Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Thread: It is happening...

So far I see it, RF is quite popular.
    The problem is that there are no decent reward for the content that requires a lot more organization and effort. Given that developers deal very slow with new content, I agree the 3, 5, 7 years old content could be refreshed with meaningful reward. My dream about the Crafting rewamp probably would be ridicule...
    Last edited by Ernests; 19th August 2016 at 05:36.
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post
    So far I see it, RF is quite popular.
    The problem is that there are no decent reward for the content that requires a lot more organization and effort. Given that developers are doing very slow with new content, I agree the 3, 5, 7 years old content could be freshener with meaningful reward. Dream about the Crafting rewamp probably would be ridicule...
    I'll answer about RF's popularity with the following quote,

Quote Originally Posted by medke View Post
    gief 20 shard for breaking a box in khemi, remove shards from rf, pls
    everyone will do it, it will be obviously a very popular content, and will bring the pro and casual players together
    The entire game is meaningless and destroyed while RF continues to dominate everything.
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Evil Elitist Veteran Wanker ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

-- Make AoC Great Again --

This applies not only to raids and dungeons but also to Achievement system and PvP Arena, for example. Unless developers keep track of games development and would be able to draw the right conclusions
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

I would be very interested in any stats available as to how many tier raids are being successfully filled before and then after RF. It seems to me subjectively that global is a lot quieter. But then it is summer etc etc.

My feeling is it is a lot quieter in global and my issue with this is that WB boss is 1 week out of 4 so instances are harder to fill only 1 week out of 4 for WB week. But RF is every week - so impact is permanent, or at least until people get their rings.

Not sure on others drop rates for blue boxes but out of 40 runs I have got only tier III relics (1 or 2) or a bag of coins ( 15 silver). So farming not really delivering any benefits to me at least so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot-Ice View Post
    I--
    You can be sure obfuscation of statistics and transparency is one reason they have not included visible feedback on who and how many signed up for the raidfinder. Like minigames, this would give players a direct window into judging how popular that content really is. This is impossible if you click a box and then get a random popup sooner or later.

I am done with the RF, oh I'll run my toons thru for the shards and maybe a pet. This syatem at 1st I felt wasn't such a bad thing. Now weeks into it what I see are WB monkeys, who now have another schlub to go whack at and feel all godly over some chest at the end. THIS mess has destroyed what little was left of solid, good players learning to play the mechanics of the fights. It's so bad T3 uppers are a wipe fest, They go balls out on adds and bosses and then wonder why the tanks didn't hold agro. Or they curl up and won't dps at the level required to get an enrage timer completed before it goes off. And like someone noted it has pretty much killed pugging. If you get in a put, I can bet, you are going to have 8 or so of these overly dressed muppets in there, and after 3 or 4 hrs of picking yourself off the floor call the raid. It's an absolute travesty what FC put out. Between Wb week, and this ongoing mess called RF, what are vets to do about good hardcore raiding? And I mean with people who are working their tails off to earn faction in Khitai, run 6 mans for the rares, LEARNING fight mechanics and wanting to move on, you know progress. I always look at the numpties achievement points to BTW, not that it tells the whole story, but when you see players in a t6 RF with less then 500 AP, you just know its going to be bad...Yeah, it's not looking so good for vets, but hey the nuimpties are out gearing those of us still wanting to actually earn the gear.

Quote Originally Posted by banecrushr View Post
    Not to mention those who raid only for the social component and story progression. They are completely broken and cutoff now. The guilds i was in that offered such are in quick decline with several raidleaders abandoning the game even.

And if i can not see who is already signed and what is needed, i can not count it as casual content even. How would i know upfront, if i get stuck in a RF for 2 hours or 30 mins? How would i know, if my experience would be better, had i relogged to a different alt?
    So it takes similar time and stress at least than a normal raid, with just worse gameplay, less interaction, less control, less challenge, less fun and maybe onetime best rewards after long grind? Once geared, what is there?
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 23rd August 2016 at 16:33.

