Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RF vs Real Raid strats

The whole raidfinder stuff is a real joke to be honest, 90% of all players there don't care a bit, some people are so desperate to get the loot they write scripts that makes them use runes so that they don't get kicked for being AFK the whole time.
    Explaining tactics is useless in most cases, no one will read and more importantly: no one will care. One year ago when RF launched I wanted to explain T3 tactics to people but I got told by players who didn't know Edit by Anzu: Nothing. about anything in the game that they don't care at all and just want to play.

Raidfinder created monsters of players, a lot of people there don't know anything about the game, yet claiming to be the best players because they got the T4 gear and a legendary ring. I did one RF yesterday and there was this T4 geared guard that only did white hits and rarely a combo now and then. When I asked in raid chat that he should use combo attacks and his other abilities people even defended him, saying that this is his "playstyle", how dare I tell him how to play the game and I should Anzu: Leave them alone. with my elitism Anzu: Attitude.. Yeah. What. The. Actual. Anzu: Heck..

These T4 freeloot relics just made bad players have good gear, but most of them don't know a bit about the game and still pretend to be very good because they got them gearzz. I saw a few of these people join real T4 raids or group dungeons and they failed so miserably it was ridiculous. They got crushed hard by reality.

I am not against people who have no idea about encounters and stuff like that, I tell them what they should do and what is needed to be done to beat bosses or just give advices to make things easier, but if I get answers like "Anzu: Leave me alone!" from people who's brain capacity is miles below the one of my Anzu: Darling? 15 years old cat I get a little bit angry.
    (That cat reference was just a joke, she is actually quiet smart)
    Last edited by Anzu; 28th April 2017 at 10:58.

xCodename, conversing with characters who use white hits instead of combos in RF instances is similar to talking to a social "justice warrior" with fat acceptance about his or her being unhealthy. Raidfinder was created mostly for people who will never listen to anything and do anything the Planet-Fitness style: in the "judgement-free zone" (though Planet Fitness drops that hyphen, making the slogan look ludicrous).

Funcom, as I have said before, stabbed Conan in the back and left him in his own pool of blood, pointing fingers at him, laughing at his being "severe and harsh"; and people, seeing this, cachinnated along, pointing their oily flabby fingers at the muscular body that is gasping for air.

Alas, I digress. "Elitism" is a word used by egaliterian children, in the mental sense of this word, whose ideal world is abundant in people who are either more silly or equal to them. Whoever uses this epithet to find faults with others should be automatically ignored, kicked from the raid, and never remembered again, xCodename.

Now, back on the topic. Strategy requires reading or listening skills. Reading for the general concourse participating in RF is "elitism". Listening requires some attention span from the golden fish that play the RF (therefore, forget about it). You can, however, entertain yourself with writing it for your own kind: the kind that actually plays the game.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by tronkita View Post
    More powers should be given to the RL, perhaps the power to kick people or to start a votacion to kick somebody from the raid, or to spam a big poster in front of somebody with the instructions. Or maybe just add the possibility to sign to the RF as a raid, so that we can hand pick players and start it.
    The power to kick people or something like that is too much power for a raidfinder raidleader. It is bad enough that the player who rhymes with "Atchis" and always votes to be raidleader pulls all healers in one group and goes afk most of the time - and does not get banned or whatever as it seems.

A vote kick option was suggested again and again. It would be so easy. Start vote - if 3/4 choose kick the player gets kicked - if he gets kicked X times he gets banned from the raidfinder for X days/weeks - if he got X raidfinder banns he gets banned from the game for X days/weeks. Implement the same in minigames, customer satisfaction rises by 1000%, boom.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    xCodename, conversing with characters who use white hits instead of combos in RF instances is similar to talking to a social "justice warrior" with fat acceptance about his or her being unhealthy. Raidfinder was created mostly for people who will never listen to anything and do anything the Planet-Fitness style: in the "judgement-free zone" (though Planet Fitness drops that hyphen, making the slogan look ludicrous).
    Yeah SJWs infested AoC too lol

Seriously, I am all for guild loyalty but it stops at the point where people start defending players that farm worldboss for like 3 years, Raidfinder for 1 whole year every day and still haven't figured out how to perform combo attacks. Some of them even pay for premium... why would I pay money to press "2" continuously?
    And worst of all is when they get confronted with reality, this said person with 3 Worldboss weapons, almost full T3.5 set joined one of my Chaos groups once... he wasn't able to find the center in a circular room. Do I need to say more?

Funcom made rf the only way to get shards. And new social pets. I'd rather see shards added to the relics drops on all the tier raids so that you aren't 'forced' to do rf weekly for the rings and gems, but we have what we got.

When sixmans and pug raids get advertised its generally for 'exp and geared players'. Group and pug raid leaders CAN boot nonperformers. Or afkers.

And the legendary cloaks are only available through the world boss. Plus more social pets.

No one forces everyone else to do world boss or raid finder. No one forces raid leaders or group leaders to take someone who doesn't know their class or the fight and train them which end of their weapon to hit with.

At least rf/wb gives people a reason to log on and spend time in the game. And you can see some mechanics in t6 via raid finder that might not be watchable in a real t6 raid just because you aren't as likely to die when they go off (sand storm, blades, etc).

Funcom basically 'forces' people to do rf and wb if they want the legendary rings/gems (beyond chaos gems) and cloaks. I doubt they will change things now.

This thread is highly entertaining...please remind me what happened when people said all that before it actually came in game ..oh yeah "elitist idiots ,want all loot for themselves" ,funcom this is a good thing,do it !We are drowning in the sh1t majority of players wanted in game !FOR THE LOOT. Keep having "Fun" .

I was under the assumption 95% of the players left were illiterate if not blind anyway.
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube
    THE IVORY TOWER - QQ - Schlenkerla/Hersch

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    The whole raidfinder stuff is a real joke to be honest, 90% of all players there don't care a bit, some people are so desperate to get the loot they write scripts that makes them use runes so that they don't get kicked for being AFK the whole time.
    Explaining tactics is useless in most cases, no one will read and more importantly: no one will care. One year ago when RF launched I wanted to explain T3 tactics to people but I got told by players who didn't know Edit by Anzu: Nothing. about anything in the game that they don't care at all and just want to play.

Raidfinder created monsters of players, a lot of people there don't know anything about the game, yet claiming to be the best players because they got the T4 gear and a legendary ring. I did one RF yesterday and there was this T4 geared guard that only did white hits and rarely a combo now and then. When I asked in raid chat that he should use combo attacks and his other abilities people even defended him, saying that this is his "playstyle", how dare I tell him how to play the game and I should Anzu: Leave them alone. with my elitism Anzu: Attitude.. Yeah. What. The. Actual. Anzu: Heck..

These T4 freeloot relics just made bad players have good gear, but most of them don't know a bit about the game and still pretend to be very good because they got them gearzz. I saw a few of these people join real T4 raids or group dungeons and they failed so miserably it was ridiculous. They got crushed hard by reality.

I am not against people who have no idea about encounters and stuff like that, I tell them what they should do and what is needed to be done to beat bosses or just give advices to make things easier, but if I get answers like "Anzu: Leave me alone!" from people who's brain capacity is miles below the one of my Anzu: Darling? 15 years old cat I get a little bit angry.
    Could have not said this better, have a cookie.
    on a side note. Why in the **** is there a need to censor words, thought this game was mature?

The feeling when play game meant for teen aged people, but can actually type what you want, but not in Conan. simply stunning..
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post

I'd like to know which rf's you get where the people are like that, because in the ones I get 95% of the time, if someone asks for strats they get ignored, get berated by the t4 rf warriors who can't play their classes out of a paper bag for asking for strats *gasp*, or by t5/t6 people for not knowing stuff, get told to go insert something somewhere, etc. To the point I skip entire weeks (I only hit once a week anyway when I actually bother with them) of rf because it feels like I'm sitting in a f*cking kindergarten classroom.

RF could have been a great thing if tactics were kept the same and there was a vote-to-kick option (and a cooldown so you dont have people LIVING in raidfinder all day), but did anyone really expect Funcom to be on the ball with something for this game for once??
    Semi-Retired
    Wiccana RP Forever
    Forum Stalker
    Forum PvPer

Quote Originally Posted by Alethia View Post
    RF could have been a great thing if tactics were kept the same and there was a vote-to-kick option (and a cooldown so you dont have people LIVING in raidfinder all day), but did anyone really expect Funcom to be on the ball with something for this game for once??
    If there was a cooldown you wouldn't get enough players for it after the first few days.Tactics are the same ,the fact people can just ignore mechanics and do whatever is another issue.I have never seen anything more retarded than RF Whisperer+Yothians "tactics".RF would be a great thing if it wasn't in the game and all khitai,unchained and DS 6man instances rewarded shards plus normal raids rewarded shards.That would spark up activity and creating teams etc etc.But no lets solo play and be cretid card warriors.Seeing "bought" lvl 80 tanks with full t4 from rf unable to tank anything is "fun"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast