Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RF vs Real Raid strats

most of people can't even read. what do you expect?

There also is language barrier.

RF Lady and the lotus fight
    I know they have removed several aspects of the fight for the raid finder version of this fight. What I am wondering is if they have changed for RF what triggers Lady Zelandra to heal Heng and Neesa.

As I understand the non-RF version: when one miniboss reaches 75% and sits, Lady Z teleports to the centre of the room, casts "Transfer Energy" and then starts casting "Gift of Ishtar", this heals the two miniboss. She does this even if nobody damages her.

Is this the same in RF?

I ask because people are blaming players who go and damage Lady Z whilst one miniboss has not reached 75% for triggering the heal. Has anyone observed the fight closely enough to see if Lady Z's Gift of Ishtar does not heal if she is not touched by dps?

I do understand that people type "don't dps Lady until both are sitting" because they want the WHOLE raid to run over and get the second boss to 75% quickly before going to Lady Z so we can do max dps on lady Z as both shields are removed & before she starts her healing cast ... However, people who don't know the mechanics of the nonRF version thinks this means "our dps on Lady Z heals the minibosses" and start abusing those who dps Lady Z when one miniboss is standing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladihawke View Post
    RF Lady and the lotus fight
    I know they have removed several aspects of the fight for the raid finder version of this fight. What I am wondering is if they have changed for RF what triggers Lady Zelandra to heal Heng and Neesa.

As I understand the non-RF version: when one miniboss reaches 75% and sits, Lady Z teleports to the centre of the room, casts "Transfer Energy" and then starts casting "Gift of Ishtar", this heals the two miniboss. She does this even if nobody damages her.

Is this the same in RF?

I ask because people are blaming players who go and damage Lady Z whilst one miniboss has not reached 75% for triggering the heal. Has anyone observed the fight closely enough to see if Lady Z's Gift of Ishtar does not heal if she is not touched by dps?

I do understand that people type "don't dps Lady until both are sitting" because they want the WHOLE raid to run over and get the second boss to 75% quickly before going to Lady Z so we can do max dps on lady Z as both shields are removed & before she starts her healing cast ... However, people who don't know the mechanics of the nonRF version thinks this means "our dps on Lady Z heals the minibosses" and start abusing those who dps Lady Z when one miniboss is standing.
    The point is not stop attacking lady but attacking the remaining mini boss to 75%. If the whole raid is doing this, we can still out dps the heal actually. So the blaming is still valid...and it is better to burn heng to 75 first and dps neesa later, cos it is impossible to brutal burn heng to 75 with that kb cast.
    Henryx Guardian
    Henryau Pom
    Henryz Barb
    Henryuki Hox
    Henryn Necro
    Crom
    - Henryx Age of Conan Youtube -
    - Henryx Age of Conan Blog -

you are correct, once she starts casting "Gift of Ishtar" doesnt matter if dps hit her shes going to heal both mini bosses weather they are sitting or not, in RF and the real version

Quote Originally Posted by henryabccba View Post
    The point is not stop attacking lady but attacking the remaining mini boss to 75%. If the whole raid is doing this, we can still out dps the heal actually. So the blaming is still valid...and it is better to burn heng to 75 first and dps neesa later, cos it is impossible to brutal burn heng to 75 with that kb cast.
    Increasingly people are BLAMING other players for TRIGGERING the healing phase by doing damage to Lady Z ... ie YOU PLAYER X who went to Lady Z before other miniboss sat down MADE Lady Z start healing the minibosses.... and I wanted to establish that this is NOT true ..Funcom did NOT change the mechanic to make it that PLAYER-damage/debuff/proximity on Lady Z causes the healing to start. There really is enough hostility in the RFs without accusations based on a falsehood.

If the difference is 1-3% off 75% then of course the raid can burn the other to 75% in the time available..so a rush over from miniboss starting to sit down to the standing one before heading to Lady Z is the first action. However, I've been in many RFs where the difference between the two minibosses when one has sat down is so big, that all players dpsing the one miniboss still standing can not bring it to 75% before Lady Z out heals the dps ... I've diligently stayed with the crowd dpsing the standing add and watched it jump up in 3% intervals whilst we take it down 1% ... in that situation it is a lost cause ... and the raid needs to realise this and either do some dps on Lady Z whilst Gift is still casting or if the cast is over split up and fight BOTH adds together. Frequently it doesn't happen and the other miniboss stands back up and it runs to the other miniboss or maybe 2-3 ppl realise it's active go fight it where they had before but the majority stay on the miniboss they had been trying to get to sit and again we have the big % imbalance ...leading to rinse & repeat failure...with questions of "why did it start healing?" & "who's fault is it?".
    This week after wipes in raids like this, when I & others in the raid have explained WHY it's important to get them to 75% close together IE that the heal will happen very quickly after one miniboss sits down and it's part of Lady Z cast rotation and NOT triggered by a player ...then usually we have a success ... it's a lack of understanding of the fight and hence I wanted to check I & others weren't wrong in the information we were giving out.

Re: getting Heng to 75% and doing hard burn on Neesa ...I am presuming you did mean some DPS on Neesa but more on Heng so Neesa will be at about 85%? 80%? or lower when Heng sits ... well every RF is a random assortment of players ...you might get a raid of strongly-geared high dps players that could do a huge burn in the available 5 seconds or into one mostly filled by less geared, lower dps players who will need many rounds to take Lady Z to 25% and risk exceeding the extended raid-wipe timer and have no hope of doing the type of dps required. So setting a strat that requires a mass burn on one miniboss after the other has sat down is also flawed when you can't know you will have that burn.... remember, every second you have to burn the second miniboss to 75% when one is sitting is one less second you have to dps Lady Z.
    Last edited by Ladihawke; 27th April 2017 at 14:32.

Raid Finder is infested with clueless players, many of which have no intention of ever wanting to learn proper strats, just wanting to brainlessly go through the content, wiping as many times as needed to get buffs to eventually kill boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    Raid Finder is infested with clueless players, many of which have no intention of ever wanting to learn proper strats, just wanting to brainlessly go through the content, wiping as many times as needed to get buffs to eventually kill boss.
    This is not exactly true imo. There is no raid leader laying out the strats in voice chat when you're in RF, and even if there were, the raid leader might not know what's required. If you've never been there before and ask for help, all you usually get is the flip response "Don't die". Sometimes, the RF raid leader will organize groups in a coherent manner, but more often than not, you just get what you get. No one makes assignments, so in cases where a tank needs to kite a boss, you hope someone will step up and do it. More often than not, even if they do, they don't announce it in raid so you can be certain it's being looked after properly. And if you are the kiting tank, you hope someone will pitch in with heals, but there's no guarantee. When groups need to split up for different bosses, the groups are typically not assigned and people try to go where they need to be.

So, it's not that people intentionally do not want to learn the strats, there's just no place to go to find them, or anyone to help them out. I have been lucky on occasion and had someone whisper me some good advice, but with no voice chat, it's pretty near impossible to get any clarification on what's happening while the fight is on.

Still, despite these limitations, I find that more and more RFs are one-shot or two-shot on some bosses, so it seems to me there is a slowly growing awareness of how to do the fights.

That's not quite true: I will try and explain strats to those who ask for help, either in raid chat or in tells. But if no one says 'never been here before, what do I do?' then if you offer help half the time you get people irked because they 'know everything already'.

Like Gwart pointed, people who do not read the raid chat is not going to read the forums.

Sometimes i sign as RL to sort the groups, give roles to the players, explain ... but the reality is that few players care about reading the chat or following your instructions.

More powers should be given to the RL, perhaps the power to kick people or to start a votacion to kick somebody from the raid, or to spam a big poster in front of somebody with the instructions. Or maybe just add the possibility to sign to the RF as a raid, so that we can hand pick players and start it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast