Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pom or tos?

Default Pom or tos?

I will post this here cuz pom forum seems more dead.

For pvp pom or tos and why?

Thanks!

Pom.

Background on personal experience.
    I used to play tos, it was really fun and she was really uber in pve so i started to play pvp, i reached pvp 7 but only got top score with a decent group were i didnt get focused. But when i got focused there was no chance in beating 2 vs 1 cus the tos simply dont have enough ccs for that.
    So i rolled a pom, got full khtsi epics and buffed my hp with rings and cloak. The pom seemed better than my tos even in pvp 0-5. I might aswell have to pur in that this was at the time were pom had insta kb, but still.
    Now i have a pvp 10pom with full gear and its probly one of the best pvp classes ingame. Fast healing, high burst and plenty of ccs. Its pretty much the perfect class in pvp. You dont even have to care that much what group you got cus you can survive without them.

So basicly, pom is better if you are doing pug minis. Tos might be better for premades.

( only personal xp here so i might be wrong)
    I also wanna add that leveling tos and pom is rwally boring and you might hang yourself before reaching 80!
    Torilius Necro
    Ubermiley Pom
    Invitmi BS
    Pewpewgirl Tos

Quote Originally Posted by Torilius View Post
    Pom.

Background on personal experience.
    I used to play tos, it was really fun and she was really uber in pve so i started to play pvp, i reached pvp 7 but only got top score with a decent group were i didnt get focused. But when i got focused there was no chance in beating 2 vs 1 cus the tos simply dont have enough ccs for that.
    So i rolled a pom, got full khtsi epics and buffed my hp with rings and cloak. The pom seemed better than my tos even in pvp 0-5. I might aswell have to pur in that this was at the time were pom had insta kb, but still.
    Now i have a pvp 10pom with full gear and its probly one of the best pvp classes ingame. Fast healing, high burst and plenty of ccs. Its pretty much the perfect class in pvp. You dont even have to care that much what group you got cus you can survive without them.

So basicly, pom is better if you are doing pug minis. Tos might be better for premades.

( only personal xp here so i might be wrong)
    I also wanna add that leveling tos and pom is rwally boring and you might hang yourself before reaching 80!
    i would take ensifer for any pug instead of any pom
    Thanatonn - Tempest of Set

Knights Of Avalon

Quote Originally Posted by Thanaton View Post
    i would take ensifer for any pug instead of any pom

Ofc you would cus ensifer is a good player but thats not the topic here. The topic is which class is better for pvp and i would say pom 9/10 times. We werent talking about players performance.
    Torilius Necro
    Ubermiley Pom
    Invitmi BS
    Pewpewgirl Tos

Pom,cause is easy class and op while tos for me is the only class that requires some skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Raczer View Post
    I will post this here cuz pom forum seems more dead.

For pvp pom or tos and why?

Thanks!
    It's an apples vs oranges scenario. Both classes can do well in pvp depending on how you play them.

A pom relies on ranged dps. Some strengths are
    1. Has many ccs available. Aoe stun. Aoe snare. Ranged single target stun. Aoe knockback that deals damage.
    2. Has 2 bubbles.
    3. Dispenses holy damage which is harmful to assassins.(assassins resist most magic damage except holy)
    4. Has strong extra healing abilities like lance.
    5. Can increase armor rating significantly.
    6. Good survivability out of the gate.

Some weaknesses

1. Armor buff comes with a price. You take increased damage from unholy dmg
    2. Can only target single targets. No aoe abilities except the knockdown.
    3. You will be using a main nuke spell the majority of the time. Smite. - boring

Ill list more as i consider them its been awhile

For the tos. It has a bit more versatility. You can choose to be a ranged class like the pom or you can be a self centric aoe class which most tos are after level 40. Basically what that means is you become a damage dealing source of electricity shocking everyone around you. This is the power of the tos but dont think you can just cast storm field and win. Its a common misconception to believe its that simple. There are a lot of mechanics at work. Mostly involving damage buffs and elemental debuffs. In other words the more you buff yourself up while debuffing others the more damage youll do.

Some strengths
    1. Versatility. Be aoe centric or ranged dps
    2. Same standard healing hots as poms or bear shamans
    3. High dps capability
    4. Lots of ccs. Aoe stun, ranged single target stun(with snare after effect with aa feat constriction), ranged silence/snare, aoe root, self centric knockback vs melee attackers (eye of the storm) basically it will repel melee attackers.
    5. Ability to disable melee enemies (fangs of set feat)
    6. Decent anti cc capability. Rousing shock removes stuns from you and your team, slip free breaks roots and snares but must be cast pre-emptively.
    7. Extra healing abilities - vital shock which damages an enemy and replanishes hp, mana, energy and stam to you and your partyand is available in the serpent transmutation(bubble) feat tree, also there is the AA feat Dark Idol of Set (A T3 Gold AA feat) which does damage for a time like tos idol then explodes. upon detonation it spreads extra healing your party who are nearby(Note: Vital shock does not heal you or replenish your mana, only your teammates. You and your party must be within proximity to dark idol to receive healing benefits).
    8. Tos healing lotus stacks with another tos healing lotus. When it comes to secondary healing only 2 green rings will stack on players. Meaning a player will only receive benefits from two green rings from two different classes of healer. So if you have 2 poms providing greens only one of those greens will work at any given time. Same with bear shamans, but Tos secondary heal will stack up with a 2nd tos. (This was a bug they never fixed as far as I know)

Some weaknesses
    1. Low survivability out of the gate.
    2. Highly vulnerable to assassin attacks.
    3. You will not be able to have all ccs in previous list at the same time. You'll have to pick and choose some.
    4. Bubble requires specific feat spec. You are not granted one for free like the pom.
    5. You become a valued target. Get used to the attention.
    6. Doesn't start to shine as a class until after level 40, doesn't shine in pvp until pvp 7+.
    7. AoE build requires you to be in close proximity to enemy targets. This will not be a problem to achieve as they will be all over you anyway.

Will update list as i mull it over or anyone has any additions to add.

All in all they both have ups and downs but pom is more forgiving as a class than tos is. Pom is viable right away, tos becomes more powerful down the road. So its up to you really. If you can handle the punishment a new tos has to deal with its worth it. If you are easily frustrated then go with pom. Hope this helps
    Last edited by Laethiel; 23rd August 2016 at 16:27.
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

Tos can have vital shock and idol (AA) so there is extra heal too. Bs can pick just aa bears as extra heal. Good post Lathiel, agreed nearly with all you said. I think its same as demo\necro dilemma.
    Last edited by Jerohn; 23rd August 2016 at 15:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerohn View Post
    Tos can have vital shock and idol (AA) so there is extra heal too. Bs can pick just aa bears as extra heal. Good post Lathiel, agreed nearly with all you said. I think its same as demo\necro dilemma.
    Right, I forgot about those. Updated the list and added those. Thanks.
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

Quote Originally Posted by Laethiel View Post
    1. Has many ccs available. Aoe stun. Aoe snare. Ranged single target stun. Aoe knockback that deals damage.
    You have forgotten about a fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Laethiel View Post

Some weaknesses

2. Can only target single targets. No aoe abilities except the knockdown.
    Repulse, Radiance (Searing Light), Cleansing fire, Purifying light, AoE between you and your target of your Mitra's Searing Eye and Divine lance, you also can feat good splash for a Smite.

PL+CF+R+R+MSE and instant splashing Smite to the right target = amazing AoE burst.
    Last edited by Aett; 24th August 2016 at 07:14.

Tos its a class , Ensifer its another.
    Шторм-кнут

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast