Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: T5 Vistrix nerf?

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post
    If a restaurant doesn't attract (or loose) customers because they don't like the food, is it

a.) the customers' fault (as they don't want to adapt their taste) or
    b.) the chef's fault (as he doesn't/cannot prepare food many people actually like)?

All this blaming players for not applying themselves, being stupid, only wanting loot, not having any patience, lacking organization or even being of this or that nationality is, in my opinion, not a productive way of thinking.

The customer, as they say, is always right.
    So what do you want? Do you want it down to Raid Finder level of difficulty?

At least 13 guilds have killed Vistrix. Hell, last night we killed Vistrix in about an hour of "reprogression" with about 1/3 the raid having never killed it, and we haven't done T5 since last October, when T6 came out.

There are a few bugs in the fight that could use fixing, but there's nothing that prohibits raids from killing it other than their own ability.

Personally think Vistrix is a great encounter. It has a few bugs and could use a few tweaks, but it was a great experience to learn.

My observation from pugging in with a few of these guilds is that too many of them failed on this boss because T4 made them heavily reliant on tali DTs, and when they got here, where tali DTs are only of use on the port, they couldn't do it. They didn't have strong enough guards and conqs who could survive and hold enough agro to get the port circle, and any little mistake took the main tank group out. You put 4 decent conqs and guards on the boss, how is dread shadow an issue? You shouldn't ever cast one except maybe the last few % where heart of fire is spread everywhere and some people are down.

If a restaurant doesn't attract (or loose) customers because they don't like the food, is it

b.) the chef's fault (as he doesn't/cannot prepare food many people actually like)?

All this blaming players for not applying themselves, being stupid, only wanting loot, not having any patience, lacking organization or even being of this or that nationality is, in my opinion, not a productive way of thinking.

That analogy is wrong on so many levels i can't even bother ...but yeah to reply on the same level of idiocy...toothless customers don't get to eat the best steak ...

The issue isn't that the customers don't like the raid,it is they don't want to put in the effort...

Now if majority likes easy win = easy loot> move to next character,repeat ,well *sigh*

P.S :Raid finder must be Aoc's best Fast Food :o
    Last edited by -Shink-; 23rd August 2016 at 18:57.

Some people play this game to overcome challanges, some people have the mindset of relaxing after work, autopiloting. In my opinion most of the content ingame is compatible with the last mentioned. There's two raids that require abit of teamwork aswell as individual skill in the total of 7 raidtiers... I think its fair to leave the highest ones for people with the first mindset, if you wanna get that raidloot, you will have to adapt and learn, the game shouldnt adapt to their lack of skill or dedication.

buggs tho should be fixed ofc.
    Last edited by magnum92; 23rd August 2016 at 19:37.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Quote Originally Posted by magnum92 View Post
    Some people play this game to overcome challanges, some people have the mindset of relaxing after work, autopiloting. In my opinion most of the content ingame is compatible with the last mentioned. There's two raids that require abit of teamwork aswell as individual skill in the total of 7 raidtiers... I think its fair to leave the highest ones for people with the first mindset, if you wanna get that raidloot, you will have to adapt and learn, the game shouldnt adapt to their lack of skill or dedication.

This. 100 times this. Unless content is completely is completely broken and impossible to complete, it should not be nerfed except for minor tweaks.

That, and the best PvE gear SHOULD be reserved for the best raiding guilds. The ones that are able to overcome to challenges presented by a difficult boss encounter. It shouldn't be handed out to people because they feel slighted that they're not good enough to see/finish the content.

Quote Originally Posted by magnum92 View Post

Yup, gotta agree with this. Vissy is quite killable, and you don't need amazing gear to kill it, you just need 24 people that know their class and their job. Expecting to get free gear for little work is what raid finder is for.
    Resident nab at Khemi University
    Robdobsin-sin
    Robdobpom-pom, Robdobconq-conq, Robdobtos-tos, Robdobguard-guard, Robdobdt-dt, Robdobdemon-demo, Robdobp-necro, Robdobhox-hox, Robdobbarb-barb, Robdobranger-ranger
    {CircleofEternity}

I've raided in Age of Conan since early 2009 when my Barbarian first hit 80.

There has been many, many nerfs, many adjustments, and a lot of errors done by Funcom that with some more testing and adapting could have been avoided.

But always, nerfs nerfs and nerfs. Back when T2 was the big thing, it was completely soaked with bugs. Raids randomly disbanding, getting killed in an encounter made so you could not re-enter... How many times over has various stuff been done to T3 to bring difficulty down because of complaints? 4-5 adjustments and is it now 3 huge nerfs? And then both T3.5 and T4 effectively gets "pug friendly" i.e. no challenge for raiders.

The same **** will happen to T5 and eventually T6. First, reducing boss health, then reducing his damage output and perhaps remove a key mechanic. Then, a year after, remove some more and make the bosses killable by 6 people.

#justfuncomthings

Quote Originally Posted by -Shink- View Post
    That analogy is wrong on so many levels i can't even bother ...but yeah to reply on the same level of idiocy...toothless customers don't get to eat the best steak ...
    Keep it civil, friend.

@ topic
    All things said I think. Some prefer their games to be/stay "elite" and - need be - die before making it more accessible, others don't - and leave. Same old, same old.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Keep it civil, friend.

@ topic
    All things said I think. Some prefer their games to be/stay "elite" and - need be - die before making it more accessible, others don't - and leave. Same old, same old.
    And it doesn't matter if dedicated players leave, because there's nothing challenging left in game, right?
    Drunk Templar Cimmerian

What's the point to even argue with endgame raiding? We have awesome raidfinder to provide us good enough loot to do what breadcrumbs is left in game (monastery+palace and more wb+rf). Who needs t5/t6 gear for something awesome like that? (did i forget to mention pet arena?)

Where's that steak you mentioned shink??

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast