Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: It is happening...

Quote Originally Posted by Reinauer View Post
    The point is, don't PuG.

Additionally, YeS, if you don't like a part of the game~ avoid it.

There's no such thing a "PuG content". Nothing is designed in this game exclusively for a PuG. Grouping with friends & guildies is the MMO norm.

And RF ~ YeS ... yes it is an alternative. There was no published intent for it to be a replacement.
    This sounds easy to do, yes, but thought through it can lead to "i do not like any part of the game", especially when the game changes a lot and one aspect affects the other aspects (which i might have liked a lot and that have become undoable in practice). And as some have rightfully said, PuGs have a right and reason to exist, so "don't PuG" is not a valid alternative. It is a luxury.

We agree on some basics, but why don't you see the danger of it becoming a replacement? The whole design screams it (loot, accesibility, cooldowns etc.). And like minigames, you as player have no control about the setup (not even who signed up is visible atm). It would be nice as side addition to fill a gap of a non-existant route before, but please don't go in denial about the dangers of bad design. This means you also deny that some points and flaws with the RF are fixable. It is nice though, that you say "published" intent

I personally see the potential and want them to fix it, so it fits in well balanced with existing content. I do not want it to become hyped unfinished content (what will happen when the shards are farmed and rings and pets claimed? Do you think the RF experience will truly help in t1-t3 and t4+?). Funcom has a tendency to leave things as they are, if ignored long enough (even if fixing would be easy, like with tournament queue for minis).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 27th July 2016 at 05:11.

Never said ANYTHING about not supporting new players.

My views are just different than yours. I can only assume your comment about telling people to go eF' themselves is based off of the lack of comprehension on my rebuttal to the OP.
    Lets see, you came to an argument, offered nothing constructive other than a passive aggressive shrug, told people to not do it if they dont like it, told them to "make arrangements" etc.

Then you say

"The point is, don't PuG.

There's no such thing a "PuG content". Nothing is designed in this game exclusively for a PuG. Grouping with friends & guildies is the MMO norm. "

Which again, is not constructive to the conversaion at all. Then you contradict yourself by saying nothing is a "pug content. nothing is designed exclusively for a PuG"

Yet there is a raid finder, yet there is a possible group finder. And yet 85% of guilds on crom have to advertise their groups on global for both raids AND groups. You act like this is still 2008 and that there are thousands of players playing this game competively.

So again, I will insist, you are basically telling people to f*ck themselves if they dont like the state of this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephturi View Post
    I've been looking for 6-man groups for quite some time, but I have one simple rule: any ad containing 'AA/XP/GEAR' is dismissed as soon as it is read. Since there's nothing else, I haven't been doing 6-mans for more than a year. On that point, the blame is on the shortcomings of the players.
    as well as

"I'd rather have an inexperienced guy joining a group in blue gear and spend 10 minutes explaining the encounter instead of waiting 2 hours looking for an hypothetical player with AA/EXP/GEAR."

So tell me please, why aren't you running your own groups, without "aa, gear, xp" demands, if you are so patient and ready to carry new people in blue gear?
    Drunk Templar Cimmerian

The point is, don't PuG.

There's no such thing a "PuG content". Nothing is designed in this game exclusively for a PuG. Grouping with friends & guildies is the MMO norm.

And RF ~ YeS ... yes it is an alternative. There was no published intent for it to be a replacement.
    If we avoid RF people like you would never be able to kill anything there. Rings from raidfinder are too good to pass, and to get them we are forced to do content we despise. To make things worse, we cannot sign up this with full raid and we are forced to mingle with, and carry worst from global.

And yes, RF is exclusively PuG content which can't be avoided because in the end it awards better gear than any normal raid. It is also replacement for normal raids. I was able to buy three or four main pieces on various obscure alts during the first week, and with no grinding because I already had some relics on them from before. Dragon tears were from RF only. Guildie says he completely geared his brand new guard in T4 armor (-weapons and accessories) in only one week of farming RF.

