Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: T5 Vistrix nerf?

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Yes, once you nail the strats and have a fixed team on the job, it's going down every time. Change a few tanks to dps, a few dps to healers, and a few healers to tanks and rogues, and it all goes haywire.
    alt-raids are great!
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

I didn't believe the encounter was that difficult. Done right, its a very fast fight. In fact, we as a guild were doing it ~4 mins.

It does require quite a lot of situational awareness. MTs with high aggro and Healers constantly moving... port groups not being dumb... dps not spreading heart.. people actually doing bane... not getting caught in the wrong place.

Its probably just me, but I thought Champ was more annoying.. maybe because the fight takes forever and if you wipe under 15%, then it seems like the past 5-10 mins was wasted.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Vistrix requires ALL raid members to pay attention. That is the hardest part of the fight.

I don't feel it needs to be nerfed. Perhaps another 1-2 seconds on heart of fire particle before it spreads.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusLL View Post
    Funny thing is we now kill Vistrix every week but still wiping on Champion :P

Oh well, just a matter of time as usual.
    It's because everyone can wipe the raid on Champion. Vistrix is a more complex fight, but it's harder for one player to wipe it. We also had more issues with Champion than Vistrix.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderclese View Post
    Vistrix requires ALL raid members to pay attention. That is the hardest part of the fight.

I don't feel it needs to be nerfed. Perhaps another 1-2 seconds on heart of fire particle before it spreads.
    Yeah, just a heads up like at Entity's Aquiring Targets, some swirling particles that indicates you'll get Heart of Fire. Will make it easier for most people that struggle to understand this mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenarie76 View Post
    I refuse to believe you've even attempted Vistrix with that comment, that or you're trolling.
    Well believe what you want ,i was actually raid leading while attempting it,killing it and doing the painful progress and then redoing it for new people and alt raids.I am not trolling at all ,there are a couple of tactics that work in dealing with the mechanics of the fight and it all comes down to how you want to do it.The only difficulty is that the further into the fight more people are burdened with mechanics timings and doing the right thing at the right moment.If you fail one component it dominoes to the others ,sometimes you can manage,sometimes you cannot ,depending on how far into the fight you are.Sign me up for the elitist asshats team but i prefer players to learn the fight and improve their gameplay rather than making it too easy for them.

biggest problems I do see in this fight is that you cannot do it without 3 Necros using their funeral rites.
    with only 2 Necros (or even less), there are ALWAYS people dying on the minions, preferably the tank healers!

THIS should be nerfed!

we are a guild with maybe 3/4 of the raidforce being constant, maybe less - meaning every week we need to explain the tactics again to new players.
    given those circumstances, this fight is really, really hard.

not every guild has a constant 24 people raidcore - but condemn those guilds to low-level content is not fair

you do not NEED necros to deal with those adds. it's easier with a necro but any ranged class can do the job, try to pull them away from main tank group, cc them. exemples given : demos can use something else than waves of fails and use detonation/draw forth the heart to kill them fast. or poms can condemn them to die.
    Hungry Bear.
    Chamacappa - Happyshamie - Sekmheth - Oyako - Nexoxcho - and an other dozen of cripples !

Quote Originally Posted by Yorgomir View Post
    biggest problems I do see in this fight is that you cannot do it without 3 Necros using their funeral rites.
    with only 2 Necros (or even less), there are ALWAYS people dying on the minions, preferably the tank healers!

THIS should be nerfed!
    The biggest problem I see here is people calling for nerfs and making assumptions without even bothering to learn how to execute something properly.
    Not a single necro is needed to deal with the minions, first of all you can CC them, secondly what are your demos, hoxes, poms and toses doing? Thirdly, minions die fast if people don't play like headless chickens they can kill them together in no time.
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Evil Elitist Veteran Wanker ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

-- Make AoC Great Again --

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    The biggest problem I see here is people calling for nerfs and making assumptions without even bothering to learn how to execute something properly.
    Not a single necro is needed to deal with the minions, first of all you can CC them, secondly what are your demos, hoxes, poms and toses doing? Thirdly, minions die fast if people don't play like headless chickens they can kill them together in no time.
    tos/pom are trying to keep tanks alive - which already is a full-time job; they don't have spare time to play with minions
    hox is dead before even finishing ultra slow minion-oneshot combo
    demo can kill only one every second wave
    even with detonation, u still need luck to have incinerate running on the minions for the oneshot
    - they may die fast, but if my demo casts an aoe on all 4 minions, they kill me before my oneshot is halfway through...

you didn't read my post to the end, did ya?
    anyway, maybe I should have rephrased it: in a PROGRESSION raid, you need 3 necros...
    Last edited by Yorgomir; 15th August 2016 at 23:49.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast