Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: It is happening...

Just add;
    4x Shards per T4/T3.5 boss killed (T5/T6 too, no reason not to)
    3x Shards per T3 boss killed
    2x Shards per T1/T2 boss killed
    15x Shards per Unchained/Excavators quest completion, add new quest for the same reward involving Tian An and Ai District, and also all the Godslayers
    2x Shards per solo instance

That forgotten time trial achievement system should give a ONE TIME completion reward of 30 shards for master/10 for veteran (even halve that amount I don't mind).

Put them everywhere and add more stuff to buy with them after you do that, this wouldn't really hurt the raid finder either, time/effort/reward ratio is still way better.
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube
    THE IVORY TOWER - QQ - Schlenkerla/Hersch

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    Just add;
    15x Shards per Unchained/Excavators quest completion, add new quest for the same reward involving Tian An and Ai District, and also all the Godslayers

That forgotten time trial achievement system should give a ONE TIME completion reward of 30 shards for master/10 for veteran (even halve that amount I don't mind).

Put them everywhere and add more stuff to buy with them after you do that, this wouldn't really hurt the raid finder either, time/effort/reward ratio is still way better.
    Great suggestion, it would revive the entire game.
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Evil Elitist Veteran Wanker ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

-- Make AoC Great Again --

Edit by Anzu: Moderation is not to be discussed on the forums.
    Last edited by Anzu; 3rd August 2016 at 14:27.

Good idea Evito. But it does not solve the atrocity of the item shop prices, the disastrous and repetitive T6 raids, the ignorance towards existing bugs in the game, the arena where you can get the best necklace in game from fighting your own pets, and that damn raid finder that kill real pugs and the value of raids.

High challenge = high rewards. But it's not like this here any more.

It would be nice if they added the old buff pots back to the store at the original price. Or lowered the cost of the new ones by at least 75%.

Would also be nice if they would go through the suggestion thread and attempt to fix the notorious bugs that have existed since the dawn of time.

I don't think they have the power/time for a new raid tier, so T6 will more than likely be the last.

I agree with everyone else that they need to add shard drops to other raids. I'm sure the RF looks successful in Funcom's eyes, but soon enough the vets will give up carrying the raids after the rings are obtained.

And then it will crash and burn.. and this week is an example of that when there is the slight chance you have people that know how to do the mechanics.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    Just add;

This is a great idea Evito. Hope it will be implemented.
    The only thing I liked about RF is that it made it possible for me to get HoX Vanity gear for my assassin without "stealing" Tears from a proper, fun, raid.
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    Your completely right, you simply can not design a raid like a 6 man instance and expect it to succeed. From t2+ there has always been less potential players, because of the voicechat demand. Later the design becomes more demanding (not in a challenging way i think, rather in a "know it=easy" way). For many players the fun lies in variety and exploring things and different behaviours, not playing labyrinth or wits against the devs. So naturally the higher devotion is needed (higher tiers), the less players are in the pool. And this goes for all MMos. So, what needs to show is, does the raid finder really bring more people to the end game tiers to include them in the schedule (e.g. the t4+ is fun for them) or just for a one time grind (got gear, will quit)?

@Maark: Yes, the idea is basically what i said about including shards into other (or all other) content as well...no need to give high amounts...just a bit to account for activity or group activiy. So, seconded, too.

Default There will always be whiners

When something new enters the game, there will always be whiners. Obviously, any new feature won't be exactly what everyone wants, but the fact that RF raids run constantly suggests that it must meet some sort of demand. If it didn't, it would have simply spiked in popularity and then faded away (kind of like the arena).

The thing is, adding RF does NOT CHANGE THE GAME for people who don't like it. It's just another option for people who play. None of the content that you enjoy has been altered in any way by the addition of RF.

It seems to me that the main complaints against the existence RF are:

1) "There are fewer people to do real raids," and
    2) "People are getting gear that I had to work for."

My reply is that the second point is the answer to the first. By making medium-tier gear accessible, players will have an easier time equipping for real raids, and the raiding population will go up.

And besides, it people elect to do RF over the real raids... while that may be their loss, it's their choice. There's no sense in complaining that, by using other features of the game, other people aren't doing what you want them to do.

So, thanks to the devs for adding RF. All new features are appreciated, even if it's hard to tell from all the whining.

Quote Originally Posted by mooserats View Post
    When something new enters the game, there will always be whiners. Obviously, any new feature won't be exactly what everyone wants, but the fact that RF raids run constantly suggests that it must meet some sort of demand. If it didn't, it would have simply spiked in popularity and then faded away (kind of like the arena).

The thing is, adding RF does NOT CHANGE THE GAME for people who don't like it. It's just another option for people who play. None of the content that you enjoy has been altered in any way by the addition of RF.

It seems to me that the main complaints against the existence RF are:

1) "There are fewer people to do real raids," and
    2) "People are getting gear that I had to work for."

My reply is that the second point is the answer to the first. By making medium-tier gear accessible, players will have an easier time equipping for real raids, and the raiding population will go up.

And besides, it people elect to do RF over the real raids... while that may be their loss, it's their choice. There's no sense in complaining that, by using other features of the game, other people aren't doing what you want them to do.

So, thanks to the devs for adding RF. All new features are appreciated, even if it's hard to tell from all the whining.
    In that case add the best rings in the game and atlantian shards in the normal raids i enjoy,kthxbye

A random whiner.

Adding Atlantian Shards to other raids/dungeons would be counterproductive to the whole idea. That Shards can only be gained via raid finder forces "pro" players to join the raid finder with the "noobs", breaking down the barrier that usually segregates both.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/