Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: It is happening...

Quote Originally Posted by Cappa View Post
    i have to say that "PUGing" the whole raid or just the last spots of your guild/friends raids is a good thing : you can teach newcomers the boss mechanics and everything, that's how the knowledge spreads among the players. that's way better than the raid finder where you just see basic encounters, nerfed so much nobody have to care about most mechanics anymore.
    I think, keeping in the spirit of the OP, (Code) is seeing a disproportionate amount of people who don't know the game or their toons. That's my interpretation of the original post. Basically saying that there are too many Nabs that need his/her help & somehow the RF caused it.

I believe the RF feature is a good one & as with any new game feature ~ others portions suffer for a short time. It'll level-out. For instance; you don't see many Raids (in-guild or PuGs) during the 1st week of the month. It's a known that we all except and we find other things to do in the meantime. ~ ~ ~ RaidFinder perhaps?

This whole idea that it's a hassle to show new folks content and they have gear you or I had to work years to get is just an Elitest behavior. RF isn't harming the game nearly as much as these forums do.
    Last edited by Reinauer; 28th July 2016 at 17:23.

Raidfinder, as it is now, is complete garbage. You are rewarded way more there than anything else in the game. In the same time, it's also the easiest crap with no cooldown whereas there is a cooldown on most instances and all real raids.
    About gear : gear is irrelevant when the player is incompetent. Decent players, even without shiny t4+ gear can do almost anything in the game and gear progression is not something big in this game. RF is so nerfed you don't need to learn anything or behave correctly : a few competent players can carry it regardless what happens.
    Hungry Bear.
    Chamacappa - Happyshamie - Sekmheth - Oyako - Nexoxcho - and an other dozen of cripples !

Some reasonable points in this thread and some nerd rage.But there is a much more serious thing happening.Today i saw someone riding a Polar Bear IN AN ARID DESERT AREA!.I lost my schnit game is phucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Cappa View Post
    Raidfinder, as it is now, is complete garbage. You are rewarded way more there than anything else in the game. In the same time, it's also the easiest crap with no cooldown whereas there is a cooldown on most instances and all real raids.
    About gear : gear is irrelevant when the player is incompetent. Decent players, even without shiny t4+ gear can do almost anything in the game and gear progression is not something big in this game. RF is so nerfed you don't need to learn anything or behave correctly : a few competent players can carry it regardless what happens.
    Well I would challenge the thought of RF giving greater rewards. If you get a piece of gear from T3/4 for a couple hours of actual raiding; then your Math doesn't add up. And let's not forget the nights it turns out to be a "Necro" night (substitute any class) when multiple drops happen.

RF is good for those who don't want to be in a Guild. In the last year; I've disassociated my toons on (3) accounts due to various reasons; drama, Elitest behavior, guild stigma ~ ~ there's lots of us Un-Guilded out there who would rather just play on our own terms. And yes , I pay subs for all 3 accounts.

Gear; I couldn't agree more. Why is everyone wrapped around the axle on that? If you see someone who needs help and will take it ~ help em' out. That's just the pay-it-fwd mentality we should have.

No need to cry about a game mechanic that was clearly asked for.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwartisan View Post
    Some reasonable points in this thread and some nerd rage.But there is a much more serious thing happening.Today i saw someone riding a Polar Bear IN AN ARID DESERT AREA!.I lost my schnit game is phucked.
    Many of have been asking for a [vote-kick] feature for years ~ it ain't commin'. Game is fine. I see more return players and new-players than I've seen in a while.

Someone said it in Raid the other day ~ if you see a toon acting substandard, jot the name down and offer guidance thru /tells, etc. if they continue to be problematic, you don't invite any more. Good advice.

I learned some of my toons from watching parse links and then getting with top performers after raid to get tips, builds, etc. now I watch others and sometimes offer well timed tips here and there.
    Last edited by Anzu; 28th July 2016 at 18:41.

Smile

Rf is fine as it is, and those who claim they geared multi characters in 4-5 pieces or full t4 are full of it, or perhaps do not sleep and just play raid finder 24/7 and have extreme drop luck rate.

Reinauer says it well in the last post above.

With RF many of us get to experience content we would never get invited too, since any lf for group play in global (be it dungeons or raids) is 90% "must have exp", unless it is T1s or BRC - which in turn forces you to join a guild to experience content. And being in AoC guild quickly becomes a choir rather then enjoyment - weekly obligations to chase that magic renown and guild ranking, makes you don't want to log in....

There are many who just want to enjoy AoC for the quality of the game itself. Rf, in time, allows us to get some good gear, see all of the raids and enjoy this beautiful game.

Next thing do to Funcom, create 6 man runs finder too, pretty please.

As many pointed out, Raidfinder really messed up normal raids; and it should be removed from the game as soon as possible. It has become harder, if not sometimes impossible, to get into raids and even run raids. Crafted gear, closer to 80, sells even worse now too. Funcom, listen to our feedback and either remove the rewards entirely from the Raidfinder or remove it while the game is still alive.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    As many pointed out, Raidfinder really messed up normal raids; and it should be removed from the game as soon as possible. It has become harder, if not sometimes impossible, to get into raids and even run raids. Crafted gear, closer to 80, sells even worse now too. Funcom, listen to our feedback and either remove the rewards entirely from the Raidfinder or remove it while the game is still alive.
    Which normal raids? I am full faction gear and do not get any invites above t3, reason given is no exp and a bit better gear needed...give me a break. Don't even get invites to old world dungeons if no exp, so i stopped trying to get in and RF is a saviour. At least will be able to do daily quests in Dragon Spine one day without too much worry about my hp going down fast

Maybe those characters who raid in t3+ are now busy gearing their 100+ alts lol. And for shard farms, easy, get a guild to run it.

Just join a guild that will teach you the dungeons and raids you don't know, just like we all did. The fact that you cannot join pugs because you don't have the experience doesn't mean the raidfinder isn't poor easy encounters with too high reward. On top of that, since there is no way to kick players, it encourages leeching. You can just stay at the entrance when you port and stay there until the end and you will get all the loot. Great idea!

If you lose connection or your game crashes, when you log back in, you are out of the raid and you either get the deserter debuff or you are still in the raid (you can see the raid list although you are not in the instance) and your toon is screwed since it cannot leave the raid or anything.

And now I've been able to see what people complained about, regarding pug groups. I've been trying to form a flame/vortex/palace group, which has always been the easiest thing to fill up, for 15 minutes and nothing. If raidfinder is the only PvE left to do outside of guild raids, please kill me now.
    Last edited by Patoson; 29th July 2016 at 07:20.

[xxx]: flame/vortex/palace need 2xhealer 1xrogue 1xmage
    notice no aa exp gear in the ad
    To [xxx]: sin
    [xxx]: sorry the group is disbanded, it seems nobody but you wants to do it

i'm sad
    Johara / Shimi / Joxli - Tainted Souls - Crom
    Feat planner - Achievement list - AA heal calculator

Quote Originally Posted by medke View Post
    i'm sad
    The really sad thing is, like many times before Funcom is too stubborn to adjust an implementation to the feedback of the players.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast