Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: It is happening...

I didn't honestly realize there was this much backlash for the Raidfinder. Personally, I've done it twice a week on my two main toons and other than some wipes each rf instance, have had much fun. I've gotten to see areas of the game I probably otherwise wouldn't see. I've learned some things that I probably wouldn't have learned otherwise, as well. And for the first time in the time that I've been playing this game I was able to go to a t3 raid that required "Gear, AA, XP" (My first t3 raid) and apply what I learned from the RF version of t3. I didn't hold the raid up, I didn't cause wipes, and I certainly wasn't carried in it.

I try very hard to listen to instructions and follow tactics, whether it is in a 6 man of any type, a regular raid, worldboss, or this raidfinder.

My only complaint is that I see calls for raid finder MORE often now then I do an actual raid and also think it'd be nice if they added atlantean shards to that. IT would give more of an incentive for newer people, returning players, and casual players to do the content in its normal state.

Regardless, I don't mind this raidfinder. It works as intended for the most part, and if it becomes unenjoyable to me, I can stop. The game is meant to be fun, not a gear grind. Relax

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    AoC raiding in specific has been wholly stupid ever since T3 opened, because some Edit by Anzu: No. at FC thought adding weakest link targeting wiper mechanics to 24 player messes was a good idea
    Quoted for importance. These kind of mechanics forces raid groups to get rid of people. That is a bad thing econonically - tt looses customers. It's socially inaccaptable - we loose friends.
    As a comparison: Do we encourage our children to exclude the dumbest/slowest/ugliest child from their playing, or do we teach them to include everybody?

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    Just count the number of guilds that collapsed because of Edit by Anzu: No. Hathor Ka. Those collapsing guilds fed their dedicated players to hardcore raiding guilds (while a lot more players just left), so raider guilds thought things were peachy and kept saying raiding is good on forums.
    This. Making a product difficult to use does not work well as a business strategy. Mid- to high level raiding in many MMOs - including AoC - is difficult. Most customers will fail - and fail hard. They will leave. They will take their money with them. The company will loose money, the game will loose development time and even more players. Snowballing does not work by exluding most snowflakes because they're not unique enough.

In this regard, the RF is a good idea. Again, I don't say I like it overall or in every detail, and it does seem to effect regular raid and dungeon grouping - which is bad, even very bad indeed. But it may be wise in other respects.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post
    This. Making a product difficult to use does not work well as a business strategy. Mid- to high level raiding in many MMOs - including AoC - is difficult. Most customers will fail - and fail hard. They will leave. They will take their money with them. The company will loose money, the game will loose development time and even more players. Snowballing does not work by exluding most snowflakes because they're not unique enough.

In this regard, the RF is a good idea. Again, I don't say I like it overall or in every detail, and it does seem to effect regular raid and dungeon grouping - which is bad, even very bad indeed. But it may be wise in other respects.
    With the Raidfinder, people will quickly gear up with t4 gear. The faster this happens the faster people will stop buying subscriptions because they get bored afterwards. Then they will leave anyway and the burst of income for Funcom disappears.

Nice thread but I guess funcom's way of dealing with all these is burying their heads in the sand like ostrichs and pretend everything is perfect, even though everything was predicted the moment they announced this fail content. And to be honest there is not a single point to keep arguing with them taking into account the answer from lead developer to shinken that if he doesnt like the content he should not play it......

And closing this post I believe unless funcom as a company decide to to a cleanup with their incompetent and unprofessionals employees there is no much hope for this game, and this is the reason Im not touching any funcom product ever again and Im making sure to spread it as much as I can for people who are not experienced with funcom's way of dealing things.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Hyall View Post
    With the Raidfinder, people will quickly gear up with t4 gear. The faster this happens the faster people will stop buying subscriptions because they get bored afterwards. Then they will leave anyway and the burst of income for Funcom disappears.
    Any game is just a game. Not a substitute for whatever person lacks in real life and yes there are types who play games to get "geared up" and parade around.

RF is mainly for new players. Since it came out i got 1 piece of t4 and 1 piece of t3 armor, that is all.

Who is getting geared quick? If one is farming like a maniac their 20th alt it is possible, I would not know.

From what I notice you got a REALLY low player population and have probably been playing with same people on their different alts for ages, not knowing they are alts. And those alts are the ones who come in RF and stay afk, probably exhausted after a 12 hour grind. Same thing that happens on wb too....

This QQ about how everyone is "getting" something is damn pathetic.

p.s.
    And btw since I returned, I have stayed fair few times on for half a day or so.

Even before the RF, there is on average 1 call per hour, not 2 not 3 not more calls, for khitai runs for example. Low player numbers, hooked on grind, if funcom made a new wb/rf thing grind for some extra 'best' piece of gear that costs 100000 tokens, entire player base would be there. Same thing with pug raids, were not happening too often....so yeah RF killed what is allready dead.
    Last edited by drmir; 3rd August 2016 at 06:52.

Quote Originally Posted by drmir View Post
    From what I notice you got a REALLY low player population and have probably been playing with same people on their different alts for ages
    You missed my point.

In my opinion the raidfinder was not a smart implementation if Funcom desires a regular income from what is left of the playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post
    Quoted for importance. These kind of mechanics forces raid groups to get rid of people. That is a bad thing econonically - tt looses customers. It's socially inaccaptable - we loose friends.
    As a comparison: Do we encourage our children to exclude the dumbest/slowest/ugliest child from their playing, or do we teach them to include everybody?

I enjoy how in both your and cin's posts the concept of people learning and improving is just out of the picture.Yeah lest level almost everything to the ground instead,works better. Usually when you encourage kids to include everyone there is teaching those you speak of involved ...now if people don't want,aren't interested and consider learning and improving a hassle and instead enjoy sitting back easily farming shiny pixels ..well....screw it ...
    Last edited by -Shink-; 3rd August 2016 at 08:15.

The only good thing they've done for new players is allowing free-to-play to have access to all areas and raids in the game. The way we veterans learnt the encounters was by joining raids tier by tier. Why wouldn't new players do the same now? Why do we need raidfinder, especially when it doesn't teach even half of the real counterpart's mechanics? The way to progress in the game was always to join a guild and learn the encounters slowly, not start getting the best gear without much effort.

Quote Originally Posted by -Shink- View Post
    I enjoy how in both your and cin's posts the concept of people learning and improving is just out of the picture.Yeah lest level almost everything to the ground instead,works better. Usually when you encourage kids to include everyone there is teaching those you speak of involved ...now if people don't want,aren't interested and consider learning and improving a hassle and instead enjoy sitting back easily farming shiny pixels ..well....screw it ...
    In all the RF I did (around 10), there was at least one new player asking questions about mechanics. Some of them didn't know what to ask, one of them even complained nobody explained the fights (we were quick to point that veterans have no way to know who knows what), but every question was answered. It even led last week to a 5 minutes pm exchanges as the newcomer wanted to know what were the differences between RF and regular Emperor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

I don't even care if 'new' players don't want to learn to play properly but instead like farming mindless stuff to get the best gear.
    I don't even care how fast they get that gear.

I want an option for those that dislike awful content like RF to be able to enjoy whatever other aspect of the game they like to get Atlantean Shards.
    Don't force us into something we hate with that cheap tactic of making the best rings and other rewards exclusive to that.

There is not a single reasonable argument against my suggestion to give Atlantean Shards to normal raids, dungeon sweeps, solo dungeons, etc...
    If FC is afraid that it might take away people from RF so there will be not enough left of us to carry afkers, leechers, noobs and trolls then forcing other players into it can be considered as an ABUSE.

That is not the way to design inclusive content that would make us 'mingle' as Mussagana likes to say.

Give shards to normal raids and dungeons and we will host much better pug raids and groups where those players that prefer real AoC can go and have fun together and leave RF for those that like mindless boring antisocial sh1t AND EVERYONE HAPPY.

Let everyone enjoy the game the way they want.
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Evil Elitist Veteran Wanker ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

-- Make AoC Great Again --

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast