to the discovery of a bug that affects several aspects of the game, including the Raid Finder, kind of like a major problem in your house electrical network would cause problems with your computer, your oven and your fridge.
    I'm of the opinion that a lot of posters on these forums are a little... loud at times, and unnecessarily so. But in this case I understand the frustration as I've tried to be part of the scheduled raid circuit myself many years ago, and it requires quite a commitment.

It seems to me it would be easy for developers to actually go into details about this problem to calm things down a bit. So why don't you give us some details, however technical they may be, to see if people will be more understanding? Try us, we are likely a technical bunch as well. Pass this on to HQ if the general mood of these forums is part of your concern.

Well, I'm only a volunteer. I don't have access to the devs

Raid interface in JS has been broken for years, same as group not properly disbanding after a minigame and nobody in FC gave a damn, but the second something similar happens with RF:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObWrdYQ_6xY

"Take the servers down this instant, I dont care what time it is."

Thats what disappoints me the most.
    Pogecor - PvP 10 Guardian
    Micinecka - PvP 10 Priest of Mitra
    Pichalka - PvP 10 Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by Pogec View Post
    Raid interface in JS has been broken for years, same as group not properly disbanding after a minigame and nobody in FC gave a damn, but the second something similar happens with RF:

Its always been like this.

Everybody knows some people are using things in pvp that shouldn't be allowed and I saw a guy use it in a HM, he was banned after 5mins.
    Kinaputten

This latest change by Funcom:
    When choosing "Need" to roll on an item your character can't use, your roll will now automatically be changed to "Greed."

is poorly thought out.

a) Many classes have "can not use" against "bind on equip" items, so their Need roll will be auto-changed by the game to "greed" and yet other classes will have the "need" maintained...even though they will not equip for that character but either pass it to an alt, sell it or give it away ...eg a guard/conq/DT can use a "bind on equip" medium armour item so their Need roll will stay, but the mage class can not so their "need" will be changed to "greed" .......

b) The "can not use" check is present when you are not at the level of the item - eg level 53 armour is marked as "can not use" if you are below level 53 ...even if you CAN equip it when you reach the level...so now in groups when an item comes up that IS for your class but not currently usable as you haven't reached the level... the "need" roll will be auto-changed to "greed" ..and if others in the group ALSO roll "greed" to sell the item for cash...the person who can and WANTS to use it when they get to the right level is likely to lose the roll ... it is a long-standing honour tradition in most group/raids that it's "need to equip, greed to sell" unless raid/group leader has said differently....therefore so many people automatically roll greed if they don't want to use items to sell them and trust that if someone actually wanted to have it to equip now or later then they will roll Need and it will go to them preferentially ... this "fix" prevents that from occurring. ....

c) In many raids the raid leader has opened the loot box, handed items over to an individual when it was only one who required it, stated the who can roll on others and also stated that x item is not required by anyone so all can roll on it to sell ...sometimes the raid leaders says "need for cash on the x item"...other times "greed for cash on x item" ...now those classes that have the "can not use" check against them will automatically have their need roll changed to greed..and those who can use a much wider range of armour/weapons can trump others in the raid by rolling need even if the raid leaders say all should now roll "greed for cash on x item" ... just is going to lead to more headaches for raid leaders ....

I do not see many benefits to this change in comparison to the new problems it is going to cause - it will not stop people rolling "need" on equipment that has little benefit for their class if they can still equip it eg mages rolling on daggers with dexterity and no intel/magic damage; assassins rolling on daggers with stats that benefit mages or Tos/PoM; Tos rolling on polearm with hate increase and no wisdom/magic damage or Guardians rolling on polearms with wisdom & heal rating ....and the list goes on and on....
    Last edited by Ladihawke; 2nd September 2016 at 15:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Pogec View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mogsters View Post
    Its always been like this.

Everybody knows some people are using things in pvp that shouldn't be allowed and I saw a guy use it in a HM, he was banned after 5mins.
    Again:

Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post
    We had identified an underlying issue unrelated to the RF that warranted the decision to bring the servers down a second time today. Don't get me wrong; we certainly don't intend to mess with our friends in the EU and their raid schedule, and we apologize for the interruption this may cause!
    Emphasis is mine. It looks like you're being disappointed for the sake of it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123