Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: It is happening...

Quote Originally Posted by Nephturi View Post
    I've been looking for 6-man groups for quite some time, but I have one simple rule: any ad containing 'AA/XP/GEAR' is dismissed as soon as it is read. Since there's nothing else, I haven't been doing 6-mans for more than a year. On that point, the blame is on the shortcomings of the players.
    I dont even ask for AA/EXP/GEAR, i dont see the point asking that btw, never did. Usualy those ads mean "i want to be carried by full AA pros, i dont know tactics well enough to explain, i have no patience for ppl without full epics"
    Johara / Shimi / Joxli - Tainted Souls - Crom
    Feat planner - Achievement list - AA heal calculator

Quote Originally Posted by medke View Post
    I dont even ask for AA/EXP/GEAR, i dont see the point asking that btw, never did. Usualy those ads mean "i want to be carried by full AA pros, i dont know tactics well enough to explain, i have no patience for ppl without full epics"
    That's exactly what I think.

Worst case scenario: You look in global and see someone asking for a Maintank with AA EXP GEAR, you shift + left click on this players name in the chat and realise that he is a tank too xD

And if you ask them why they don't have AAs and Gear but demand other people to have it they reply rude <3

I never use this AA EXP Gear ****, it's just stupid. People here say all the time "Oh my god so low playerbase, I am with the same people in a group all day long!" but not a one of them seems to be willing to help new people out there, almost no one want's to teach or accept 1 or 2 wipes if there are new people.

Quote Originally Posted by tman1991 View Post
    I do not understand..

a) are you looking to be carried?
    b) do you have no gear/xp AA's so you can not help the group?
    c) would you rather spend 20 min in a simple one -- vs 2 hours with bad group? Or something like Coils which takes 1-2 hours with good group.. do you want to spend 6 hours??
    d) do you want spend hours and finally realize if you had that AA that was needed you could do the encounter??

AA/XP/GEAR is for efficiency, ease of use and completing the encounter.

So how is this the shortcomings of the players??? I guess I dont understand maybe you are fully geared out and you want new players??
    Quick answer before going to bed.

a) No.
    b) I have the gear, the AAs and the experience.
    c) Irrelevant if the group is never completed.
    d) See above.

Now to counter with some more useful questions.

1/ Do I want to see the game alive? Yes.
    2/ Do I want to see players learn? Yes.
    3/ Will asking for AAs, experience and gear effectively prevent some players to join the group? Yes.
    4/ Have you ever heard the proverb about the man and the fish?

I'd rather have an inexperienced guy joining a group in blue gear and spend 10 minutes explaining the encounter instead of waiting 2 hours looking for an hypothetical player with AA/EXP/GEAR. Especially when the AAs of the class asked for are not needed in the instances planned by the group
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    That's not exactly true, Khitai sure, but, Coils, Wyrm, and the Unchained dungeons came long after T4 was completed (and was a farm for most guilds), so, there's 6.
    I meant khitai sixies, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Nephturi View Post
    I do it similar, because for me the blunt demand for (AA/XP/gear) is a sign of rudeness, laziness and inexperience with the encounters. This does not have to be the case, but at the very least it is a sign that the searcher is grinding, and not wanting to do the encounter for the experience or social issues. That is why i do not like grind designs in group instances, solo grind is a personal taste, group grind will hurt.

It CAN make it easier, but a nice player trying is far mor welcome to me than a aa/xp/geared one complaining and thus sabotaging the group and the experience (does not rule out inexperienced, ungeared nasty players exist too). It becomes ridicolous when the demand is copy and paste and applied for dungeon that need not (AA, XP, gear) or where only one or two chars need a few of it. The best runs i had where with people willing to try out unconventional combinations and did not despair or leave after one wipe. Here it would be a good start to change the script from (AA/XP/gear required) to (AA/XP/gear welcome) or (AA req/XP and gear welcome).

Also efficiency argument becomes absurd, if you keep looking for hours instead of accepting and trying.

I would remove the t4 loot from RF completely and take a look at t4 encounter mechanics, so that dps races and tank survival phases might be adjusted. Then add atlantean shards to EVERY boss in ANY group content (also old 6-ppl dungeons), because designwise they act as "activity tokens". Of course a t4 boss can bring more tokens than a t0 boss. To reflect this more, they could also lower the gilding token cost of social gear and add shards to the prices there instead.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 27th July 2016 at 04:04.

I stick by my original statement; don't join RF if it causes you such heartache. If you don't like the fact PuGs aren't popping; coordination with your guild calendar FTW. If you don't like the "AA/EXP/Gear" calls; again, coordinate with your guild & friends. sensing a trend?

And please remember, the time vs reward for RF isn't as drastic as you have brainwashed yourselves into thinking. More likely; the player you've witnessed with mismatch gear has been close to getting higher tiered gear and RF has helped them get the piece they've been working on for months.
    Last edited by Reinauer; 27th July 2016 at 04:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinauer View Post
    I stick by my original statement; don't join RF if it causes you such heartache. If you don't like the fact PuGs aren't popping; coordination with your guild calendar FTW. If you don't like the "AA/EXP/Gear" calls; again, coordinate with your guild & friends. sensing a trend?

And please remember, the time vs reward for RF isn't as drastic as you have brainwashed yourselves into thinking.

If you all seriously want this game to change, the friggen community has to, and when you have people like this who basically want to tell new players to f*ck themselves, its no wonder the population continues to dwindle.

Great job supporting new players, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
    If you all seriously want this game to change, the friggen community has to, and when you have people like this who basically want to tell new players to f*ck themselves, its no wonder the population continues to dwindle.

Great job supporting new players, dude.
    Never said ANYTHING about not supporting new players.

My views are just different than yours. I can only assume your comment about telling people to go eF' themselves is based off of the lack of comprehension on my rebuttal to the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinauer View Post

And please remember, the time vs reward for RF isn't as drastic as you have brainwashed yourselves into thinking.
    Have you thought this through? If people do as you advise? Or like the "argument" of "don't play it, if you don't like it"? You miss the point, because for them it is not a RF issue, it is because the content they like is getting neglected and attacked, so even not joining RF will not help.

What do PuGs have to do with guild groups/raids? PuGs are not guild raids/groups per definition.

You just submit to the argumentation and complaints of the thread, because a lot of the duties from design are moved to "guilds&friends", thus making it a worse design than it could be (as with tournament queue, which has serious flaws: it is not a valid suggestion to rely more on private effort instead of fixing the system). Especially the RF and other automated pug related designs should be made to LOWER and lessen the effort players have to make and rely on "guilds&friends". And if the follow up content of it as explained, relies now even more on this (more of it in t4+), the whole idea of the content is failed or in danger. Of course you can always use "guilds&friends" to get content done and in most cases it is a very good way (preferable) to do things, but isn't pug content created for the case of it not being available? And if the pug content is hurting the preferred content, shouldn't the design change in favour of "guilds&friends" content or fix the problems with it first?

RF might be a good alternative, but the danger people see here is, that it is not designed as alternative, but as replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post

What do PuGs have to do with guild groups/raids? PuGs are not guild raids/groups per definition.

... Of course you can always use "guilds&friends" to get content done and in most cases it is a very good way (preferable) to do things, but isn't pug content created for the case of it not being available? And if the pug content is hurting the preferred content, shouldn't the design change in favour of "guilds&friends" content or fix the problems with it first?

RF might be a good alternative, but the danger people see here is, that it is not designed as alternative, but as replacement.
    The point is, don't PuG.

Additionally, YeS, if you don't like a part of the game~ avoid it.

There's no such thing a "PuG content". Nothing is designed in this game exclusively for a PuG. Grouping with friends & guildies is the MMO norm.

And RF ~ YeS ... yes it is an alternative. There was no published intent for it to be a replacement.
    Last edited by Reinauer; 27th July 2016 at 04:44.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast