Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can i get any gear with the gold-cap?

Default can i get any gear with the gold-cap?

as vet lifetime "the secret world" player and also TLJ series i want to try the game now that we can play the expansion as b2p.

my only question is about the gold cap:

can i get any gear\armor tier and craft metrial with the existing cap or the cap mean i can only get to some level and still be behind the best items because of the tier.

also, what are the gold price for each tier item?

thanks.
    james crow.

It is a bit harder to buy crafted gear now while being free-to-play. Crafters and buyers alike are giving up on their ideas. However, if you do see an item you want that is over 10 gold, then you have to talk to the crafter, ask him to remove the item from sale, and send money from different characters. Plus, people do not run a lot of groups or raids, opting for Funcom's way of saying goodbye to the game (raidfinder). You can either be part of the flock and get gear for free without effort (just type /follow and eat your favorite meal in front of the screen to get the best rewards), which is not recommended, or try much harder now to get gear from normal raiding. You cannot buy Khitan gear, but raid gear is quite accessible. I think you can buy T1-T5 gear with the gold cap, but T6 main pieces will not be accessible.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

You can buy from any player via direct trade for any amount, if you use a workaround to keep more than 10g available.
    You can not trade on the trader with other players for more than 10g or buy such things. Everything you earn over 10g will go into a special pocket, that becomes only accessible, when you go premium.
    You can buy nothing from npc vendors that costs more than 10g. This includes advanced riding and upwards.

About the tiers, you are limited at end tiers, i am 100% sure you can buy t1-t3 raid gear and maybe some t3,5 to t4 pieces. Pretty sure t5+ is mostly over 10g per piece, but if the aoc>tv website is still up, you can find item screenshots with value and price there. PvP tiers for most armor is buyable for under 10g too, but i am not sure about the final tier and weapons.

But if you want to play, nothing hinders you to grind tokens and money as f2p, then go premium for a month to buy and then go f2p again.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 29th July 2016 at 06:40.

Quote Originally Posted by jamescrowx View Post
    as vet lifetime "the secret world" player and also TLJ series i want to try the game now that we can play the expansion as b2p.

my only question is about the gold cap:

can i get any gear\armor tier and craft metrial with the existing cap or the cap mean i can only get to some level and still be behind the best items because of the tier.

also, what are the gold price for each tier item?

thanks.
    james crow.
    Tbh f2p can do most things now. T1-T5 Gear is all purchasable, excluding the t5 rune. All raids are accessible, so as an f2p the game is much more fun, im seeing more and more players turn f2p since they no longer need premium for the gear. Crafted gearis rarely used at lvl 80 tbh, but if you really want some there are ways to get around it. There are certain items like the pit masters arena necks, the vanaheim rings, and some khitai pieces, that do cost more than 10G, but there are good alternativez
    Resident nab at Khemi University
    Robdobsin-sin
    Robdobpom-pom, Robdobconq-conq, Robdobtos-tos, Robdobguard-guard, Robdobdt-dt, Robdobdemon-demo, Robdobp-necro, Robdobhox-hox, Robdobbarb-barb, Robdobranger-ranger
    {CircleofEternity}

you can buy t5 rune i thing, you need to reach the gold cap and spend all of it i think
    Hungry Bear.
    Chamacappa - Happyshamie - Sekmheth - Oyako - Nexoxcho - and an other dozen of cripples !

You don't need to buy any gear. All the crap you can possibly need drops from extremely easy fights.

You also shouldn't play this game because it's bad for your health.

the T1 items cost all 2g (weapons included)
    the T2 items cost all 3g (weapons included)
    the T3 items cost all 5g (weapons included)
    the T4 armor cost 7g (weapons 10g)
    the T5 items cost all 8g (weapons 12g)
    ofc you can also drop these items and you dont need necessary buy them, technically you can be full T6.

the only items that you are really precluded are the khitai vendor's items (boots, wrists, chest, helm, rings, necks, capes and weapons).
    Arena's neck and Vanaheim's rings too!

Quote Originally Posted by zujilin View Post
    the T1 items cost all 2g (weapons included)
    the T2 items cost all 3g (weapons included)
    the T3 items cost all 5g (weapons included)
    the T4 armor cost 7g (weapons 10g)
    the T5 items cost all 8g (weapons 12g)
    ofc you can also drop these items and you dont need necessary buy them, technically you can be full T6.

the only items that you are really precluded are the khitai vendor's items (boots, wrists, chest, helm, rings, necks, capes and weapons).
    Arena's neck and Vanaheim's rings too!
    t6 chest and legs don't drop, you have to buy them from the vendor, and they cost 15 gold each
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by Cappa View Post
    you can buy t5 rune i thing, you need to reach the gold cap and spend all of it i think
    Oh I thought rune was 15G, maybe im just forgetful
    Resident nab at Khemi University
    Robdobsin-sin
    Robdobpom-pom, Robdobconq-conq, Robdobtos-tos, Robdobguard-guard, Robdobdt-dt, Robdobdemon-demo, Robdobp-necro, Robdobhox-hox, Robdobbarb-barb, Robdobranger-ranger
    {CircleofEternity}

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    t6 chest and legs don't drop, you have to buy them from the vendor, and they cost 15 gold each
    I did not know why they are not yet being farming T6, thanks for info. I I correct, he can be full or T5 or T6 except chest and legs

Quote Originally Posted by Robdobp View Post
    Oh I thought rune was 15G, maybe im just forgetful
    runes cost as much as weapons, 10g but you must have completed all the T5 to be able to buy them!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast