Thread: Old player, new to ranger

Default Old player, new to ranger

I played AoC from early access till probably a little after RotGS came out.
    I'm back an thinking about playing a ranger.

Is there any point in switching to melee weapons for close combat or is the "ranger" class more of just an archer class?

at low level (let's say until 30 or so) the melee combos hits quite hard. at high level, the only reason to switch to melee is to apply a cc (shield bash, cripple), or to finish a mob that is almost dead (and have a chance to enjoy a melee fatality).
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    at low level (let's say until 30 or so) the melee combos hits quite hard. at high level, the only reason to switch to melee is to apply a cc (shield bash, cripple), or to finish a mob that is almost dead (and have a chance to enjoy a melee fatality).
    Or in pvp, in case the target is in mellee range and low hp. I feel the mellee combo is easy to pull off quickly and does good dps. Its more immediate dps then bow, so in tight situations it can help out.