Default It's Time to Balance the Raid Finder Rewards

I can't speak for all the players, but I've personally noticed a massive shift of attention go from Khitai, 6 mans, and Raid instances to the Raid Finder and only the Raid Finder since its launch. As a player who regularly assembles groups to Unchained Dungeons daily and looks for pug raids, the ability to fill group content has plummeted to literally nigh impossible. I spent 3 hours on 3 separate days during peak hours trying to get an Unchained dungeon filled. I rotated between different dungeons, and different classes and was still unable to do so. This has led me to one undeniable conclusion:

The rewards for Raid Finder and the frequency of its availability are far too powerful.

Having a repeatable instance that takes low effort and yields t4 relics and dragon tears with no cooldown is unbalanced, plain and simple. Why run a 6 man or work on factions when you can just grind a tank and spank instance over and over again and get t4 gear?

There has to be some fine tuning on this particular game aspect. It's been out since mid-summer and the rate of group play has slowly diminished in all other corners of the game -- all because of the simplicity and quick access to high tier gear that doesn't involve the rest of the games' content.

I would really like to have a Dev address this issue. You guys have data available for where your players frequent. How many players have deserted group instances since Raid Finder came out?

A couple simple solutions would be to eliminate dragon tears from raid finder and only award simple relic IV for the purple boxes, or to add a cooldown.

Again, I'm interested in what the community thinks about this, as I was originally on board with the RF, but have started to see it as damaging and unbalanced when you take a step back.

V

Quote Originally Posted by WorldofRuin View Post
    Again, I'm interested in what the community thinks about this, as I was originally on board with the RF, but have started to see it as damaging and unbalanced when you take a step back.V
    You can find many many posts which are against the raid finder and their idiotic changes on item shop but every single opinion has been thrown to the trash bin without a second thought because its against their provoking way of milking as much as they can from aoc community in order to fund their next fail project. If anyone think about it, their logic is funny and frustrating at the same time, put raid finder with rewards that nullify 95% of the content from 2008 which you can get by being afk while prior to that screwing up item shop which lead to an almost 70 raging pages thread and then just dissapear for few months with not a single word whatsoever but just a spreading lie that eventually they will change prices for subscription as an even more provoking way to try and calm the people for the fail changes !!!

Professionalism at its best
    IVORY TOWER

Quote Originally Posted by WorldofRuin View Post
    I can't speak for all the players, but I've personally noticed a massive shift of attention go from Khitai, 6 mans, and Raid instances to the Raid Finder and only the Raid Finder since its launch. As a player who regularly assembles groups to Unchained Dungeons daily and looks for pug raids, the ability to fill group content has plummeted to literally nigh impossible. I spent 3 hours on 3 separate days during peak hours trying to get an Unchained dungeon filled. I rotated between different dungeons, and different classes and was still unable to do so. This has led me to one undeniable conclusion:

The rewards for Raid Finder and the frequency of its availability are far too powerful.

Having a repeatable instance that takes low effort and yields t4 relics and dragon tears with no cooldown is unbalanced, plain and simple. Why run a 6 man or work on factions when you can just grind a tank and spank instance over and over again and get t4 gear?

There has to be some fine tuning on this particular game aspect. It's been out since mid-summer and the rate of group play has slowly diminished in all other corners of the game -- all because of the simplicity and quick access to high tier gear that doesn't involve the rest of the games' content.

I would really like to have a Dev address this issue. You guys have data available for where your players frequent. How many players have deserted group instances since Raid Finder came out?

A couple simple solutions would be to eliminate dragon tears from raid finder and only award simple relic IV for the purple boxes, or to add a cooldown.

Again, I'm interested in what the community thinks about this, as I was originally on board with the RF, but have started to see it as damaging and unbalanced when you take a step back.

V
    LOL ,welcome to the future!

Yes i have the data even though i am not playing nor i am a dev :P.RF runs 24/7,players who despise it in it's current form have stopped actually playing the game,the rest struggle to pug some normal raids or form a 6man here and there and overall there is an activity and population drop minus raid finder and wb weeks.

Don't expect any changes though !Funcom has a vision,a dream (aka milk those "casuals" and "new players" as well as power addicted "veterans" with free easy shinies until they close shop ).

HF !
    Last edited by -Shink-; 16th September 2016 at 10:20.