Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Raid Finder T6 - Yothians

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    Yeah the RF we did Monday night had a awesome Tos that refused to help out in the encounters but trolled the entire raid the whole time just because no one could do anything about it.
    People afk in RF can be banned,check conduct rules,though in pvp they don't..this is where i get confused.
    About giving kick option is a bad idea,because elitists would be kicking noobs xd

12 votes to get kicked might be nice. There is rarely that many "elitists" to vote kick for new players and most of the normal playerbase understands that game needs new blood. Having 1-2 tanks afk totally ruins that 1hour wait to get into raid for everyone, yet those slackers get equal loot as those who try seriously (or at least semi-hard).
    Besides, isn't "afk-farming" against game rules?

Even more fun is when the RL goes afk and all the healers are in the same two groups (not with the tanks)

Quote Originally Posted by Maly View Post
    12 votes to get kicked might be nice. There is rarely that many "elitists" to vote kick for new players and most of the normal playerbase understands that game needs new blood. Having 1-2 tanks afk totally ruins that 1hour wait to get into raid for everyone, yet those slackers get equal loot as those who try seriously (or at least semi-hard).
    Besides, isn't "afk-farming" against game rules?
    One way to do it would be to give you a debuff when you vote to kick someone so you can't vote again and/or if your vote doesn't get up, it then does a vote to kick the person doing the vote.

They need to do something to combat the trolls, afk leachers and the plain on stupid people.

It'd also be good to know what people signed up as (again, could be a debuff). That way you know which soldiers actually signed up and should be tanking likewise for healers. There are many times when soldiers sign as DPS and end up having to tank because the ones that signed as tanks are how do I put it, not worthy of being in a T1 let alone T3+

Quote Originally Posted by yyema View Post
    One way to do it would be to give you a debuff when you vote to kick someone so you can't vote again and/or if your vote doesn't get up, it then does a vote to kick the person doing the vote.
    This is seriously way too complicated. Half the people you meet in a RF raid will have trouble sitting the right way on a toilet seat. We'd end up with keeping the troll and kicking the person who initiated vote
    Echotun - DT

I think we're much better off just getting rid of/super nerfing all the mechanics. Bombs on second boss is still way to dangerous. I'd rather see them just hurt our feelings a little, not our health.

Make the RF raids more "Fast in Fast Out". Will be much less complaining etc. And it's not like they aren't already getting robbed of the actual experience of doing the encounter for real, so...

So like, "ooops, I spread miasma. Oh well, 1k dmg to 3 people, damn sry. Moving on"

If you're gonna invite monkeys to the party, then it's best to serve bananas, is all im saying
    Echotun - DT

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemer View Post
    I think we're much better off just getting rid of/super nerfing all the mechanics. Bombs on second boss is still way to dangerous. I'd rather see them just hurt our feelings a little, not our health.

Make the RF raids more "Fast in Fast Out". Will be much less complaining etc. And it's not like they aren't already getting robbed of the actual experience of doing the encounter for real, so...

So like, "ooops, I spread miasma. Oh well, 1k dmg to 3 people, damn sry. Moving on"

If you're gonna invite monkeys to the party, then it's best to serve bananas, is all im saying
    RF should be world boss level diffculty but loot should be world boss level as well. And here is where fc struggled: giving out much too good loot and justifying it by difficulty were veterans are needed to carry everyone and their mother through the encouter...

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemer View Post

I think they are fine as they are. Not to easy so experienced and better geared players get bored. Not to hard so new players can do 'em after a good tactic explanation. When you join a normal random raid the first thing raidleader asks is if there are new players around and explains the tactic so everybody, even the experienced players, knows what to do. Why should this not happen on a raidfinder raid? I was in a few raidfinder raids and all what people said was: "ffs pull", while some others tried to explain what to do to prevent a wipe. I'm sure that those "ffs pull" people never get an invite in a normal raid because they're well known wipe causers. What i try to say, when nobody says just the words: "run out on miasma and stay away from the others', then exactly that will happen, i saw even experienced players spread miasma.
    Es ist noch kein Meister vom Himmel gefallen, aber schon sehr viele vom Barhocker.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill13 View Post
    ...When you join a normal random raid the first thing raidleader asks is if there are new players around and explains the tactic so everybody, even the experienced players, knows what to do. Why should this not happen on a raidfinder raid? ...
    The key words here are "normal random raid" and "raidleader". The raidfinder is not player organized content, and I think it is way to much to expect random players to lead such content. Sure, there are some dedicated friendly people (and by people I mean veterans) out there who actually lead raidfinder raids - explain in raidchat, post scripts, give out tasks to certain classes or people, or even have guildies in voice com and coordinate key roles together...but...you only end up in those raids if you are lucky. Most of the time some random guy gets the raidlead, and isn't even able to pass it on. Then three people try to ccordinate, 50% of the raid doens't even read the raidchat, and in the middle of a hastely typed explanation the known troll pulles the boss. Then you wipe until shamebuff V.

To answer your question: You can not expect this to happen on a raidfinder because nobody willingly opened the raid, there is no raidleader, just a random guy who happens to get the star.

Implement a vote/kick option. Like 75% vote to kick someone - he gets kicked. Done. We need it to be able to get rid of trolls.

The problem, more than "elitists", is people who, be noobs or not, do not pay attention or care at all about RL explanation. It has happened to me in a few raids I've led in this raidfinder week. I give a thorough explanation of the fight and assign roles to people, and then they do the opposite and when I say something they go with the excuse "sorry I'm new here".

Maybe what Funcom should do is add intermitent fluorescent lights to raid chat when RL is writing, maybe that would make some people pay attention.

On a more serious note, RF and WB do the opposite of attracting new people to "high-end" content. These encounter versions are nerfed to the ground, but, most importantly, dumbed down, and you can ignore half of the mechanics, kill the bosses very fast and easily, and get quite good loot for this little effort, especially when you can do it all day long.

People start yelling "elitism" when you talk about guilds, talk bad about the RF or WB, or when (AA,EXP) appears, but this game was never designed for playing solo, it's based around guilds, which are also the best place for a beginner to meet people and learn the game's content with guildies. If these stubborn newbies would just join a guild that can show them the game, like we all did, they would stop complaining and finally learn the encounters and how to play.

The worst part of the RF is, just like the Arena, that it offers the best rings (necklaces in the case of the Arena) to anyone who has the time to grind, with little skill involved, and it's freaking repetitive and boring.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast