Thread: Feasible S&B tank spec?

Default Feasible S&B tank spec?

https://is.gd/gamMrW

Basically I'm a returning player, and my specs were, well, gone! So, would this be feasible for a DT with gear on the lower end, but with more than a few of the important AA's?

Thanks all! Good to be back!

It's not too bad. What gear are you using with that build, and what instances are you planning to run? Your build is a neat standard allround build, however you will do better with a specialized physical tanking build, and a specialized protection tanking build. If you got decent khitai gear, you can tank most instances in talisman spec, will yield higher damage output. Specs has been shared in other threads in this subforum, no need to discuss all the same stuff over again. Class has not changed in several years, except they removed the magic damage buff in frenzy stance.

So, my gear is a random assortment of nothing all that good. Right now I'm running around in mostly Khitai blues, with tier 1 shield, tier 2 sword (or hammer with bel's mirth), and the tier 3 belt. I'm working my way towards the tiger purple chest, just slow going gathering the rare trophies. Very slow gathering

Speaking of alternate builds, that's a great idea. So, if you're saying to have two tank builds, one with Stoneskin and the other with Iron skin, where would those 5 points best be spent? Any suggestions?

To be honest, I don't have any specific instances in mind, I'd say I'd like to run as many as is feasible. Right now, I'd say Khitai 6-mans while I gather the rare trophies, or perhaps some of the raids. Anything to gear up, really. But yeah, any suggestions you may have would be appreciated. Thanks again!
    Last edited by secondbrother; 13th August 2016 at 23:23.

With that gear you won't be tanking anything so you might as well go for a dps build, where you can use Forced Engage or Goad for emergencies to save the maintank.

High dps is important, it reduces the total damage a tank has to suffer.

For tanking you can start out with this build and when you get Void of Madness, reach 51% physical mitigation, 15% crit chance and 15% hit chance, you can start tanking stuff for real.

For gear choice, I recommend that you save your rares and don't buy the tiger chest. It's good, but the mitigation on it is pretty bad. All that work will be discarded once you get the Milites Templi chest piece. You just need to do a few raid finders so you get enough shards to buy two rare relics, and by doing those raids the simple relic iv will stack up on its own. T3.5 gear is quite good and doesn't require a lot of farming.

I wouldn't worry about protection gear until you got a sufficient physical tanking set.