As for people who have the best gear in game but have no idea how to play, that is not new and that is not only RF fault. MC farming exploit has been going on for years, for example, and it was always possible to jump from Tortage greens to T4 armor & weapons. I am not upset anymore, it is entertaining to see fully geared PoMs not casting anything except blue heal spam in raid, or HoXes who only spam HfB and don't do a single combo, or ToSes only casting LS from distance etc. Even funnier is how they always know how to exploit, but don't know how to play normally.

I stick by my original statement; don't join RF if it causes you such heartache. If you don't like the fact PuGs aren't popping; coordination with your guild calendar FTW. If you don't like the "AA/EXP/Gear" calls; again, coordinate with your guild & friends. sensing a trend?

And please remember, the time vs reward for RF isn't as drastic as you have brainwashed yourselves into thinking. More likely; the player you've witnessed with mismatch gear has been close to getting higher tiered gear and RF has helped them get the piece they've been working on for months.
    I started the game back in 2008 as a lone player. Some people I met in AoC are now friends in real life as well, and I have pictures of their children stored on my hard drive. I met these people by answering or organizing PU groups or raids. Sensing a trend here?

Quote Originally Posted by Ocelotti View Post
    So tell me please, why aren't you running your own groups, without "aa, gear, xp" demands, if you are so patient and ready to carry new people in blue gear?
    Because I don't have the time anymore. Back then I could play 16 hours a day, that's not the case anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

As a veteran AOC player, I see the biggest problem with raidfinder is the effort vs reward. Too little effort to get to great reward. Now I'm not suggesting to nerf the raid finder rewards - I am suggesting that the real raids get some interesting bonus loot as well as atlantean shards.

My suggestions:
    • non-raid finder raids should drop some of the things that we see in the item shop that can't currently be obtained in game - and often!
    • Funcom should add additional T3 / T4 armour and weapons for each class and this newer gear should have a bonus chance to drop from each non-raid-finder raid boss (much like how Black Dragon gear has a chance to drop from T3 Arbanus) - these sets could potentially have item set bonuses!

In my opinion, this would fix the current perception of imbalance for effort vs reward between raid finder and non-raid finder raids.
    Last edited by Scaevacas; 28th July 2016 at 06:26.
    Requiem Nex Combat Monitor | Options not Saving temporary Fix
    Can Devs please fix:
    • new ressurections resetting the currently selected ressurect position
    • loot timeout windows disappearing before progress bar completes when box hasn't been opened quickly

Hello again!

1. Give Atlantean Shards to normal raids.
    2. Give Atlantean Shards to Unchained sweeps, and add daily quests to clear Khitai dungeons as well.

Have a nice day.
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Evil Elitist Veteran Wanker ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

-- Make AoC Great Again --

Just remove all the dumb loot from the game. Because chasing pixels is a fool's job. Hand out max gear immediately upon lv80 and let people do whatever afterwards.

(Especially immediately quitting the game because anyone whose only interest in a game is gathering pixels is a dumb player you don't want to play with.)

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    Hello again!

1. Give Atlantean Shards to normal raids.
    2. Give Atlantean Shards to Unchained sweeps, and add daily quests to clear Khitai dungeons as well.

Have a nice day.
    Short and constructive. You can expand giving a chance to shards to almost any content (even 1 shard in a normal boss bag will show, that you care). I second all, especially expanding daily quest challenge options. Even doing solo unchained or normal should count.

Quote Originally Posted by medke View Post
    6-man since rf: the joy when you have to wait 20 minutes for random to join your 5/6 guild group
    Shame. I always thought 6-mans were AoC's strongest point PvE-wise. Maybe it is time to revive the dungeon loot discussion. Redd's suggestions above make a lot of sense in that regard.

But since my RL schedule these days only allows for a couple of late-night minis, I guess the RF is good news for me. After all, I'm already used to zero coordination from random minis
    Last edited by Rathothis; 27th July 2016 at 13:17.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast