Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: It is happening...

With regard to PuG raids getting clueless players & taking a long time to fill; simple fix ~ DON'T PuG RAID . You are welcome. As you were.

I don't think it's a difficult concept. Just raid in-guild .

Quote Originally Posted by Reinauer View Post
    With regard to PuG raids getting clueless players & taking a long time to fill; simple fix ~ DON'T PuG RAID . You are welcome. As you were.

I don't think it's a difficult concept. Just raid in-guild .
    You gonna tell me how to fix world hunger too?
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Well it was said to pvpers when minigame queue was changed. Like 'you have tournament mode so dont play pug and call your guildies'. So now its said to raiders. All is fine.
    Last edited by Jerohn; 26th July 2016 at 03:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    You gonna tell me how to fix world hunger too?
    Like the Boss http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps11edc146.png
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post

As I said, the fights would need to be reworked to become an easier version and not simply cut down everything to make it just a tank and spank fight... but let's be honest, this would have never happened... we are talking about work... a word that FC can't connect to AoC.
    Not only shouldn't they rework anything; there's no need to make an "easier version" ~ the rewards vs gain take an obscene amount of time and the random dragon-tear drop that people get is not game-breaking. Some of us appreciate the mindless grind to higher tier gear.

And to be honest; the angry players who start crying in these RF groups need to stay away from RF groups if it's that much of a life-altering event for them/you. Sometimes I like to just chill and tank/spank. I appreciate the RF.

As for ;
    Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    I think some don't even know there is a raid chat...
    Sound very pretentious on your part. I don't like the Elitest mentality that this thread is based on. Boo

Quote Originally Posted by Reinauer View Post
    I don't like the Elitest mentality that this thread is based on. Boo
    Simple fix ~ DON'T READ IT, DON'T POST IN IT . You are welcome. As you were.

I don't think it's a difficult concept. Just stay away.

And yes, giving endgame gear(*) away for no efford, to afk players, is kind of game breaking. Not right now, everyone is busy, veterans carrying newbies and everyome through the raidfinder raids, everyone doing this lame content - because of the insanly high rewards, because of the rings, because it is easy accessable content if you do not have the time or do not want to group or raid for various reasons.

But they are there, players, new ones or those which never raided befor, and they have end game gear, and they think they are ready for real raids. Nothing in the game tells them that they are not, there is absolutly no learning curve form "I can quest on my own in the open world" to a real T3, 3,4 , 4, hell even T2. And they CRASH into a wall when they join their first real raid, and this wall are we veteran players. WE have to tell them they do not contribute anything usefull to a group or raid, WE have to kick them from groups and raids they are absolutly not ready for, and of course we have to teach them. Which was never ever a problem for me, I really love(ed) to teach newbies everything about the game and raiding.
    The thing is: With implementing such good gear for nothing FC dumped a really big problem on raidleader and guilds and groups, in the long run. The game will not tell new players their limits - other players have too. Which was the case befor, but to a much lesser extend.

All this new things are for "new players to faster be ready to join higher raids". This failed. A player geared up by worldboss, raidfinder and item shop is not ready for T4,5,6. In fact, no raidforce or raidleader wants them or will take them with them. This is not elitist, but realistic. You can not teach a new player how to play his class, do decent dps, tank or heal, and everything you need to know for a raid in T4,5,6.
    But having the gear the new players expect to be taken into this raids. I know that, I meet them. This is very unhealthy for the community. But as we know FC doesn't want the community to be strong and handle itself - otherwise they would have trusted us long ago with tools like minigame vote/kick, and they would have implemented a vote/kick system into the raidfinder.

(Yep, T4 is endgame gear, look at the number of guilds or people who have access to T5 and T6.)

Even if it is "elitist", is that a bad thing? No. I love to be led by talented people and let them decide what to do in the game. Elitism is good for any complex game. Is tanking-and-spanking and not having an effort to gain something bad? Yes. This promotes unhealthy desire to gain more with less effort in a chain reaction that extrapolates far beyond even the game.

As for solution, urging veterans and casual players who actually love to play the game (not to be confused with "casuals" used in the sense of "the ADHD gratification mob") not to join the raid-finder is impossible (that would not solve anything either: Funcom would simplify the game and reward players even more if that happens). I just chose my own path: skipping world bosses, raid finders, arenas, and trying to milk the last fun out of the game as Funcom milks the money and ADHD subscriptions out of it. This is sad reality.

What fun was taken out? Evito and Halfdead have already pointed it out: PUG raids (real ones) are harder to fill and happen more rarely. Crafting becomes even more nonprofitable (yes, there are people who craft in this game: I know some of you ignore it). People who have done only RF will stick to RF and WB and not raid in real raids.

I said long ago that Saddur would drop full T4 sets along with his key. This time is not far (replace "T4" with "T6" now), but I suspect the item shop will be involved in that somehow (Saddur's Key to T6 Chest - 12,000 Funcom Points).
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 26th July 2016 at 05:41.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Even if it is "elitist", is that a bad thing? No. I love to be led by talented people and let them decide what to do in the game. Elitism is good for any complex game. Is tanking-and-spanking and not having an effort to gain something bad? Yes. This promotes unhealthy desire to gain more with less effort in a chain reaction that extrapolates far beyond even the game.

As for solution, urging veterans and casual players who actually love to play the game (not to be confused with "casuals" used in the sense of "the ADHD gratification mob") not to join the raid-finder is impossible (that would not solve anything either: Funcom would simplify the game and reward players even more if that happens). I just chose my own path: skipping world bosses, raid finders, arenas, and trying to milk the last fun out of the game as Funcom milks the money and ADHD subscriptions out of it. This is sad reality.

What fun was taken out? Evito and Halfdead have already pointed it out: PUG raids (real ones) are harder to fill and happen more rarely. Crafting becomes even more nonprofitable (yes, there are people who craft in this game: I know some of you ignore it). People who have done only RF will stick to RF and WB and not raid in real raids.

I said long ago that Saddur would drop full T4 sets along with his key. This time is not far (replace "T4" with "T6" now), but I suspect the item shop will be involved in that somehow (Saddur's Key to T6 Chest - 12,000 Funcom Points).
    You*re wrong on both accounts. But not totally. Elitism is bad, because it creates unnecessary problems and a pyramid structure way faster, which affects how new content is designed (just look at AoC and other MMOs with mainly veteran players) and new player motivation. It has some good aspects too, if you call it by different names like knowledge and experience (elitism referrs rather to an undeserved pride of something and shunning others out intentionally, which is not really the case when it comes to most veteran raiders). But even the best intended and knowledgeable people loose contact to the ground sometimes.

Tank and Spank is also not bad (only when it is mindless repeated static key bashing for too long time, which it does not have to be). For me it means just periods of recovery, where it depends on the players, if something goes wrong and not on the script. For me it also does not rule out the occasional mob ability you have to actively counter or react to unpredictable. It gives a player controlable mechanism for benchmarking, is not so reliable on tech specs and lag and can be fun and relaxing too (isn't that what most games are about?). Of course it seems less challenge, than "one mistake, you're dead" content. And some people like their scripted content...but not everyone. And one is not better than the other, they are just different and appealing to different crowds. There were good posts about how different raid content was designed from tier 3.5 or tier 4 upwards. Tank and Spank also does not have to be mindless, depending on the design, location and ai options. Your problem with "tank and spank" and the mentality it might promote is easily countered: Just give less rewards for it or better: do a proper (reward+fun)/(time spent) ratio. Which seems off with a lot of new content. And i am 99% sure the mentality is not linked to tank and spank (which is effort, just look how many people complain that world boss kills "take too long!")...it is a general attitude of not wanting (or having!) as much time to play as others or general entitlement. The first will still play with less loot, the entitled players are not healthy, but might be countered by token systems (these players might leave very fast anyway and tend to be annoying even to those wanting to help them...of course it is nice that vets help out, but thinking that they would have to or a required to do so, is just plain wrong).

Because of the inbalanced rewards and the hype (and just because it is new, people naturally try it out) raid finder takes away potential players from normal raids (especially t1-t3). You see something is wrong, if you see ads in global more for raidfinder (which was designed so people would not need to advertise in global too) than other raids. And just seeing t4+ ads is offputting for new players who want to raid as well. Even in its current state RF not necessarily is bad, because as you yourself say, people who use raidfinder do not join normal raids. But would they without raidfinder? I am sure the majority would not. But here the whole concept of it as "bringing more people to higher tier raids" falls short. Said already, but if they wanted that, they would have looked at old tiers and done tweaks or a real difficulty option mechanic on the existing raids (or simply added special loot to them or made a token conversion system that works, there were a LOT of suggestions how to deal with less interest in t2-t3). The sad and unnerving thing is, that funcom does not react and i blame them for doing it intentionally to hype new content and "fix" statistics, while as you justly say, some aspects of the content are hurting the game.

Please don't give them more ideas about Saddur...it was a prime example of new lazy, disrespectful design trend of changing old stuff unnecessarily and without respect to old designs and people involved. The only idea concerning Saddur i accept, will be to allow for more player options concerning body types!
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 26th July 2016 at 06:25.

I lead pug raids t1-t4 every week. Before rf came out i was worried that filling raids will take way too much time. And now it is happening. Filling t4 takes more than half an hour, before Sheng, and after Empreror too (replacing sleepy ppl). Most likely i wont do it in one go anymore, it just doesnt fit in one evening like this.

On the sunny side, i noticed that we dont have as many players who we have to carry as we had before rf. I belive they are all farming there the afk content, and the players who dont mind the challenge join my raids. Im still worried whats gonna happen when the afk looters get enough gear and courage (based on gear) to join normal raids, and that time is coming very soon, i already heard about ppl who got 2 t4 big piece and black dragon out of rf.
    Johara / Shimi / Joxli - Tainted Souls - Crom
    Feat planner - Achievement list - AA heal calculator

Quote Originally Posted by Jerohn View Post
    Well it was said to pvpers when minigame queue was changed. Like 'you have tournament mode so dont play pug and call your guildies'. So now its said to raiders. All is fine.
    No, mini game leechers who wanted PvP gear and easy mini game wins for no effort said that, and those are the same people who like the raid finder. No sane PvE'er thought ruining mini games by making them pugs was a good idea, and some PvP'd a lot (like me) and quit because Funcom destroyed it and turned into a solo zergfest. So, you're just siding with the same type of people who helped ruin PvP with your post here.
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube
    THE IVORY TOWER - QQ - Schlenkerla/Hersch

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast