Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minigames Abandoned

Default Minigames Abandoned

Whats the point of "minigames abandoned" stat?
    -To show how many times we disconnected thanks to the awesome funcom servers?
    -To show how many times we got into unbalanced team cause the algorithm of matchmaking in AoC is awesome?
    -To show how many times we got into a certain demo and conq team?
    i don't get it..useless stat...

A useful stat would be "assists" stat...but that is just me.

Cheers.

As any other stat visible it helps to realize what kind of people you gonna be playing with and adjust own behaviour a bit. See who probably will play no matter of what and is worth to stick with, and who gonna leave the game after getting killed 2 times or not being happy with team or whatever excuse they gonna find. Yes, there could be a certain amount of bad connection situations increasing that number, but in general it does help.

Another stat visible I'd like to see could be "Time spent in hide during mini game"
    Drunk Templar Cimmerian

Quote Originally Posted by Ocelotti View Post
    As any other stat visible it helps to realize what kind of people you gonna be playing with and adjust own behaviour a bit. See who probably will play no matter of what and is worth to stick with, and who gonna leave the game after getting killed 2 times or not being happy with team or whatever excuse they gonna find. Yes, there could be a certain amount of bad connection situations increasing that number, but in general it does help.

Another stat visible I'd like to see could be "Time spent in hide during mini game"
    that would be dicriminating for rogue classes......rangers mainly we know

They opened the stat up for viewing to try and discourage people from leaving the match.

Yeah, because it's so much better to make people not leave minigames but instead stay AFK on rezzpad / in hide somewhere instead, when someone who left the mini would give the opportunity to someone else to join.

Quote Originally Posted by Patoson View Post
    Yeah, because it's so much better to make people not leave minigames but instead stay AFK on rezzpad / in hide somewhere instead, when someone who left the mini would give the opportunity to someone else to join.
    Indeed and the worse are the ones that logoff instead of leaving the minigame. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Cropt View Post
    They opened the stat up for viewing to try and discourage people from leaving the match.
    so today I got 4 minigames abandoned cuz 3x net (in same mini) down but I logged back in 20s mini abandoned anyway and once I crashed. They should really delete it or I dunno
    Thanatonn - Tempest of Set

Knights Of Avalon

Quote Originally Posted by Ocelotti View Post

Glad you wear your nobility on your sleeve for staying in a mini to get farmed by the other team when the rest of your team is afk or in hide. Hold your head high, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillee View Post
    Glad you wear your nobility on your sleeve for staying in a mini to get farmed by the other team when the rest of your team is afk or in hide. Hold your head high, my friend.
    lol If you're not going to fight then leave the minigame and let someone else in your spot. People get farmed because they give up too easily. It's a game, you have endless lives. Your deaths mean nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Laethiel View Post
    lol If you're not going to fight then leave the minigame and let someone else in your spot. People get farmed because they give up too easily. It's a game, you have endless lives. Your deaths mean nothing.
    Sorry, but Chillee has a point. Your situation is really rare, usually those who fight back are farmed and those in hide or afk rewarded (many even have friends in enemy team or are used by big guilds or premades to manipulate the outcome, so why farm them?). In the old days there was an understanding to finish a one-sided mini as soon as possible. According to your own argumentation the farming team is guilty as well, because they are not opening spots by not finishing the mini too. Also funcom is guilty due to the change ressurection is handled, making resspadfarming A LOT easier .

You are right about the game and death part, but real life time DOES matter...and spending it helping abusive people is not a good way for many. But most actually keep fighting as long as it is fun. Here lies the problem. If it is not fun, you can then either stop signing minis (bad) or keep popping minis with the hope of a decent one where fighting is fun (those still exist) or if it is a manipulated onesided killfarm mini,....go afk and make coffee or watch tv. We should all agree that afking in minis is not good, but it will not help to blame the afkers (similar to farm mechanics), unless the system, rewards and mechanics are adressed.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 17th August 2016 at 17:48.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast