Thread: Old player returning (kinda)

Default Old player returning (kinda)

He all,

I played AoC at beta and some time after that. I had one lvl 80 Cimmerian Ranger called Rollo. I used to be in the Gunderman clan. I never finished the destiny quest (only needed the final quest), but found the game boring in the end.

Now it has been around 7 years (or longer) since i last played this game.

I did like PvP, but want to start to have PvE fun. Is there much content I can do. I plan to start over, but I kinda don't know which class. I am thinking maybe an aqualonion or cimmerian Barbarian.

Is Barbarian a good class (looking for 1-handed combat).

Thanks all. I just finished DL'ing which took me entire night. And dang, the music is still great to listen at.

Welcome back! I'm just getting back into it myself. There is a TON to do PVE wise now a days.
    I'm starting up a small group of returning players from my old guild. Let me know if you want to group up sometime!

Quote Originally Posted by wooteknoot View Post
    He all,

I played AoC at beta and some time after that. I had one lvl 80 Cimmerian Ranger called Rollo. I used to be in the Gunderman clan. I never finished the destiny quest (only needed the final quest), but found the game boring in the end.

Now it has been around 7 years (or longer) since i last played this game.

I did like PvP, but want to start to have PvE fun. Is there much content I can do. I plan to start over, but I kinda don't know which class. I am thinking maybe an aqualonion or cimmerian Barbarian.

Is Barbarian a good class (looking for 1-handed combat).

Thanks all. I just finished DL'ing which took me entire night. And dang, the music is still great to listen at.

barbarians are ok using dual wield (1h) They do a bit more dps this way but they get more survivability on 2h stance. So most good barbs will switch back and forth to utilize both. Someone else who plays barb as a main may be able to offer better insight than me on that class. I have a barb and it was ok. Not my favorite class but not terrible.

If you're looking for a good starting class to help you get a feel for the game again that utilizes 1h and is effective in pve I would suggest one of the soldier classes. Dark templar is very good in pve and utilizes one handed weaponry. This class used to be highly gimped but has since taken over the lead role in main tanking since it was revamped awhile ago.

Next in rank would be the guardian, A good sword and shield combo is good for tanking though many guardians nowadays prefer the use of a polearm. I have always preferred my sword and shield on my guard and it is still effective when done right.

And of course the conqueror. You can utilize dual wield 1 handers and be an effective class in pve and pvp. This is a very strong pvp class.

all in all barbs have their strengths and weaknesses but since you haven't played in awhile I suggest going with a soldier class personally. They will offer you more survivability so you don't die constantly trying to get your feet wet again.

Oh and make sure you roll on Crom pve. you will find no PVE on Fury. Those are your only two choices currently

Good luck and welcome back

Thanks all. I did some youtube and google search on the classes, and I think Conqueror will be a great class to try. I was curious about assassin and other rogue classes but then I though: I always play rogue classes.

So it's time for something different. I will make either a cimmerian or Aqualonian conqueror.

I am on the fence to sub for the game. I will first try for free and then decide whether to go premium or not.

see you all on https://cinemania-cdn.s3.amazonaws.c...Crom-Conan.jpg

Just here tomake sure someone said it: Be aware that a conq is a tank, and that groups will expext you to tank if necessary. Tanking requieres some more knowledge about game mechanics than pure dpsing. There will be people who will tell you you can easily group up as a pure dps as a conq, but the higher the level the more people will expect you to be able to fullfill both roles equaliy good.
    Not saing this to let you down, but to prepare you for the battlefield

Quote Originally Posted by Feadara View Post
    Just here tomake sure someone said it: Be aware that a conq is a tank, and that groups will expext you to tank if necessary. Tanking requieres some more knowledge about game mechanics than pure dpsing. There will be people who will tell you you can easily group up as a pure dps as a conq, but the higher the level the more people will expect you to be able to fullfill both roles equaliy good.
    Not saing this to let you down, but to prepare you for the battlefield
    Never tanked in my (mmo) life before. But I will learn the tanking bussiness before I hit 80 (i hope). Lots of tutorials luckily

Quote Originally Posted by wooteknoot View Post
    Never tanked in my (mmo) life before. But I will learn the tanking bussiness before I hit 80 (i hope). Lots of tutorials luckily
    Don't worry too much about it. Conqs are generally considered "off tanks" or assistants to the main tank. Nobody will expect you to come out of the gate main tanking raid bosses. Just take it in stride as you go. I have met conqs of both colors. Conqs who like to tank/off tank and conqs who prefer to just do dps. Conqs are a solid dps class nowadays when utilized properly.